The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: yotayquiero on October 11, 2006, 11:24:17 am

Title: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: yotayquiero on October 11, 2006, 11:24:17 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10112006 (http://http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10112006)

So the "Edison" is not just a coincidence...  I still don't understand why he's cat-size.

And finally, Bensington may make a character of himself.



[Edited n00b's title and permalink -- Jough]
Title: Re: The round thighs of a laugher
Post by: dejavroom on October 11, 2006, 12:08:44 pm
Wow. I am really wowed. All the setup that seemed arbitrary and senseless just got brighter and brighter upon re-reading. One of the best arcs of the year, I think. 'Tsa pity the rest of the gang didn't join in.
Title: Re: The round thighs of a laugher
Post by: MattFish on October 11, 2006, 12:11:31 pm
LIKE A PERCH WITH A fuck*ng CRAMP

A PERCH WITH A CRAMP, PEOPLE
Title: Re: The round thighs of a laugher
Post by: mrchee on October 11, 2006, 12:20:11 pm
(http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e294/kingbiff/JUMPSASHARK.jpg)
Title: Re: The round thighs of a laugher
Post by: Choop on October 11, 2006, 12:27:41 pm
DATE IN THE TITLE

do you want jough to ban you or seriously.
Title: Re: The round thighs of a laugher
Post by: CortJstr on October 11, 2006, 01:05:39 pm
I'm not totally comfortable with the evil-levels in his expression while discussing tomato puree.
Title: Re: The round thighs of a laugher
Post by: robot_god on October 11, 2006, 02:11:31 pm
He must be the dude that made Cartilage Head's wine dispenser.  Perhaps he has some cartilage people in the warehouse.
Title: Re: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: V-Adore on October 11, 2006, 02:41:59 pm
The real question: will the ketchup be Hunt's?

Also, if Bensington fell in the magical-realism cotton-candy-dream machine (not pictured), I will laugh.
Title: Re: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: jough on October 11, 2006, 02:50:59 pm
The little cat-sized dud's Casperness is somewhat interesting.  It is unfortunate that Onstad has written dialogue for him.
Title: Re: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: derelictsound on October 11, 2006, 04:24:54 pm
I really enjoy the design for Lonis (we still don't have an explanation for the fuzzy "Casperness" yet, do we?), but I'm mostly bored with this arc and dialog.  Even Todd was unfunny :(

Wait... I am grinning at "waiting for a haircut to hear the latest songs," and our title phrase.
Title: Re: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 11, 2006, 05:01:04 pm
Quote from: yotayquiero
So the "Edison" is not just a coincidence...  I still don't understand why he's cat-size.

Probably because he, himself, either is magical-realistic himself or has become imbued with magical-realistic traits by osmosis.

Meaning, he's going to be at the height that Ray and Benniebenniebenben perceive an equal to be.

I mean, he's probably the dead inventor that used to make these items and... the devices created a new him to replace him upon his death but this new him is incomplete/magical due to his simulated nature or... there's no inventor at all but the magical realism of the self-created factory has created the inventor that Ray and Ben would think to be behind such an endeavour.

I'm just saying, a psychic projection of what two very rich cats think an insane inventor would be like... or... the magical recreation of what a collection of inventions remember of their inventor... either way, it would probably scale itself to whatever sentient beings were around to interact with.

It's like Frank Zappa said, imaginary guitar notes and imaginary vocals exist only in the imagination of the imaginer.

That or I've just read too many Philip K Dick novels.
Title: Re: The round thighs of a laugher
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 11, 2006, 07:44:47 pm
(http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e294/kingbiff/JUMPSASHARK.jpg)

(http://mike.13th-floor.org/onstad-shark.gif)
Title: Re: The round thighs of a laugher
Post by: MattFish on October 11, 2006, 09:55:30 pm
(http://mike.13th-floor.org/onstad-shark.gif)

Onstad is rather jaundiced today
Title: Re: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: MSC on October 11, 2006, 10:35:05 pm
Excellent barbershop quartet reference. 

Excellent strip.  A++++++  Would def. read again!
Title: Re: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: Ben-San on October 11, 2006, 11:15:15 pm
A year from now, I will not stumble across this comic in the archives and go "That one was great! How did I forget it existed?" as I recently did with Ray's whiskey sampler (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10212005). Nonetheless, this strip entertains and continues to move forward an entertaining plot. It will do.
Title: Re: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 12, 2006, 12:44:58 am
Quote from: MSC
Excellent barbershop quartet reference. 

Excellent strip.  A++++++  Would def. read again!

All things done in life should generate an eBay-style rating. Even sex.

...especially sex.
Title: Re: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 19, 2006, 07:57:45 pm
So the "Edison" is not just a coincidence...  I still don't understand why he's cat-size.

Nightlife Mingus was cat-size because he was a cat. But cool and Mingus-like. Maybe this is a descendant of Edison's cat.
Title: Re: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: AugustWest on October 19, 2006, 08:40:11 pm
Nightlife Mingus was cat-size because he was a cat. But cool and Mingus-like. Maybe this is a descendant of Edison's cat.

Nightlife Mingus was an actual, historical cat.  See section 3. (http://www.mingusmingusmingus.com/Mingus/cat_training.html)
Title: Re: The Round Thighs of a Laugher - 11 October 2006
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 20, 2006, 03:06:13 am
Nightlife Mingus was an actual, historical cat.  See section 3. (http://www.mingusmingusmingus.com/Mingus/cat_training.html)

Point being, he was a cat. I posit that Lonus Edison is a descendent of Edison's cat and that is why he is cat sized.