The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on September 07, 2006, 02:27:37 am

Title: A mix for yoooooooouuuuu
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 07, 2006, 02:27:37 am
Your humble Mayor submitted a playlist to Salon Audiofile's summer playlist contest, and today I just learned that I was named one of the six big weiners.

You'd think they could have sprung for an iPod or something, but noooooo.

Anyway, here's some freely-available Mayor-approved tunes.  Mine's the second one.  Apologies for the cheesy title and description, but it was part of the contest.

http://www.salon.com/ent/audiofile/2006/09/01/bbq_wrapup/index.html
Title: Re: A mix for yoooooooouuuuu
Post by: pmcd9 on September 19, 2006, 01:24:59 am
Hey Carl, I just downloaded your mix from Salon, but the song Glove Box is coming up as 'index.cfm' I don't recognize that file extension.  Can you post that song somewhere so we can get the complete mix?  Thanx.

~Paul
Title: Re: A mix for yoooooooouuuuu
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 19, 2006, 02:17:55 pm
Here's their mySpace page:
http://www.myspace.com/sexybicycle

You can download it from there.
Title: Re: A mix for yoooooooouuuuu
Post by: jough on September 19, 2006, 03:21:41 pm
So what prize did you win for winning the contest, Carlos?
Title: Re: A mix for yoooooooouuuuu
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 19, 2006, 03:59:39 pm
I won JACK SHIT

I pretty much got my name on Salon (not for the first time).  They didn't even link to my web site or anything.