The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Undertoad on October 30, 2006, 01:19:14 am

Title: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: Undertoad on October 30, 2006, 01:19:14 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10302006

This is completely a character piece, and maybe a relief from the rather heavy previous story arc.  Philippe's child of imagination and wonderment cast against Cornelius' refined adult intellectual.

What makes a chicken cooler to fellow chickens by breaking the species barrier, as opposed to dogs?

And er, ah, isn't it the rooster that, uh...?
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: Alternate on October 30, 2006, 01:56:08 am
It's not that interspecies mating is cool for chickens and not for dogs, it's that the chicken would be jumping ranks, while the dog would be stooping to a lower level.  It's like how when a dog mates with a human the human is shunned by her peers and the dog's friends consider him quite the fellow. 
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: wombat on October 30, 2006, 02:21:45 am
Much as I hate to disagree with Philippe, I am not sure that the non-biteyness of a chicken's head is really an improvement.  Birds strike me as rather pointy and unpleasant in the head area on the whole.  And don't forget this important safety tip. (http://www.hingos.com/patches/safety/safetybirdbite.gif)
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: V-Adore on October 30, 2006, 03:10:28 am
I like the phrase "an incipient soup of malformed organs and translucent bones," personally. It conjures such as Images.

Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: theinevitable on October 30, 2006, 03:11:57 am
just now, I yelled out "oh god, that is so unfortunate!" and my roommate, well, I was afraid to look to see what face he was making at me.

this was pretty good.
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: CortJstr on October 30, 2006, 03:29:47 am
Philippe should stick to 3/4 views
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 30, 2006, 04:56:47 am
I dunno, I found his full-on facial shot to be...

Endearingly hopeful, really.

All the more hope for the rest of the cast to crush and, hence, all the more funny to we the reader.
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: melack on October 30, 2006, 05:31:23 am
I'm a little more concerned with the reverse shot of Phillipe rather than the fully-forwards shot. It makes his nose look gigantic. What was once a precious little otter nose now looks fully Ronald McDonald-esque from this angle.
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: Drygioni on October 30, 2006, 04:25:04 pm
A farmer must get three items across the river: a dog, a chicken and a bag of grain. How do we solve it? We mate the chicken and the dog. The resulting offspring, while possessing the useful features of a dog, cannot eat itself or the chicken and detests grain. Drown the dog. The farmer can take the items across at his leisure.

Phillipe should have been more upset in that last panel, really. When is the last time he cried? Not recently enough.
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: Roger on October 30, 2006, 07:26:12 pm
"The 'I don't want to cook that'-ness of a dog's body"?
Poor Philippe's in for a shock when he learns about the eating habits of the Chinese.
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: Fooker on October 30, 2006, 07:30:36 pm
It's like how when a dog mates with a human the human is shunned by her peers and the dog's friends consider him quite the fellow. 

Do you have video footage of this?  :-X
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: Alternate on October 30, 2006, 07:51:30 pm
Do you have video footage of this?  :-X

Yeah, I do.  Except I taped over the mating part, so it's just a video of a human staying home on prom night while her dogs give each other high fives. 
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: jaydub on October 30, 2006, 11:06:07 pm
Yeah, I do.  Except I taped over the mating part, so it's just a video of a human staying home on prom night while her dogs give each other high fives. 

I bestow a tiny can upon your wit with my newfound powers (may they always be used for good, and not evil).
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: Ben-San on October 30, 2006, 11:45:21 pm
I like the way Cornelius treats Philippe here: he answers the questions in a serious tone and treats him at least as respectfully as he does Ray. This is the way a Gentleman and a Five-Year-Old converse.
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: AugustWest on October 31, 2006, 01:37:35 am
I like the way Cornelius treats Philippe here: he answers the questions in a serious tone and treats him at least as respectfully as he does Ray. This is the way a Gentleman and a Five-Year-Old converse.

Either that or it indicates something about Mr. Bear's opinion of Ray's maturity level.
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: Ben-San on October 31, 2006, 05:31:11 am
Either that or it indicates something about Mr. Bear's opinion of Ray's maturity level.

The implication is towards both. He is a gentleman towards those that got not much age and those that got not much sense at all.
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: Beatrice on October 31, 2006, 05:54:48 pm
Much as I hate to disagree with Philippe, I am not sure that the non-biteyness of a chicken's head is really an improvement.  Birds strike me as rather pointy and unpleasant in the head area on the whole.  And don't forget this important safety tip. (http://www.hingos.com/patches/safety/safetybirdbite.gif)

i just had to go ahead and post that to a good friend who is terrified of birds eating him.  thank you!
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: mtarquin on November 02, 2006, 08:18:46 am
"The 'I don't want to cook that'-ness of a dog's body"?
Poor Philippe's in for a shock when he learns about the eating habits of the Chinese.

I think the dogcken would be in even more trouble if it had chicken's feet, because then pretty much the entire animal would be perfect for consumption by Chinese. Two styles of chicken feet, five styles of dog, plus extra dishes on the side. Truly a full out banquet.
Title: Re: 30 October 2006 - What would happen if a chicken mated with a dog
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 03, 2006, 03:10:21 am
(http://www.bigfool.com/huuugs/dogcken.jpg)