The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: FeeReep on September 18, 2003, 11:49:35 am

Title: Where the anime geeks at? DVD news
Post by: FeeReep on September 18, 2003, 11:49:35 am
Well, this should bring them out of the woodwork. Biggest news since the release of Akira on DVD, from Manga.com:

Amazing, beautiful and mysterious, NINJA SCROLL blends the mysticism of 17th century Japan into an intensely packed tale of pulse-pounding anime action, fantasy and adventure. Directed by the revered Japanese anime veteran Yoshiaki Kawajiri (Animatrix, Vampire Hunter D) and masterfully rendered by Japan's acclaimed Madhouse animation studio (Perfect Blue, X, Spawn), NINJA SCROLL features a wicked cast of characters and extraordinary fight scenes combined with lightening Samurai action. One of the most critically acclaimed, highly popular and best selling anime films of all time, NINJA SCROLL has been completely digitally remastered visually and digitally reformatted with the latest in Surround Sound audio technology available today for the 10th Anniversary Special Edition DVD. This exciting new double-sided/dual layered DVD offers a pristine presentation of the original 4x3 film plus a newly created 16x9 widescreen edition for home theatre enthusiasts

"Excellent Top-of-the-Line Animation... Superb Action Sequences" - AXCESS MAGAZINE

CUSTOM THREE-FOLD DIGI-PACK WITH FREE NINJA SCROLL 10TH ANNIVERSARY POSTER INCLUDED!


DUAL SIDED, DUAL LAYERED DVD 18 CONTAINS
SIDE A:


DIGITALLY REMASTERED ORIGINAL 4X3 FULL SCREEN
SIDE B:

DIGITALLY REMASTERED ENHANCED 16X9 WIDESCREEN
ADDITIONAL FEATURES (BOTH SIDES):

CUSTOM MOTION / INTERACTIVE MENUS
ENGLISH AND JAPANESE LANGUAGE 6.1 DTS & DOLBY DIGITAL EX  SURROUND SOUND
ADDITIONAL FRENCH & SPANISH LANGUAGE DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 STEREO
DIRECTOR INTERVIEW
CHARACTER SYNOPSIS
PHOTO GALLERY
HISTORY OF JUBIE
ENGLISH CAST KEY CHARACTER INTERVIEW
ENGLISH SUBTITLES AND MANGA EXTRAS!
Title: Where the anime geeks at? DVD news
Post by: pubdoggy on September 18, 2003, 12:14:41 pm
droooooool
Title: Where the anime geeks at? DVD news
Post by: slink on September 18, 2003, 02:13:16 pm
Mmmmmmmmmmm.
Yes, damn. Gonna have to get that imported soon! Probably do that when I buy Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service.
Title: Where the anime geeks at? DVD news
Post by: CortJstr on September 18, 2003, 05:35:24 pm
I remember reading about that a few weeks ago at AoD. Ninja Scroll TV is coming out soon as well.

Personally I can't wait for the new super Eva and Esca figures that just came out in Japan
Title: Where the anime geeks at? DVD news
Post by: andalucia on September 18, 2003, 08:29:24 pm
please.... no...

I'm a recovering anime geek... but something like 'spirited away' can still send me into a binge.  So be gentle.
Title: Where the anime geeks at? DVD news
Post by: slink on September 18, 2003, 09:34:43 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
please.... no...

I'm a recovering anime geek... but something like 'spirited away' can still send me into a binge.  So be gentle.


Oh yes, of course, I forgot to put Spirited Away on the list there!
Mwahahahah!
Title: Where the anime geeks at? DVD news
Post by: FeeReep on September 19, 2003, 02:22:06 am
Quote
I remember reading about that a few weeks ago at AoD. Ninja Scroll TV is coming out soon as well.


Oh, its out, baby. The cheapest online price I've found for it and the movie is here (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=VMG011000).

I am a geek, but I am a thrifty geek.
Title: Where the anime geeks at? DVD news
Post by: jough on September 19, 2003, 05:21:59 am
DDD is a good company, although they're really slow to ship.

You can always check http://dvdpricesearch.com for the best price.

They rock So.fuck*ng.Hard.

Ye mateys.