The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: guns and cigarettes on October 17, 2006, 04:03:57 am

Title: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: guns and cigarettes on October 17, 2006, 04:03:57 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10172006

To me, this is a nice finish to this arc. Bensington is exposed for his low tastes and we learn more about magic Mexican realism.

I love you.
Title: October 17th, 2006: Dammit, Hockawock!
Post by: Beatrice on October 17, 2006, 04:08:48 am
I love where this ended up.  In the corner, with the know-thy-death ketchup.  Damn that stuff is tacky!
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: Beatrice on October 17, 2006, 04:11:13 am
crap! somebody please delete my redundancy, though I swear I never saw this one!
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2006, 04:30:17 am
I googled hockawock.  I got nothing.

~Paul
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: theinevitable on October 17, 2006, 05:03:28 am
huh. this one has some good concepts.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: V-Adore on October 17, 2006, 05:28:51 am
Even if I had not already loved this arc, the plaintive little hematite going "awooo" would have won me over. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: mrchee on October 17, 2006, 07:09:00 am
It's "Morris" Glass

Not "Morriss"
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: DanSC on October 17, 2006, 08:44:30 am
The Paganini in the link is perfect.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: Teldin on October 17, 2006, 12:21:29 pm
The best thing about this strip is the tiny little 'awooooo'.

Oh baying hematite, I love you!
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: innes on October 17, 2006, 01:01:21 pm
So Edison was trying to make ketchup that bestows a feeling of melancholy?
I wouldn't buy that product. I need my condiments to be uplifting and life-affirming.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: MattFish on October 17, 2006, 01:39:16 pm
What exactly would you call this form of old timey science...converting a substance through proximity to certain rare minerals, yet not combining them...it's not alchemy, what is it?

and yes, awooooo is the best part.

Much love for the Singapore Sling, by the way. The drink with a million forgotten ingredients and Cherry Heering.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: wombat on October 17, 2006, 02:16:01 pm
No! They have to go? We just got here!
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: Drygioni on October 17, 2006, 04:37:27 pm
Paganini On A Six String (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98y0Q7nLGWk)

Can anyone tell me why Florida people are likely to consume amounts of Hunt's?
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 17, 2006, 09:35:47 pm
Quote from: JudyIsADickSlap
Can anyone tell me why Florida people are likely to consume amounts of Hunt's?

If you'd ever been to Florida, you'd know.

Everything there is a total Hunt's move.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2006, 10:29:35 pm
Daayum.

~Paul
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: robot_god on October 17, 2006, 10:52:31 pm
Can anyone tell me why Florida people are likely to consume amounts of Hunt's?

It's where mildly retarted Americans go to die.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: MattFish on October 18, 2006, 03:41:06 am
It's where mildly retarted Americans go to die.

And the retarded ones too. And that's where they're born. From the ashes. Because they burn to death.

I'm itching for a Singapore Sling now. But I don't have a bottle of Heering OR Benedictine. And buying both of them at once is kind of a lot of money.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: dejavroom on October 18, 2006, 12:30:01 pm
what is "dammit, hockawock" supposed to mean?
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: AugustWest on October 18, 2006, 01:22:40 pm
B.B.'s real name is Jimmy "Darnell" Hockawock.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: Limmo on October 18, 2006, 03:21:27 pm
I'm pretty meh about this whole storyline, and yet this morning's "strip and whatnot return Thursday" really pissed me off for some reason.  I should be used to Onstad skipping days by now, shouldn't I? 

"Such lousy food...and such small portions."
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: dejavroom on October 18, 2006, 04:28:31 pm
B.B.'s real name is Jimmy "Darnell" Hockawock.

Oh thanks August ^^
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: theinevitable on October 18, 2006, 06:16:52 pm
for a second I thought you meant Mr BB King, and I was about to say "well, what the hell does that mean, then?"
and then I figured that you meant The Benzo
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 18, 2006, 11:35:12 pm
Quote from: Mattgiraffe
And the retarded ones too. And that's where they're born. From the ashes. Because they burn to death.

A good rule of thumb is an direct relation between Stuckey's/Cracker-Barrel proximity and Hunt's consumption.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: theinevitable on October 18, 2006, 11:41:36 pm
dude, Cracker Barrels are Everywhere.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: CortJstr on October 19, 2006, 12:00:35 am
I remember seeing a commerical growing up talking about how Hunt's was the "official ketchup" of some amusement park or other and it was all they served. But now I cannot for the life of me remember which one.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 19, 2006, 04:46:05 am
Quote from: theinevitable
dude, Cracker Barrels are Everywhere.

Oh, it's a localized event. Five mile radius, at best.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: Drastic Action on October 19, 2006, 05:42:22 am
There are apparently very few cracker barrels in new jersey.  I always associate them with car trips, because if I go on a car trip of a decent length, yes, they are everywhere.  Just somehow, not anywhere near where I ever live.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: Apemantus on October 19, 2006, 11:02:34 am
Knowing the time of his death is the god of Dramatic Irony gently slapping young Master Butters around the face for this stupid prank: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09082006 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09082006)
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 19, 2006, 07:33:47 pm
dude, Cracker Barrels are Everywhere.
There are none here.

Also, they should change their name. Because I think a Black person would expect to get treated bad ina place with Cracker in the name.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 19, 2006, 08:51:48 pm
There are none here.

Also, they should change their name. Because I think a Black person would expect to get treated bad ina place with Cracker in the name.

I think that's the point.

~Paul
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 19, 2006, 10:19:15 pm
Quote from: pmcd9
I think that's the point.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/18/chrisrockmom.discrimin.ap/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/18/chrisrockmom.discrimin.ap/index.html)

A total Hunt's move.
Title: Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
Post by: Beatrice on October 20, 2006, 12:27:10 am
i would ask why she'd want to go there in the first place, but i guess if her pancakes are worth years in court, then go right ahead.