The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: afterMonday on September 13, 2006, 05:25:30 am
-
I'm not exactly used to it, so it didn't really hit me.
I'm Sarah- and I'm completely exausted and should be /asleep/ right now.
-
You really don't have to introduce yourself. Someone started it and now every n00b in the world feels that they have to say something.
I am pleased that your introduction included absolutely no salient information, though.
GOOD FOR YOU, KID
-
Should we call you Tuesday?
~Paul
-
hah, that seems fitting. =]
After Monday is actually a song by an Alternative/Folk- type artist named Lisa Germano. I strongly suggest the album that song is featured on to everyone who likes that kind of music.
-
Let's just call her Wednesday. It can be like that Adams Family thing.
Hell, let's not call her at all.
-
Waiting for Wednesday is a Lisa Loeb.
~Paul
-
I dig your specks.
-
Thanks.
I'm actually getting a pair within the next couple of days.
woo for deteriorating vision.
-
Someone started it
Guilty as charged. But can I help it if I'm a trend setter? Fashion sense is genetic, there's nothing I can do about it...*grabs platform riding-boots and plaid bellbottoms*
-
Sorry pimp but as far as I can see the first person to make a hello thread here was someone else (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1339.0.html).
And if that doesn't count (because he is the cartoonist so of course he'd introduce himself/is to much of a drunken pig to even count as a human being/is in reality a small corporation who has outsourced writing to india and art to north korea and is working on improving their market penetration for the purpose of selling more shirts and shot glasses) it had an almost immediate* immitator (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1404.0.html).
*a month cannot count as almost immediate by anyone's standards, but the thread titles were just so durn catchy.
-
Oh, and Hi Tuesday!
Can we get Hobot and Tuesday to fight over who is going to be our official cute girl in glasses? In chocolate pudding for preference (Q is away people I need to compensate).
-
Sorry pimp but as far as I can see the first person to make a hello thread here was someone else (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1339.0.html).
Yikes! I'm suprised he stayed as long as he did. I'd hate to see the scary fanmail he got in his inbox.
-
I um, actually have seen the scary fan mail he got in his inbox. Some of you people are really fuck*ng sick, man.
I think some green folk introduced themselves before that, but I do not have the CJ powers to hunt these things down.
By the way, Cort, Doc totally wants your job. Plus marriage.
Anyway, you can't be the resident cute girl with glasses unless you're actually like, a cute geeky girl with glasses.
I'm just saying Hobot's reign is pretty secure here. I mean, her avatar is the stereotypical image of a Cute Geeky Girl w/ Glasses on a tortilla. Does it get any better than that?
I THINKN'T
-
NOBODY CAN EVER REPLACE OUR HOBOT
she is the cute girl with glasses. if I am attracted to a girl with glasses, it is because that girl reminds me of hobot.
also, remember how good she looks in that Hugs t-shirt?
damn, I have lost my subtlety. I used to be so suave.
-
Plus marriage.
Dare a girl even dream?
Inev: Female pudding wrestling man... keep your eye on the goal here!
-
Hey Tuesday, if you stick around after Jough's prickly little welcome and the perv's...well, you got grit is all.
Yea, we seem to have lost all class around here. Or maybe it's just a today thing...
Howdy, anyway.
-
Thanks for the... compliments?
I am sorry to have inadvertently commandeered your thread, afterMonday. Welcome, &c.
-
All I was saying is that the introduction didn't really introduce anything or give us any further info into the life of the OP that we couldn't have gleaned from her other posts.
Sheesh, people, if you're going to start a thread about yourself at least make it about yourself, because otherwise it just degrades (improves?) into a thread about how cute Hobot is, which ain't no kind of discussion to have among civilised people.
-
I um, actually have seen the scary fan mail he got in his inbox. Some of you people are really fuck*ng sick, man.
I think some green folk introduced themselves before that, but I do not have the CJ powers to hunt these things down.
By the way, Cort, Doc totally wants your job. Plus marriage.
Anyway, you can't be the resident cute girl with glasses unless you're actually like, a cute geeky girl with glasses.
I'm just saying Hobot's reign is pretty secure here. I mean, her avatar is the stereotypical image of a Cute Geeky Girl w/ Glasses on a tortilla. Does it get any better than that?
I THINKN'T
Best I can tell Doc is right that Onstad was the first to start a "hi I'm new" thread. Others would just post to an existing thread then add "also, hi, I'm new" as more of a post script to that post.
I'm not sure abou the mega hugs from Doc. I'd need to see some pictures first.
-
NOBODY CAN EVER REPLACE OUR HOBOT
I still consider Hobot is a replacement for Andalucia. Anda didn't have glasses though.
~Paul
-
Let's be honest here: every subsequent poster has been, in some way, a replacement for jldunston. Even while jl was here.
-
JL Dunston can't be replaced. That is why she is legend (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2308.0.html).
~Paul
-
All I was saying is that the introduction didn't really introduce anything or give us any further info into the life of the OP that we couldn't have gleaned from her other posts.
I think the problem in general with introductions on this board is that there is no obvious commonality between all of us except that we read Achewood. I know when I wrote my intro I was thinking "what do I put in here? 'My name's Pimp_Skitters and I read Achewood'?"
A short intro is better than those never ending autobiographies I've occasionally seen masquerading as introductions on other forums: "...And then we crossed the river Oder by moonlight, the icy waters biting into us as we fled to safety. Of course I knew he had attatchments to three other women at the same time, but I somehow felt this act of daring would draw us together forever. Little did I know how wrong I could be, but I'll save that part of my story until we get to it, as I still have a lot to tell before we cover the summer of '83... ... ...Anyway, I'm looking forward to posting on the Ice Cream Flavours Forum, and I hope you will all enjoy the recipes I post. They each have a meaningfull story attatched to them."
-
Yeah, Pimple Skittles, despite the awful nick and too-colourful sig, has brought the big swingin' dick to n00bdom. We haven't seen anyone ingratiate themselves so quickly into the group since MisterQueue, and he's gone AWOL recently.
WAY TO GO
-
MisterQueue, and he's gone AWOL recently.
He's sposta be back on Friday.
-
I am sorry for filling your hello thread with a bunch of crass comments Tuesday, I just miss Q is all. Also trying to write a talk for this goddamn conference and getting nowhere. We are not always like this.
Except when we are.
Cort: Think that picture Harrison Ford sent around but taken with a mexican magic-realism camera.
-
I'm just saying Hobot's reign is pretty secure here. I mean, her avatar is the stereotypical image of a Cute Geeky Girl w/ Glasses on a tortilla. Does it get any better than that?
Up until that sentence I had thought that avatar was the vice magazine website logo man... on a tortilla (No link sorry, look it up if you're curious). Will this admission get me banned from the forums?
As for the introduction issue - while I don't think there's anything wrong with saying hi I personally didn't do one because I wasn't sure if I would ever contribute much to the forums. And so far I er, haven't.
-
Up until that sentence I had thought that avatar was the vice magazine website logo man... on a tortilla (No link sorry, look it up if you're curious). Will this admission get me banned from the forums?
Are you saying I look like this guy (http://www.ackxhpaez.com/illustration/Vice_Magazine.jpg)?
-
You actually look like my friend Ken in that photo - mostly because the dark shadow around your jaw/neckline looks like a four day growth of beard.
-
Y'know... now that he mentions it...
-
Are you saying I look like this guy (http://www.ackxhpaez.com/illustration/Vice_Magazine.jpg)?
Hahaha.
Not so much. I can't find an image of what i am talking about, all I can say is if you use firefox and go to viceland.com the image is on the tab, and in their logo (the one for this forum is roast beef).
-
You know, if there was a machine that could print faces on tortillas, you could really make a dinner party awkward...
-
Yes. Yes you could.
-
they print faces on cakes, why not a tortilla?
~Paul
-
they print faces on cakes
That's almost as bad. What would happen if you left it in the sun and it melted a little?
-
Leaving them in the rain is really horrible. 'I don't think that I can take it, 'cos it took so long to bake it, and i'll never have that recipe again.
Oh no.
~Paul
-
They can do it with toast. (http://shop.sanrio.com/product_info.php?products_id=718)
-
They can do it with toast. (http://shop.sanrio.com/product_info.php?products_id=718)
titty toast? (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/236084961/)
~Paul
-
Leaving them in the rain is really horrible. 'I don't think that I can take it, 'cos it took so long to bake it, and i'll never have that recipe again.
Oh no.
~Paul
At least it wasn't melting in the dark.
They can do it with toast. (http://shop.sanrio.com/product_info.php?products_id=718)
Whoah! that site is a clickable abacination.