The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: dejavroom on October 24, 2006, 11:00:20 am

Title: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: dejavroom on October 24, 2006, 11:00:20 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10242006 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10242006)

Er... hat trick?
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: innes on October 24, 2006, 11:05:42 am
Lyle is pleased that he has done all three bachelor acts (three = a hat trick).

Boaking in the dishwasher - has the smell of an act invented solely to make hat-trickability possible.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: MrCB on October 24, 2006, 11:53:36 am
Boaking in the dishwasher - has the smell of an act invented solely to make hat-trickability possible.

I'll think you'll find thats Puking in the dishwasher... entirely more plausable
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: theauthors on October 24, 2006, 12:38:55 pm
:::bass slide:::
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: CortJstr on October 24, 2006, 01:12:13 pm
Lyle is awake before noon?
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: wombat on October 24, 2006, 01:25:59 pm
I never realized I had to worry about guys barfing in the dishwasher.  Education, I guess.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: Bimmicus on October 24, 2006, 02:06:16 pm
I yam feeling cornfused and discombobulated by the sudden return of punchlines to the comic strip.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: colmore on October 24, 2006, 03:18:30 pm
During my freshman year at college, someone puked in one of the urinals on our floor.  Of course, this happened on thursday, and (monday being a holiday) janitorial staff wouldn't be back to the hall until tuesday.  And of course, our RA wasn't going to touch that nastiness, and the guilty party (if they were even from our floor) never revealed him or herself.  Needless to say, after 5 days, it was pretty rancid.

Some people will puke anywhere.

Oh and yeah, I got the hell out of the dorms my Sophomore year.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: AugustWest on October 24, 2006, 03:23:13 pm
Huzzah!
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: jaydub on October 24, 2006, 04:46:41 pm
Lyle is pleased that he has done all three bachelor acts (three = a hat trick).

Boaking in the dishwasher - has the smell of an act invented solely to make hat-trickability possible.

Agreed.  Puking in the ficus is more plausible.  Dishwashers have those wire baskety things that get in the way.  You wouldn't want to catch an eye on those.
Houseplants however, are almost always accessible, and there's the moral justification that you're fertilizing them.  At least, that's what goes through my mind at such times.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: Bimmicus on October 24, 2006, 04:49:36 pm
Oh, and I suppose you've never passed out on the kitchen floor while going for that not-quite-last beer?

Well, okay, maybe you haven't.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 24, 2006, 05:14:45 pm
Soon, you guys will be telling me that you never... in college, vomited in the shower on a friend's dorm floor as a wacky weekend prank or... pissed in their dorm floor's sink as a weekend prank or... ran around drunk on cheap rum, in goggles and a Mets bedsheet, claiming to be a superhero.

Soon, you guys will all be lying, is what I'm saying.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: jay-ell on October 24, 2006, 06:48:21 pm
Soon, you guys will be telling me that you never... in college, vomited in the shower on a friend's dorm floor as a wacky weekend prank or... pissed in their dorm floor's sink as a weekend prank or... ran around drunk on cheap rum, in goggles and a Mets bedsheet, claiming to be a superhero.

Soon, you guys will all be lying, is what I'm saying.


I lived with my parents all through college.  So I never did that shit. 

I sure wish Mom hadn't, either. 
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: robot_god on October 24, 2006, 08:30:32 pm
pissed in their. . . sink as a weekend prank

Nah, never as a prank.

Jus' straight up sink pissin'.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: ryanpeq on October 24, 2006, 08:38:11 pm
I puked in the sink a few days ago so I feel that Lyle and I share a kinship now
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: V-Adore on October 24, 2006, 08:41:14 pm
It's been a long time since I puked anywhere besides the toilet, and for any reason other than food poisoning. I'm kinda happy about that. (Not so happy about food poisoning as a general rule, but, y'know.)
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: jay-ell on October 24, 2006, 08:43:34 pm
It occured to me that people from places where North American ice hockey isn't well-known might not know the term "hat trick." 

Then I looked it up in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat_trick) and discovered that it was originally a cricket thing, but it's spread to hockey, football/soccer, rugby, and Nascar. 

Huh. 
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: side_show on October 24, 2006, 10:00:27 pm
Back in my Catholic school days, I remember being really sick and running to the bathroom, reaching the sink, and vomiting copiously.  Then my French teacher/nun, who's office was beside the bathroom started yelling at me for not vomiting in the toilet and I was crying and trying to explain that I couldn't make it.  It's a perfect episode of Catholic guilt.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: theinevitable on October 24, 2006, 10:45:41 pm
man, sometimes I really want to take out some Hate on those nuns. The fact that they have managed to ruin all the good associations formerly present with nuns (chaste, friendly, pious, insert Sister Act joke) by the whole Catholic School thing is pretty upsetting.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: smick on October 25, 2006, 12:13:31 am
man, sometimes I really want to take out some Hate on those nuns. The fact that they have managed to ruin all the good associations formerly present with nuns (chaste, friendly, pious, insert Sister Act joke) by the whole Catholic School thing is pretty upsetting.

I went to catholic school for one year as a secular child.  Being new to religion, as I was, they had some scary things to tell me.

At the end of the year we moved, and I started my second year of schooling in a public school.   So now, as an adult, the only associations I have with nuns involve pictures on the internet.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 25, 2006, 12:34:43 am
As a child, it was assumed I'd go to the Catholic elementary my mom went to (there was no Catholic high school in my town, only a K-6) and so I went to that school's associated pre-school. Though I have little memory of this, I was thrown and locked in a closet by a nun once for wanting to play instead of taking a nap... and that was the end of Catholic school for me. My parents yanked me out quickly, after that.

I sometimes wonder if that's why I've always been a little claustrophobic.

As it stands, one of my favourite Beatles stories involves John Lennon, drunk on a roof, pissing on nuns passing by, yelling "It's Raining, Nunnies!" That was one awesome dude, is all I'm saying.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: side_show on October 25, 2006, 02:25:51 am
Oh, I didn't mean to start up a "why we hate nuns thing."  I actually had plenty of really positive experiences with nuns, especially Sister Regina, the librarian who taught me to love books, and Sister McSweany who was very compasionate to me when I had pneumonia in grade three.  I always loved visiting the convent - it was so peaceful and mysterious.  I remember they would always make us lemonade as a special treat.  Basically, it was just the one nun who was a bitch.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 25, 2006, 04:26:07 am
Quote from: side_show
Oh, I didn't mean to start up a "why we hate nuns thing."

I was just tryin' to bring the thread back full-circle...

Piss to nuns and all the way back to pissing on nuns.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: robot_god on October 25, 2006, 05:13:20 am
My catholic school was a cheap shack of lies from grades K-8, and the most horrendous offense against youth they committed was forcing the 8th graders to be "lunch monitors" for the rest of the grades K-6.

Jesus Christ, did these little bastards throw up like it was a deleted scene from the Excorcist.





I don't know how I was able to tolerate those terrible, pathetic children.   I wished they would just melt into liquid and rush down a drain somewhere.
Title: Re: 24 October 2006 - Wow, hat trick!
Post by: AugustWest on October 25, 2006, 05:30:26 am
I didn't go to Catholic school, but Mrs. West did, K-12.  She's never told me any real horror stories.  Sorry.

They did do a pretty cool thing, though.  They had a grade school reunion.  Great idea (I'd love to see the folks from Morningside Elementary...) if a little boring for us spouses.  I did get to meet Mark Lamping, President of the St. Louis Cardinals (who just won game 3 of the dang ol' World Series tonight.) because Mrs. West knew him from small times.