The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Limmo on September 18, 2003, 05:06:10 pm

Title: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! (09-18-03)
Post by: Limmo on September 18, 2003, 05:06:10 pm
I love this storyline.  Only Philippe would become an anarchist to do nice things for his mom.  

Well, OK, there was that one time I counterfeited enough fifties to get my mom a Geo Prizm.

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09182003).
Title: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
Post by: CortJstr on September 18, 2003, 05:40:20 pm
I love that Lyle changed into his theifin' outfit for this.
Title: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
Post by: V-Adore on September 18, 2003, 07:42:29 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
This great stuff, Philipe turning anarchy to good purpose.  I wonder if the Batman gear is not jammies after all...

The Dark Otter Returns?

I'm surprised Philippe's mom is so laissez-faire about it. She seems remarkably calm and happy that her son is being led down the primrose path of crime by an unwashed miscreant like Lyle. ... Of course, she's also pretty calm about Philippe living with Lyle and the others anyway, so this may not be strange at all.
Title: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
Post by: jough on September 18, 2003, 08:03:40 pm
Like Charlie Brown, Calvin, those Family Circus kids, etc., Philippe and the Achewood gang never age.

This is indeed a wonderful storyline, although I can't help but consider the possibilities of looking for santa claus back in 1882.
Title: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
Post by: Anarchy_Bowling on September 18, 2003, 11:30:21 pm
hehe, I love this story line. It makes me wistful for the ninth grade when my friends and I would gather around both volumes in the lunch room. The jiu-jitzu sections rawked hard.

I do wonder why Onstad didn't go further with the Santa bit.

**D'oh!  Posted with the wrong damn button like a moron.  It's my first day?  Sorry.
Title: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
Post by: FeeReep on September 19, 2003, 02:00:14 am
Damn, that was the funniest strip in a good while. I'm going to go wash some stamps now.
Title: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
Post by: jough on September 19, 2003, 04:55:29 am
Land ho!

The strip, educational she be as well.
Title: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
Post by: V-Adore on September 19, 2003, 05:10:01 am
Yarrgh, as I be the sort of scurvy lubber to not be half the anarchist that our young Philippe now is, I be asking: are any of the tips in them that strip functional? Avast, postage-stamp piracy off the starboard bow!
Title: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
Post by: revdj on September 19, 2003, 12:33:40 pm
I also be finding this storyline rum-soaked with hilarity.

This morning I be laughing - out loud like a beardless squab.
Title: Don't thank me, thank Anarchy! ( 18 September 2003 )
Post by: CortJstr on September 19, 2003, 05:32:00 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I love that Lyle changed into his theifin' outfit for this.


Now even Philippe has a theifin' outifit. Rock.