The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: guns and cigarettes on October 31, 2006, 04:57:03 am

Title: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: guns and cigarettes on October 31, 2006, 04:57:03 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10312006

I think that this is just 9 kinds of classic Achewood one-off. Such a perverse suggestion, that one must have his eyes directly looked in to in order to pee. This is what I love about Achewood.




Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: mrdna1 on October 31, 2006, 05:09:55 am
this is one of the most oddly disturbing yet silliest strips I've seen in a while.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: theinevitable on October 31, 2006, 05:29:06 am
he is doing that noise that some people can make with their mouth. awesome. I love that noise.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: V-Adore on October 31, 2006, 05:38:22 am
Plus, the idea that failure to urinate will cause urine to rise into the heart and make it overheat. So that's how Tycho Brahe died!
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 31, 2006, 06:14:19 am
Girls can go to the bathroom together because there's so little chance of accidentally seeing each other "going" as per the sitting down in personal stalls to do anything... plus, if it does happen, the accident is hot.

Two dudes, it's both a lot more likely something will be seen... and that thing will be a dude peeing.

Much less hot.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: AugustWest on October 31, 2006, 06:41:16 am
I am favorably impressed by this strip.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: innes on October 31, 2006, 01:24:13 pm
If a talking cat pisses in a urinal and no-one is looking in his eyes - did it really happen?
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: smick on October 31, 2006, 03:14:03 pm
That Ray, such a cool cat.

Most cats I seen get pretty intense when they pee, all thinkin of that far away land.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: Beatrice on October 31, 2006, 05:52:16 pm
i don't "get it."
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: jough on October 31, 2006, 08:16:02 pm
i don't "get it."

The cat with glasses is asking the other cat at the next urinal to look at him so that he will achieve the psychological state he requires to urinate, thus reversing the stereotypical phobia that causes many men to not be able to achieve urination when another man is looking at them due to repressed homosexual urges.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: pmcd9 on October 31, 2006, 08:49:17 pm
Beatrice has never heard of pee shy before, how cute.

~Paul
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: wombat on October 31, 2006, 09:24:06 pm
Did you ever wonder if everyone who posts here is out of their mind?

No, no, of course not, me neither.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: smick on October 31, 2006, 09:26:12 pm
Well, we are a group of people wherein something about line art of cartoon cats peeing really resonates with us.

edit: *Punctuation!*
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: gearnest on October 31, 2006, 09:34:23 pm
I liked the strip, but this comment made me laugh out loud!!!

That Ray, such a cool cat.

Most cats I seen get pretty intense when they pee, all thinkin of that far away land.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: theinevitable on October 31, 2006, 10:30:46 pm
dude, Jough, that is not how I saw it at all. The fact that Roast Beef laughs and says "how do you get it to do that, all Drip" and the face ray makes indicates that this is a joke. he is making that noise that people make with their mouth-- where they do a weird thing with their tongue, and it makes a dripping noise. you know?

I demand my satisfaction.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: Alternate on October 31, 2006, 11:23:18 pm
I am creeped out by not seeing Beef's face in this strip.  Which I guess is Ray's problem, too. 

The fact that Roast Beef laughs and says "how do you get it to do that, all Drip" and the face ray makes indicates that this is a joke. he is making that noise that people make with their mouth-- where they do a weird thing with their tongue, and it makes a dripping noise. you know?

I agree that it's a joke -- other evidence includes Beef referring to it as a "shenanigan," Ray's "I'm serious this time," Ray's exultation at having made Beef smile/laugh, and the alt text describing it as a "trick."  Apparently Ray makes this joke every time he and Roast Beef go out drinking, and as much as Beef would like to stop finding it funny he just can't. 

The motion lines around Ray's shoulder and elbow when the "drip" happens seem to indicate he didn't make the noise with his mouth, though. 
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 31, 2006, 11:37:29 pm
I interpreted the noise a single drop/drip of pee, not so much as the mouth/Mac drop noise. However, I see the distinction as irrelevant to the enjoyment or interpretation of the strip.

Jough is right and theinevitable is more or less right. Ray's request is unexpected to the reader, because men have blinders on when they pee next yo each other. Then, after making a big deal out of it, Ray releases a single, audible drop with great satisfaction.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: colmore on November 01, 2006, 04:13:30 am
this strip made me feel old.  it's been 6 or 7 years since i've heard anyone call anything "tight."

did that slang only die out where i live?
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: side_show on November 02, 2006, 02:52:40 am
See, in spite of all the pseudo-taboo urinal issues, what I really appreciate about this strip is the way it sort of enforces the old-times heterosexual life-partner love of Ray and Roast Beef.  This is what makes it awesome.

I also thought the drip was Ray having the sort of controle to make a single, fairly loud urine-caused drip noise.  But the other explanation might explain Ray's facial expressions...

Also one of my cats is so obsessed with peeing in a fresh litter box that she paces around it while it's being cleaned and sometimes hops in during the final moments of cleaning and just locks eyes with you while she pees.  It is so weird.  The other two just use the box while sort of looking around like it ain't no thing, but the smallest cat, she totally locks eyes, and this strip reminded me of that.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: theinevitable on November 02, 2006, 02:59:18 am
side show, this is the difference between your cat and my cats.
my cats look on awkwardly: oh shit. He is cleaning out that sand-thing. Do you think he'll notice that we pissed in there? shit. shit. he might have noticed. oh my god, this is so embarassing.

your cat: "haha, bitch! you just cleaned this out, and i'm going to piss in it! hahahahaha! you are my slave!"
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: stringph on November 02, 2006, 11:02:45 am

Hmmmp. I was rather hoping for a strip or two about Ray's return to normal levels of sleekness and plumptitude. Perhaps an appearance by Doc Andretti. I guess the 'spider bite' had run its course, and it was time to return the trip's premium character to his former physical state as if by magic with nary a word uttered.
Title: Re: 31 October 2006 - DRIP
Post by: side_show on November 02, 2006, 02:11:50 pm
side show, this is the difference between your cat and my cats.
my cats look on awkwardly: oh shit. He is cleaning out that sand-thing. Do you think he'll notice that we pissed in there? shit. shit. he might have noticed. oh my god, this is so embarassing.

your cat: "haha, bitch! you just cleaned this out, and i'm going to piss in it! hahahahaha! you are my slave!"

Did I say I cleaned the litter box?  No I did not.  Cleaning out the cat shitter is a job far too lowly for the lady of the house.