The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 03, 2006, 04:17:38 pm

Title: My New Artcar
Post by: pmcd9 on September 03, 2006, 04:17:38 pm
This is gonna be sweet.  Hoping to have it ready to drive to Berekely in a week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/231982181/

~Paul
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: Drygioni on September 03, 2006, 05:22:38 pm
Looks awesome, Paul. Enjoy the ride!

I'm a highway star
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: Hobot on September 03, 2006, 06:14:33 pm
Fantastic!  I love that the design is based upon your photography, another one of your well-known hobbies.

Good luck!
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: pmcd9 on September 03, 2006, 06:15:57 pm
I forgot to mention that I am searching for a name.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

~Paul
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: jough on September 03, 2006, 08:30:32 pm
Photos + Artcar = Phartcar
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: Drygioni on September 03, 2006, 08:55:24 pm
For some reason, Moving Pictures sounds good to me at first but gets steadily more ugly on the jug handles; eventually, I feel such a suggestion should be laughed at.

I still like the idea of photos moving at high speeds being part of the name. Can anyone name me the art/photo equivalent of Fast Food?
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: jough on September 03, 2006, 09:56:59 pm
Norman Rockwell?
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: V-Adore on September 03, 2006, 11:02:54 pm
Artcar Kinkade: Painter of Light?

Seriously, Paul, this is super-rad. Share photos once that beauty's on the road! (Er, not that I have to tell you...)
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: Doc on September 04, 2006, 01:49:03 am
Take a photo of the artcar and put in ON the artcar!
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 04, 2006, 04:38:04 am
Take a photo of your artcar with a photo of your artcar on it with a photo of your artcar on it. Continue the recursions until it's no longer ironic.
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: AugustWest on September 04, 2006, 04:45:02 am
Take a photo of your artcar with a photo of your artcar on it with a photo of your artcar on it. Continue the recursions until it's no longer ironic.

This is a good idea.
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: side_show on September 04, 2006, 07:00:00 pm
Van-Go? (probably better for a Van Gogh inspired van...)
Snap-Shot-Gun?
Snappy Van?
Art-Cara-Van?
Snap-Shots on a Mother-Fuckin' Van?
This-Van-Is-A-Rockin'?
The Holly Paul-ly Van By Golly?
Artcar Memoir?

(edit: thought of a couple more:)

Chevy-a-Bevy-a-Memories?
The Mustachioed Fellow in the Van of Yellow?
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: pmcd9 on September 04, 2006, 08:02:22 pm
Damn, I just thought of a good one, but it won't work.  Kodak Momentum.  But I use Nikon cameras (I love to take a photograph). But the yellow is supposed to suggest Kodak film so maybe... I don't use film though.  I don't know.

I like the Mustachioed Fellow in the Van of Yellow.

~Paul
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: Lister on September 07, 2006, 06:19:16 am
"Click, Click, Vroom" amuses me, but you'd probably not want to be associated with that POD song.

V.A.N.N. would be fun in a Knight-Rider-y way if you wanted.

There's also the famous ETMF, which would probably lead to a whole lot of wrong guesses.

Van Buren?  Muttonchops!

Van Allen?  Radiation belts!

Van Wilder? Crappy movies!

c a r a v a n  
                                             by Paul
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: CortJstr on September 07, 2006, 01:06:24 pm
"Click, Click, Vroom" amuses me, but you'd probably not want to be associated with that POD song.

V.A.N.N. would be fun in a Knight-Rider-y way if you wanted.

There's also the famous ETMF, which would probably lead to a whole lot of wrong guesses.

Click Click Boom was Saliva. IIRC it was on the list of "banned songs" immediately after 9/11. Although POD has a song called "Boom" as well.

Anyway. ETMF?
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: AugustWest on September 07, 2006, 04:33:07 pm
How about "Suckin' Dick"?
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: pmcd9 on September 07, 2006, 10:36:36 pm
Anyway. ETMF?

CJ really?  This isn't like you.  It's only been my sig for about two years.

I have tenitavely decided on a name.  It came from my own fevered brain, not a suggestion.  Nikonic.  Because I use Nikon cameras and I am using iconic images of iconic artcar artists and iconic artcars.

Nikonic!

Likey?

~Paul
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: CortJstr on September 07, 2006, 11:11:54 pm
Dammit, I was in song-mode because of the rest of the post. But I couldn't think of any songs with those initials.
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: Formica on September 12, 2006, 05:53:09 pm
This is gonna be sweet.  Hoping to have it ready to drive to Berekely in a week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/231982181/

~Paul

What brings you to Berkeley?

Edit: Oh, I see. Interesting, I'll have to check that out. For the record, I work in Emeryville and live in Oakland, both of which are adjacent to Berkeley.
Title: Re: My New Artcar
Post by: pmcd9 on September 14, 2006, 07:09:46 am
Hey Formica, I ain't going to Berkeley.  I can't afford it.  The work on the van is proceeding apace (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/242941069/).

~Paul