The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Asherdan on September 22, 2006, 03:08:20 am

Title: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey c*ck, man!
Post by: Asherdan on September 22, 2006, 03:08:20 am
(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: FlipConstantine on September 22, 2006, 03:34:53 am
Bensington Butters doesn't know who mickey penis is???

get out of my country you islamofascist.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: theinevitable on September 22, 2006, 03:48:40 am
pretty funny.

kind of.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: Doc on September 22, 2006, 04:01:12 am
Needless backstory, but I'm down with that.

I just want to be the first person to say Scrappy sucks. Anyone who would name a dog after scrappy doo either hates that dog or hates life itself.
Come to that I'm not even big on scooby doo to begin with bu scrappy is whole 'nother level of nasty.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on September 22, 2006, 04:56:29 am
That's a great Gordon Gekko get-up. I knew who it was without the alt-text.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: V-Adore on September 22, 2006, 05:06:41 am
I love the implications of this strip -- the idea that the Syndicate apparently meets in costume, or at least with themes, despite it being like three guys. The idea that Bensington Butters, clearly an Important Person, has to call his mom to leave out water for his dogs, Scooby and Scrappy. The general seediness of the Syndicate constrasted with its pull in the world... nice. Very nice.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: isaacs_law on September 22, 2006, 05:43:45 am
What I like about this storyline is the previous strip's very newspaper-comicky feel (an excessively circuitous setup, in the service of a weird anticlimactic punchline full of excessive emphasis)...followed by this one, which just bloody-mindedly explains that setup and punchline, in incredible depth, to the point where it actually becomes funny. Neither strip really works without the other; together, they make you really admire Onstad's dedication to being a smart-ass.

I really dig this pedantic approach to humor, possibly because I am pedantic.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: CortJstr on September 22, 2006, 01:19:05 pm
Needless backstory, but I'm down with that.

I just want to be the first person to say Scrappy sucks. Anyone who would name a dog after scrappy doo either hates that dog or hates life itself.
Come to that I'm not even big on scooby doo to begin with bu scrappy is whole 'nother level of nasty.

http://www.bookofratings.com/scooby.html
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: nDed on September 22, 2006, 03:21:20 pm
I always thought Lore was a pretty cool dude until I heard what his voice sounds like. I mean, I still think he is awesome, but his voice sounds like he has a constant cold and it makes me uncomfortable about my nasal cavity.

Anyways, I think it's funny that Ray would rent out a Best Western convention hall when he could probably easily host this summit at his own house.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: CortJstr on September 22, 2006, 03:36:03 pm
I always thought Lore was a pretty cool dude until I heard what his voice sounds like. I mean, I still think he is awesome, but his voice sounds like he has a constant cold and it makes me uncomfortable about my nasal cavity.

Anyways, I think it's funny that Ray would rent out a Best Western convention hall when he could probably easily host this summit at his own house.

If you don't like his voice then you clearly need to stay the hell away from his Bandwidth Theatre and Bad Gods sites. Unless what you want is a shitting Jesus.

I was curious about the Best Western also. Are they slumming? They could obviously have their meeting at some swanky hotel or conference center if they wanted to.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: nDed on September 22, 2006, 06:30:38 pm
If you don't like his voice then you clearly need to stay the hell away from his Bandwidth Theatre and Bad Gods sites. Unless what you want is a shitting Jesus.

I was curious about the Best Western also. Are they slumming? They could obviously have their meeting at some swanky hotel or conference center if they wanted to.

I do stay away from those actually. Here's to hoping he goes to that voice acting class he was talking about (now I feel horrible about not liking Lore's voice).

I think Ray has a very specific definition of what a summit or convention is. To him, there is a particular modus operandi concerning such events and he'll be damned if he's going to against it.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: jaydub on September 22, 2006, 06:38:28 pm
That's a great Gordon Gekko get-up. I knew who it was without the alt-text.

Huh.  I just thought he was playing on Pat's team.

So does this imply that Mickey thinks Greed is Good?
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: V-Adore on September 22, 2006, 09:00:17 pm
I was curious about the Best Western also. Are they slumming? They could obviously have their meeting at some swanky hotel or conference center if they wanted to.

See, the impression I always got from the Syndicate guys is that, while they have ridiculous amounts of money to go around, they don't actually have that great a command of swankiness or class. The dudes are just like Ray, really: all flash and bling, but basically no substance underneath. They have their convention at Best Western because they don't know any better way.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: V-Adore on September 23, 2006, 02:49:57 am
V, in this case we are in complete accord.

You great big satan, you.

(Hugs!)

Thank you, dude. This may be the best birthday gift I've gotten all day.

... No, wait, the cookies were still better. Nonetheless!
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: Doc on September 23, 2006, 04:34:36 am
V has the right of it sure enough.
They think Best Western is a pretty fly pad.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: Bown on September 23, 2006, 07:42:59 am
Bensington going 'Oh yeah! "Mick." Love that dude. LOVE that dude." just makes this strip for me.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 24, 2006, 07:01:56 pm
for someone whose contract stipulates you must look into his eyes at all times, it is surely odd that bensington butters has only been seen wearing sunglasses.
Title: Re: 22-Sept-2006 - I'm Mickey penis, man!
Post by: V-Adore on September 24, 2006, 11:29:44 pm
for someone whose contract stipulates you must look into his eyes at all times, it is surely odd that bensington butters has only been seen wearing sunglasses.

That's probably the point. The only thing more unnerving than being forced to make eye contact with someone is being forced to attempt eye contact with someone wearing sunglasses or otherwise incapable of it -- it's a huge blow-off.