The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: jough on October 28, 2006, 08:41:12 pm
-
Don't forget to set your clocks one hour ahead tonight at 2AM (technically Sunday morning) because Daylight Saving Time is ending.
Remember: Spring Back, Fall Forward
-
Excuse me, sir, but you are dreadfully incorrect.
I do believe the correct term is "Daylight's Savings" time.
-
::weeps::
-
The little button on my alarm clock is busted. I am already an hour ahead and I can't get it back. Tomorrow i'll be two hours ahead. The clock on the wall over the refrigerator is already set. I never got moved forward because, you know. Now it'll be right again.
~Paul
-
I do believe the correct term is "Daylight's Savings" time.
We talked about this (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2692.msg61016.html#msg61016).
-
I always hate this time of year, when we lose an hour by falling forward.
I'm looking forward to getting that extra hour of sleep next spring.
-
Y'know what I realized Sunday morning while heading out for deer?
That dangity dang ol' son doesn't give a rats ass what time we call it, it's gonna rise when it's gonna rise.
That's what you get for basing yourself around a mass of incandescent gas with an ego. All the years of sun worship, not to mention associations with Helios and Apollo have made the sun all full of itself. And you think naming it "Sol" helped any? The last thing it needed was to feel all special because it had a name. You don't have these problems with a nice reliable caesium-133 atom. Sure it might not be "TV pretty" but it gets the job done!
-
Same with the dogs. No daylight saving time for pugs.
Actually, come to think of it, my tummy alarm hasn't caught up yet either.
-
Same with the dogs. No daylight saving time for pugs.
Actually, come to think of it, my tummy alarm hasn't caught up yet either.
WARNING WARNING! Incoming tummies detected. Set Condition One throughout the ship.
-
Dear George Dubaya Bush,
Thank you for fuck*ng up the clocks on every pre-programed time-telling device in my home by changing daylight saving time to the second Sunday in November as of 2007.
Your's truly,
Melanie
-
Dear George Dubaya Bush,
Thank you for fuck*ng up the clocks on every pre-programed time-telling device in my home by changing daylight saving time to the second Sunday in November as of 2007.
Your's truly,
Melanie
Wait, I'm confused. Shouldn't you be blaming the Canadian government?
-
Yeah, I don't think W controls time yet.
-
Wombat's blame is placed correctly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005
We'll be going onto DST sooner next year (2 weeks earlier, putting it in March, instead of April, and going off of it 2 weeks later).
This should cause minor annoyance next year as your automagical clocks won't reflect the time changes at the appropriate times.
-
Wombat...blames... the pugs.
-
If there is going to be confusion, I am honored to be confused with Smells.
-
That's what you get for counting your chickens before they've hatched.
~Paul
-
Wait, we still haven't answered the question of why this affects Smells in the first place. Does Canada just helplessly go along with whatever we decide about the time change?
-
Yeah, it the parliamentary "debate" over changing our Daylight Savings day to match the US date was aired on every news station and was pitiful. One party was all, "we agree that it's a good idea, and we basically have no choice," The other three were like "we think it's a pointless and stupid idea, but we basically have no choice." Considering the amount of business interchange between our countries, it would've been a pointless exercise in nose thumbing to not change, and besides, Steven Harper basically has his mouth on Dubaya's cock all the time. Seriously... this is the reason you rarely see Dubaya from the waist down since Harper got elected. what I'm basically telling you is our Prime Minister is giving mouth love to your President.
Then again, I doubt any Prime Minster would be able to argue against adjusting our time to match the U.S.. ...Unless the bones of Trudeaux suddenly rose up. Man, now I totally want Zombie Trudeax as Prime Minister. That would rock.
-
Isn't receiving mouth sex impeachable? Is that how we're finally going to get Dubya gone?
-
Impeachable but not convictable, if we go by prior record.
Mouth love - Friggin' awesome
-
dude, it is W after all. and this Harper is a dude. so, like, they would un-elect him.
a-so: we learned that the word "fellatio" comes from the latin verb which means "to milk" as in... a cow. Goodness gracious me.
-
dude, it is W after all. and this Harper is a dude. so, like, they would un-elect him.
a-so: we learned that the word "fellatio" comes from the latin verb which means "to milk" as in... a cow. Goodness gracious me.
What, the professor didn't also cover cunnilingus? Typical.
-
no, I learned this through... independent study?
in my friend's room? Um?
yeah, we were doing latin homework and I opened the dictionary, only to find that word. basically.
-
Oh totally Trudeaux was cool. He hung out at Studio 54, had a hot wife, was friends with the Stones.
Zombie Trudeaux is an awesome idea. He's a leader for our times.
~Paul
-
What, the professor didn't also cover cunnilingus? Typical.
I always thought the etymological roots of cunnilingus were so obvious as to not merit explaining. The first time I heard the word I knew what it was by its roots.