The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: JorgeFabregas on September 04, 2006, 01:46:03 am

Title: Happy Labor Day
Post by: JorgeFabregas on September 04, 2006, 01:46:03 am
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2006/09/02/another_year_another_wage_loss/
Title: Re: Happy Labor Day
Post by: side_show on September 04, 2006, 06:42:35 pm
I feel so bad, but I started today off with some serious labouring - as we do every chance we get, the SO and I were shoveling limestone from the pit that is our back yard into his truck, driving it over to his work's gravel lot, unloading it and starting the same cycle over again.  I did have a chocolate donut somewhere in there.  But on an officially sanctioned day of rest, I have done the opposite, and plan to do at least one more truckload today.  Now I am so pooped.
Title: Re: Happy Labor Day
Post by: theinevitable on September 04, 2006, 08:20:38 pm
my first labor day at school has, so far, consisted of doing schoolwork. It bugs me that I am being roughly 100 times more conscientious about getting things done than i was in highschool, but it is still not enough.

of course, translating Latin and writing arabic words are not "labor" by any stretch. I did clean out my dorm room, though! And I've only been up 3 hours so far!
Title: Re: Happy Labor Day
Post by: Drygioni on September 04, 2006, 08:31:28 pm
Fittingly enough, this 'Labour Day' is the last day of freedom before I start the daily process of education once more. Labour Day, more like Last Day Of Freedom Before Months of Labour Day.

Nonetheless, hope you all had a wonderful Labour Day.
Title: Re: Happy Labor Day
Post by: V-Adore on September 04, 2006, 08:48:33 pm
I'm spending the day packing for graduate school. Damn good times!
Title: Re: Happy Labor Day
Post by: linnea on September 04, 2006, 08:57:19 pm
On my Labor Day, I slept until 11:30AM. I'm drinking tea and listening to music. Today is a good day.
Title: Re: Happy Labor Day
Post by: CortJstr on September 04, 2006, 10:24:26 pm
I remember my first Labor Day at college. All the first years were shocked that we didn't get the day off. The teachers were all "we've only had classes for like a week and you want a day off?"
Title: Re: Happy Labor Day
Post by: theinevitable on September 04, 2006, 10:59:04 pm
oh, really?

we got the day off. I'm just doing homework. because I am trying hard to be responsible.
Title: Re: Happy Labor Day
Post by: Hobot on September 04, 2006, 11:09:31 pm
I'm spending the day packing for graduate school. Damn good times!

I, too, spent the day packing for a higher education-related destination (in my case, college).  I am somewhat proud that I managed to get all the packing done in a single day (because there's no prelude to a return to school quite like procrastination!).
Title: Re: Happy Labor Day
Post by: robot_god on September 04, 2006, 11:34:19 pm
I woke up at 6:00pm.