The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on October 02, 2006, 05:19:49 am

Title: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: jough on October 02, 2006, 05:19:49 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10022006

Not a lot to talk about with this one, although it was interesting to see the real-life backgrounds in there, and the 'copter shedding itself as they got closer to their destination.

Are their legs shrinking or are they stuck like that?  I wasn't sure where the last panel was going.
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: theinevitable on October 02, 2006, 05:35:59 am
I really want that free t-shirt. damn.

also: this one was pretty strange.
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: mrchee on October 02, 2006, 05:59:03 am
I look forward to seeing benny fall flat on his ass.  Or his face -- there isnt much difference
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: talgkjertel on October 02, 2006, 07:52:51 am
I just saw Dead Man the other day, but I don't hear Neil Youngs electrical guitar drone in my head no more.
I should really download that soundtrack.
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: CortJstr on October 02, 2006, 01:28:26 pm
I'm actually not digging on the new shirt so much.

Presumably as they approach that building their legs will shrink.
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: mrdna1 on October 02, 2006, 01:58:36 pm
I don't know what's going on here, but I like it.
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: AugustWest on October 02, 2006, 02:33:22 pm
Pardon my cultural ignorance, but what the hell is the Dead Man Soundtrack?
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: ananke on October 02, 2006, 02:44:06 pm
Reminded me of Leisuretown. I had a good "what the _fuck_??" reaction though.
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: V-Adore on October 02, 2006, 03:55:19 pm
This is delightful. Still not up to the caliber of Cartilage Head, but this is a keeper nonetheless. The feeling that this is all being captured on some grimy, out-of-focus film is also fantastic.

ETA: Discussion of the shirt deal split off to its own thread. Y'all can find it; you're big kids.
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: Choop on October 02, 2006, 03:58:30 pm
found it (http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Man-Neil-Young/dp/B000005J5D)

google is my friend
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 02, 2006, 04:25:56 pm
That's some fucked-up shit, right there.
Title: Re: The Dead Man Soundtrack - 2 October 2006
Post by: linnea on October 06, 2006, 02:06:02 am
I really hated the background art in this one. It just seems wrong. Now I sound like a fanboy who is constantly squealing about how much change sucks, and how much better it was back in the day before they sold out. That is totally not the case. I am down with Onstad doing whatever the hell he wants to with this free comic that he puts on the web for free.