The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jough on October 11, 2006, 10:47:50 pm

Title: Corinne Bailey Rae
Post by: jough on October 11, 2006, 10:47:50 pm
I had never heard of her prior to her being the musical guest on SNL this weekend, but I got her album and haven't enjoyed a new album as much in ages.

If you like sexy girl jazz I highly recommend her debut album.

Good stuff.
Title: Re: Corinne Bailey Rae
Post by: side_show on October 12, 2006, 01:33:03 am
I'm going to check her out.

Also, in the realm of songstresses, everyone should check out Regina Spektor  (http://www.reginaspektor.com/index2.html) if you haven't already.  I've been hooked on her for quite some time now.  With influences like Ella Fitzgerald, Chopin mixed with a little punk, she's pretty amazing.  Her earlier albums 11:11 and Songs are more jazz influenced (and not as developed), Soviet Kitsch and Begin to Hope are stronger and add a layer of anti-folk. 

Also, jough, she's in Chicago 10/15/06 @ Park West, and apparently her live shows are amazing.  There's lots of her live stuff on YouTube, and it's phenomenal.  I will die of jealousy if you get to see her. 

She's on a cross US tour right now, so check her out if you can!
Title: Re: Corinne Bailey Rae
Post by: pmcd9 on October 12, 2006, 02:37:53 am
Fo Sho, Regina Specktor is great.

~Paul