The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on September 26, 2006, 04:11:55 am

Title: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 26, 2006, 04:11:55 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09262006 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09262006)

Old riff coming to fruition out of nowhere? Check.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: ananke on September 26, 2006, 04:34:21 am
I was laughing loudly when he mentioned scraping the sticker off the camera. This strip delivered.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: AugustWest on September 26, 2006, 04:35:48 am
Old riff ...

Old?  If by old you mean something that happened more than one week ago, I guess the Magical Realism Camera qualifies.

Also, today's strip by Guest Artist Basil Exposition.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: linnea on September 26, 2006, 04:55:39 am
"Fed-Ex'd Shoney's" made me nearly pee myself with laughter. Classic. I love it.

Was there a thread here a while back about Mexican Realism cameras? And that HP makes one with a "slimming" feature now (http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/54849)?

ALSO: dammit, what am I doing wrong? Every time I try to use the "seach" feature on TOUAMB it never turns up anything (the search box that is at the top of the screen, right below the user icon). Even when I try to click "Advanced" it doesnt turn up anything. Which is why I keep reposting shit like my thread about Achewood merch even though we already discussed it back in January when the Onstads put up their notice that they would not make custom apparel anymore.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 26, 2006, 05:36:27 am
I was laughing loudly when he mentioned scraping the sticker off the camera. This strip delivered.

On the one hand, it's filler, but on the other hand, it accurately shows how real life is sidetracked by the mundane, and how the once novel becomes commonplace to the point of exasperation.

This is because life, in general, has a lot of filler.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: robot_god on September 26, 2006, 06:00:48 am
Badass strip, I think.  O must have been taking too much Benadryl.  Definitly a Benadryl strip.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: DanSC on September 26, 2006, 06:20:47 am
I was laughing loudly when he mentioned scraping the sticker off the camera. This strip delivered.

QFT

I <3 the mexican magical realism products.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: MrCB on September 26, 2006, 09:15:22 am
This strip is pure GOLD, thats right - GOLD motherfuckers.

The Mexican Camera help us to understand Bensington's Complex Psyche. He is from low class, but aspires to be high!

Actually, he seems to have much in common with Roast Beef. Doesn't it sound like Bensington is also form circumstances, that like Beef, he doesn't really know how to act in fancy surrounds and he gets all worked up about it.

Oh, and who else but Ray would wait for two hours at a loney crossroad for the light to turn green. Why didn't the dude just stone cold drive through it??
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: wombat on September 26, 2006, 12:46:24 pm
Just beautiful.  So worth getting up in the morning for.

You know, I hate my new cell phone. I should have gotten one of these instead.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: Drygioni on September 26, 2006, 03:45:52 pm
Wow, who'd have thought Onstad loved the Pet Shop Boys too? Man after my own heart, he is.

The strip? Pretty awesome. Hecho en Mexico is something that desperately needs implementing in day to day speech, though quite how I'd go about this without seeming like the webcomic equivalent of those guys who quote every single fuck*ng Monty Python sketch out of context is debatable. I just like the comic weight of each word.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: jaydub on September 26, 2006, 06:09:27 pm
QFT

I <3 the mexican magical realism products.

That is because, like the rest of the Internet, you're crazy for cat schlong.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: robot_god on September 26, 2006, 07:43:59 pm
Oh, and who else but Ray would wait for two hours at a loney crossroad for the light to turn green. Why didn't the dude just stone cold drive through it??


Exactly.



The tooth picker would have Ray's kidneys on eBay by sun-up.
Title: Re: 26 September 2006 - fifty miles past nowhere
Post by: theinevitable on September 26, 2006, 09:20:56 pm
this was beautiful by every sense of the word.

this made it worth it that I woke up my roommate with the clicker-clack of keyboard. if Achewood had sucked today, i definitely would have apologized. but as it is, it was brilliant. and he fell back asleep immediately. he didn't have anything to do today (or on any tuesday/thursday) until 1 pm. jerk.