The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: abbaon on September 29, 2006, 08:32:16 am

Title: What should I say?
Post by: abbaon on September 29, 2006, 08:32:16 am
I don't want to post here, just read. But I can't use the search feature without registering, and I can't keep my account without posting. What do you usually say when you have nothing to say?
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: wombat on September 29, 2006, 11:39:27 am
You could ingratiate yourself by commenting on how witty and perceptive other people's posts are, I suppose.  That never hurts and doesn't take much thought.
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: V-Adore on September 29, 2006, 03:52:44 pm
Really, just chip in ever so often. "Great strip today" a few times a week will generally suffice to keep your account, and if you like it, you can jump in on other forums. No pressure; just something to think about.
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: side_show on September 29, 2006, 04:13:46 pm
Or if you want to make things really interesting, make a post about religion, racial issues or abortion, and then just sit back and watch us go, like water teeming with feeding sharks.  I mean, if you're here to watch, you might as well watch a serious show?  Now, if you can do that without being banned... that would be a feat!
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: jough on September 29, 2006, 04:14:37 pm
Actually, if you have nothing to say it's probably better you don't post.
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: AugustWest on September 29, 2006, 05:01:43 pm
Or if you want to make things really interesting, make a post about religion, racial issues or abortion,

Or worse yet, prescriptive grammar!
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: V-Adore on September 29, 2006, 05:32:08 pm
Or cat c*ckes. Everyone likes a thread about cat c*ckes! Optionally, giraffe placenta, but that's getting a bit elderly.
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: CortJstr on September 29, 2006, 05:47:41 pm
THIS IS A HUNT'S MOVE

For over a day now Ash has been scanning each post on the board waiting for his chance to bust out "this is a Hunt's move." Thanks for allowing him his release.
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: abbaon on September 30, 2006, 04:49:37 am
Actually, if you have nothing to say it's probably better you don't post.
I'm all about that action, but it's either this or finding the "faux dago" strip by rereading from the beginning. (For example.) Don't worry, I'll keep it unobtrusive from now on.
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: robot_god on September 30, 2006, 07:00:40 am
Well, you could also go to the Achewood archive (http://www.achewood.com/list.php), do that ctrl+f, and start taking stabs at the unadvertised strip titles, but it isn't a surefire way.  But it does work pretty well.
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: jough on September 30, 2006, 07:17:07 am
I think you'll be safe from the no-posting axe for now, dude.  Feel free to jump in any time, but otherwise enjoy the show, kick back, have a brewski.
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: Doc on September 30, 2006, 11:25:07 am
we have brewskies?
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: CortJstr on September 30, 2006, 02:27:17 pm
we have brewskies?

Of course we do, Jough is a classy host. Besides, didn't you bring a six with you anyway? Or some wine or at least some kind of appetizer?
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: Doc on September 30, 2006, 02:46:38 pm
damn oh just damn man i thought this was a formal do and bringing along apetizers and such would be hell of such as low and now i've just gone and ruined it for everyone.
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: V-Adore on October 01, 2006, 03:15:53 am
damn oh just damn man i thought this was a formal do and bringing along apetizers and such would be hell of such as low and now i've just gone and ruined it for everyone.

Nice going, Doc! Thanks to you, jough's gonna drive into a cornfield and die!
Title: Re: What should I say?
Post by: Doc on October 01, 2006, 05:00:25 am
Well he *does* have pretty awesome thighs.