The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: guns and cigarettes on September 01, 2006, 07:05:47 am

Title: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: guns and cigarettes on September 01, 2006, 07:05:47 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09012006 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09012006)

I think this is just fine.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006: Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: otter on September 01, 2006, 07:08:01 am
So, so disappointed that "fun little tits" did not figure into the title of the thread.  I can just imagine Sarah Silverman saying that: "Those are some fun little tits!  Can I steeeal youuuu?"
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006: Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: guns and cigarettes on September 01, 2006, 07:14:49 am
So, so disappointed that "fun little tits" did not figure into the title of the thread.  I can just imagine Sarah Silverman saying that: "Those are some fun little tits!  Can I steeeal youuuu?"

You make your choices and you take your chances. IMHO tit jokes are kinda gauche, but so is Sarah Silverman. Just me though.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Doc on September 01, 2006, 07:55:47 am
There are just so many movies I've never seen.
Those are some fun little tits though.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: DanSC on September 01, 2006, 08:09:12 am
I'm just not really a fan of these Roomba strips. Is that wrong?
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: V-Adore on September 01, 2006, 08:46:07 am
I'm just not really a fan of these Roomba strips. Is that wrong?

Normally I would say "yes, you are wrong," but this one isn't terribly funny. Sometimes they work for those of us who haven't seen the movie; sometimes they don't. This one doesn't.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: FlipConstantine on September 01, 2006, 01:20:28 pm
I think stuffed bear tits outta make up for any confusion about context here.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: wombat on September 01, 2006, 01:24:05 pm
Sometimes they work for those of us who haven't seen the movie; sometimes they don't. This one doesn't.

Yup, I'm afraid I'm completely clueless.  But the Roomba still makes me happy, at least.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Roger on September 01, 2006, 02:02:39 pm
From David Lynch to Christian Slater in two strips. That's Achewood.

I haven't seen that movie either. But it's nice to know that Téodor can fulfill topless female roles as well. More possibilities for the Roomba strips.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Hobot on September 01, 2006, 03:26:41 pm
"Mark (Christian Slater) runs a pirate radio station and causes an uproar when he speaks his mind and enthralls fellow teens." (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100436/)

It's got the makings for a high-class film.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: side_show on September 01, 2006, 03:45:38 pm
See, I loved Pump Up the Volume as a teen.  I had parts of it memorized.  I still have the soundtrack, on cassette, in my car.  But I think Onstad really sums it up well: rebellion and the distracting inclusion of a topless scene by Samantha Mathis.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: jough on September 01, 2006, 03:51:28 pm
If by "distracting inclusion" you mean "the only thing worth watching in the film" then I agree.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: wombat on September 01, 2006, 04:08:18 pm
It makes much more sense now!  Thank you all for being my link to popular culture!
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: CortJstr on September 01, 2006, 04:21:20 pm
When I was in school we were all about Empire Records, which sadly lacks nudity. But it does feature Liv Tyler having a very Jesse Spannow-esque breakdown (http://poppycockcircus.com/v-web/b2/index.php?p=40&c=1) upon being confronted about her speed addiction.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Hobot on September 01, 2006, 04:42:18 pm
When I was in school we were all about Empire Records, which sadly lacks nudity. But it does feature Liv Tyler having a very Jesse Spannow-esque breakdown (http://poppycockcircus.com/v-web/b2/index.php?p=40&c=1) upon being confronted about her speed addiction.

My friends and I were also fond of Empire Records.  See also: SLC Punk!.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006: Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 01, 2006, 04:49:55 pm
IMHO tit jokes are kinda gauche, but so is Sarah Silverman.

Sarah Silverman and Tina Fey need to have some sort of battle to the death... because there's only room for one female comic that we pretend is funny because she's really hot in a dorky kind of way in our culture at any one time. Janeane Garafolo, as their predecessor, would definitely have to be the referee.

I imagine that Tina Fey would win, what with the Hedelberg dueling scar and all, she clearly has experience in these matters.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: theinevitable on September 01, 2006, 06:14:40 pm
sarah silverman is Hot.

those are some fun little tits-- also, samantha mathis' are pretty nice.

also: I just watched SLC punk the other day. Empire records is next up!
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Pimp_skitters on September 01, 2006, 07:08:57 pm
   Does anyone actually own one of those vacums? It seems to me something that would either terrorize or infuriate pets...
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Fooker on September 01, 2006, 07:37:00 pm
CRYING GAME.  :(
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Drastic Action on September 01, 2006, 07:54:35 pm
My friend's parents have one.  Every night, it whirrs about the house, clanking into stuff and making a rukus.  I like to tease it, and try to put cups on it as if it were a waiter, but it has no stair skills so it has issues getting to the kitchen.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006: Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: MattFish on September 01, 2006, 08:37:26 pm
Sarah Silverman and Tina Fey need to have some sort of battle to the death... because there's only room for one female comic that we pretend is funny because she's really hot in a dorky kind of way in our culture at any one time. Janeane Garafolo, as their predecessor, would definitely have to be the referee.

I imagine that Tina Fey would win, what with the Hedelberg dueling scar and all, she clearly has experience in these matters.

This is probably truer than anything anybody has ever said.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: sailor on September 01, 2006, 08:42:08 pm
See, I loved Pump Up the Volume as a teen.  I had parts of it memorized.  I still have the soundtrack, on cassette, in my car.  But I think Onstad really sums it up well: rebellion and the distracting inclusion of a topless scene by Samantha Mathis.

oh, me too totally. i think i'm still in love with nora. i got the cassestte soundtrack a few months ago. "everybody knows is still one of my favorie songs. (Cohen version.)

(BTW, hi,again,  if you remember me. i haven't been here in like years.)
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: jough on September 01, 2006, 08:42:19 pm
I was always kinda partial to Lisa Loeb.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: sailor on September 01, 2006, 08:55:18 pm
I was always kinda partial to Lisa Loeb.

my theory is that lisa loeb started the whole cute/hot indie/emo glasses girl thing. of course this caught on in a much bigger way with dudes, unfortunately. dudes took that and turned it into a thing that makes me wannna punch.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: theinevitable on September 01, 2006, 09:14:30 pm
dude, no. My love of girls with cute glasses has nothing to do with any movie. It is an archetype as old as time.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: jough on September 01, 2006, 11:30:42 pm
Yeah, dudes don't rock the emo/indie "cute" thing well unless they are gay.

My new glasses do make me look like a dude who chooses fonts for a living, though.  They are designer frames and therefore way too expensive and chic-looking.  They are also made of industrial plexiglass - the kind you'd find at a check cashing place for the purposes of stopping bullets.

Of course, if someone shoots me in the eye I don't think the specs would help much.

</digression>
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Pimp_skitters on September 02, 2006, 02:55:25 am
  I find glasses have an odd effect: they cut down aggression from other guys. I'm like Clark Kent that way: with contacts, I get the "Hey! Who do you think you are being taller than me!?" vibe, but with glasses, apparently some "Glasses, must be some harmless geek" instinct overrides that.  I often choose which to use based on my planned company for the day.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: FlipConstantine on September 02, 2006, 03:01:00 am
What I love is that women never miss an opportunity to tell me how much better I look without my glasses.  I like having the option to be blind and a pimp or a geek who doesn't run into everything.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: linnea on September 02, 2006, 05:11:37 am
Heh... I have these great Vera Wang tortoiseshell frames that I effing LOVE. I get compliments on them all the time. Worth every penny, just like my purebred Scottish Folds.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Hobot on September 02, 2006, 03:59:13 pm
I have depended upon and worn glasses since the third grade, and they have become an intrinsic part of my identity.  I was rather upset (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nohobotic/231869002/) when a pair of glasses I had worn for three or four years (those pictured in my avatar) broke over the holidays last year.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Drastic Action on September 02, 2006, 08:17:03 pm
I broke my last pair of glasses at a World/Inferno Friendship Society show in nyc (wearing glasses to any of their shows, especially a nyc show, is a supremely bad idea).  I had been going around with just one lens in my glasses after that, which was unacceptable, so I chose not to get another pair of wire-framed glasses and instead went for these trendy-ass motherlovin specs (http://doug.finalownage.com/action/?nav=Pictures&picture=1147).  The shame is overpowered by all the attention I've been getting from the ladies.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: linnea on September 02, 2006, 09:10:54 pm
Awesome! You get a tiny can of Dr. Pepper for having hell of rad glasses. Here's a picture of me rockin' the Vera Wang frames:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/linnea/219553487/
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: sailor on September 02, 2006, 09:33:10 pm
I can see an itty bitty shrew in a field from a mile away. at night. from the top of a tree.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Drastic Action on September 02, 2006, 10:33:10 pm
Heh, nice!  We can form a club!  Cool glasses only.  The completely orange jacket is also a nice touch ;D
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Hobot on September 02, 2006, 11:10:25 pm
I can see an itty bitty shrew in a field from a mile away. at night. from the top of a tree.

No one likes a braggart, sailor.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: linnea on September 03, 2006, 02:32:30 am
Heh, nice!  We can form a club!  Cool glasses only.  The completely orange jacket is also a nice touch ;D
Heh... that's a float coat (http://www.go2marine.com/category.do?no=12148&view=item). The Bering Sea is close to freezing, so land dwelling mammals who fall in stand a good chance of dying of hypothermia. I had two hypothermia patients a while back (I'm a medic)...one had a float coat, the other didn't. The one with the float coat was still warm and pink and talking to us. The guy without was seriously fuck*ng cold (93 degrees Fahrenheit) by the time we got him. Both of them were okay, but I certainly wouldn't want to ever get that cold. Ever.

**EDIT. I just got up from a delicious 3-hour nap. I love Saturdays and not being on call. ;)
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: theinevitable on September 03, 2006, 06:03:07 am
hmm. My glasses are wire-rimmed. My lady likes me with them, and I am too lazy to put in contacts. But I like how I look in contacts. So I alternate.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006: Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: Paisley on September 03, 2006, 10:47:58 pm
Sarah Silverman and Tina Fey need to have some sort of battle to the death [...] Janeane Garafolo, as their predecessor, would definitely have to be the referee.

Why would a battle to the death need a referee? It seems to me that the outcome would be pretty decisive without having to call it.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: CortJstr on September 04, 2006, 12:14:15 am
Why would a battle to the death need a referee? It seems to me that the outcome would be pretty decisive without having to call it.

Well just because it's too the death doesn't necessarily mean that it's no-DQ or no holds barred. You would need a ref to make sure nobody got help from friends or used firearms.
Title: Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
Post by: MattFish on September 04, 2006, 04:36:12 am
Well just because it's too the death doesn't necessarily mean that it's no-DQ or no holds barred. You would need a ref to make sure nobody got help from friends or used firearms.

What would disqualification entail? Being put to death?