The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Mr Trout on October 18, 2006, 08:42:54 pm

Title: Beef as a gourd
Post by: Mr Trout on October 18, 2006, 08:42:54 pm
I decided to try and get into the holiday spirit with my family over the weekend and this is what I came up with:

Beef in the light: http://eyemaginations.com/download/misc/Beef-pumpkin01.jpg
Beef in the dark (natural habitat): http://eyemaginations.com/download/misc/Beef-pumpkin02.jpg

It was tough to get a good shot with my somewhat-crappy camera, so I apologize for the poor quality (especially the dark shot). I figured you guys would want to see this regardless.

I'm pretty pleased with how he turned out. If I was to do it over, I probably would have picked a better picture - perhaps of multiple characters. I may get another pumkin this weekend to try this with.

I thought I had remembered another achewood pumkin carving  a couple years ago. I tried looking for it but didn't come up with anything. Anyone else remember that?
Title: Re: Beef as a gourd
Post by: Drygioni on October 18, 2006, 08:48:32 pm
That's fab! Good show, mate.

If anyone is willing to devote the time or resource, how awesome would a cast shot of the Achewood characters be in pumpkin form?
Title: Re: Beef as a gourd
Post by: robot_god on October 18, 2006, 09:19:14 pm
how awesome would a cast shot of the Achewood characters be in pumpkin form?

Probably be the saddest thing.
Title: Re: Beef as a gourd
Post by: theinevitable on October 18, 2006, 11:43:14 pm
wow, I had to stare at that for way too long to find Beef. I was seeing his jowls as eyes, and thinking "wow, this guy really sucks. is everyone being nice, or what?" And then I noticed the top of his head.

good show.
Title: Re: Beef as a gourd
Post by: wombat on October 19, 2006, 01:05:45 am
Very nice. I am jealous - whatever I do with my pumpkins this year will be a disappointment in comparison.
Title: Re: Beef as a gourd
Post by: vivouk on October 29, 2006, 07:51:05 pm
That is absolutely amazing.
Title: Re: Beef as a gourd
Post by: linnea on October 30, 2006, 02:32:18 am
Like theinev, I had trouble seeing it when I looked at the Daytime shot. The evening shot is awesome. Good show!