The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on September 29, 2006, 01:25:42 am
-
This is a cool thing. It's on the front page of Fark at the moment, so they're probably getting horked on their bandwidth, but I'm interested in what the music lovers herein think of it.
The Shape of Song (http://www.turbulence.org/Works/song/index.html).
Check out the method (http://www.turbulence.org/Works/song/method/method.html) page too, which explains more clearly what you're seeing.
Some of my favorites have been A Brandenburg Concerto, Monk's Round Midnight and Freebird.
-
The Phillip Glass is pretty cool too.
-
Guess I'm the only one who thought it was cool. Oh well.
-
It's pretty interesting. I'm not getting any sound from it, though.
I'm not sure it's *useful* for analysing music, but the images it creates are pretty and is a good visual tool for demonstrating musical structure. I bet this site becomes hugely popular with music education classes.
-
It's pretty interesting. I'm not getting any sound from it, though.
I'm not sure it's *useful* for analysing music, but the images it creates are pretty and is a good visual tool for demonstrating musical structure. I bet this site becomes hugely popular with music education classes.
I think I'd bet against you. I really can't decide whether I like this or not, it looks interesting, but its method kind of ignores the most integral parts of song structure.
-
Came across this a while back via the Music Thing blog, only I can't try it out as I refuse to have Java on my machine.
I may take a look at it on my other machine which does, but Pro Tools, and fifteen other things, don't seem to get on well with Java (Which broke my friend graphics card the other day as well).