The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: slink on September 18, 2006, 03:12:26 pm

Title: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: slink on September 18, 2006, 03:12:26 pm
Post on MeFi (http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/54849) about the new Mexican Magic Realism Camera, from HP. Even has references to Achewood in the comments...

What a terrifyingly depressing world we live in, anyhow.
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: V-Adore on September 18, 2006, 05:27:32 pm
Wow, that's hella fucked up. How complicated a concept is "I want photos to reflect the way I actually looked when the picture was taken, even if that was super-fat?"
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: theinevitable on September 18, 2006, 06:09:53 pm
One time a guy handed me a picture of himself, and he said, "Here's a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is of when you were younger. "Here's a picture of me when I am older." "You son of a bitch, how'd you do that? Let me see that camera."

[/hedberg]

Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: Doc on September 18, 2006, 10:58:10 pm
Man that is just horribly depressing.
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: theinevitable on September 19, 2006, 02:21:51 am
wow, I originally did not click on the link, and I thought you were saying that they had stolen the joke.

that is so sad for me.
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: Pimp_skitters on September 19, 2006, 09:06:07 pm
   I wonder if you can use the slimming process in reverse...
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: KeithHernandez on September 19, 2006, 09:18:44 pm
wow, just wow.
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: Roger on September 19, 2006, 11:32:17 pm
   I wonder if you can use the slimming process in reverse...

Well, according to the animation the "slimming" slider can go either way, so you can go all The Klumps on your loved ones.

Interesting how the examples feature only women.
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: theinevitable on September 20, 2006, 12:07:07 am
man, I would hell of use this feature to make myself less slim.
except, that's a lie. I would only do this in pictures I was sending my mother. I love being slender.
'cause... closer to the bone, sweeter is the meat... last slice of virginia ham is the best that you can eat
*dances off*
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: Doc on September 20, 2006, 12:42:08 am
Does anyone else want a filet de inevitable all of a sudden?
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: wombat on September 20, 2006, 01:57:12 am
Don't worry, Inev will grow up to be one of those guys who suddenly balloons out in middle age and, after a lifetime of eating whatever he wants, is stunned at what the rest of us have always had to worry about.  And we will have our revenge.
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: AugustWest on September 20, 2006, 02:05:16 am
And we will have our revenge.

I'm impatient.  I want my revenge now.

Let's pummel him with our fists.
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: theinevitable on September 20, 2006, 02:09:52 am
no way. I will be slender and hottt forever. the fact that any weight I gain goes directly to my Stomach is not a sign of anything.
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: Pimp_skitters on September 20, 2006, 04:27:57 am
  I would only do this in pictures I was sending my mother.

  Yes, mothers do tend to be paranoid of two things above else: that their child is cold or that their child is not getting enough to eat. I suspect it's a genetic hang over from the last ice age, when corpulent hyperthermia wasn't the major worry.

  I'm impatient.  I want my revenge now.

  Could you wait ten days? (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/Godzilla_violist/Skinny-1.jpg)
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: theinevitable on September 20, 2006, 04:52:38 am
my grandfather sent away for the Charles Atlas weight-gain program back in the day.
my dad ate a loaf of bread a day, if you combined all his sandwiches, toast, etc.
however, I have a birdlike appetite. so, hopefully I will be more OK than they.
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: V-Adore on September 20, 2006, 03:56:33 pm
Does anyone else want a filet de inevitable all of a sudden?

I have to admit that I wouldn't mind having Inev as a filet minion.

(Actually, I would, but I've been looking for an excuse to use "filet minion" in a sentence lately.)
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: theinevitable on September 20, 2006, 06:08:41 pm
me too. AGHHH MIÑION'D!
Title: Re: Well, probably made in China, not Mexico...
Post by: Roger on September 20, 2006, 06:42:16 pm
 Could you wait ten days? (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/Godzilla_violist/Skinny-1.jpg)

If it can also make me play bass like him (http://www.motoca.net/3xp4/entwistle_sell_out.jpg), sign me up.