The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Drygioni on November 01, 2006, 07:17:37 am

Title: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: Drygioni on November 01, 2006, 07:17:37 am
Link (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11012006)

Another zine!. I think the interview at least is good, as Cornelius is hands down one of the best Achewood characters, which is hard when nearly all the cast are pretty classy. Me, I won't buy it, but this mostly due to a lack of credit card.

There is still a twinge in me, however, that reminds me I would really rather have a strip or some blogs today.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: theinevitable on November 01, 2006, 07:38:40 am
dude...
dude..

you are awake. and I am awake. But you are awake because it is morning. WHOAAA.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: Ben-San on November 01, 2006, 08:34:58 am
The interview is nice but the video-clip linked to is high art.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: beautifulspam on November 01, 2006, 11:48:17 am
Chinese people believe that extremely hot or cold food causes internal damage. 

Chinese people also believe that sticking burning needles in themselves is a good idea.

Who is right?  You decide.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: vivouk on November 01, 2006, 12:32:19 pm
Basically anything that involves Roast Beef is genius.  ;D
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: dejavroom on November 01, 2006, 02:34:48 pm
I love RB. I'm gonna start saying "this is a question:" everytime I ask something to someone. the fun to be had!
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: HudsonVC on November 01, 2006, 03:58:23 pm
"Your system is so fine and old that you just need temperatures."

We should all be so lucky after we've been there and here in our months.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: Sub_Topical on November 01, 2006, 04:10:47 pm
Cornelius Bear and frozen waffle things is really jarring. Nice advertisement, though.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: wombat on November 01, 2006, 04:23:17 pm
"Your system is so fine and old that you just need temperatures."

We should all be so lucky after we've been there and here in our months.

Yes, so lovely. Finally something to look forward to about aging.

It is possible that I am in an impressionable mood this morning, but I find this so good that I don't know where to start. I am just in love.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 01, 2006, 06:21:16 pm
I thought I was most impressed by the creation of the word "pragmacticality"?

Until I saw "this is what death looks like"... because...

That IS what death looks like.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: Enkidu on November 01, 2006, 08:03:50 pm
The interview is nice but the video-clip linked to is high art.
I'm gonna have Ace of Spades in my head all day now.  It also made me wear worn out jeans and a black concert T-shirt.  Also I think I might need a motorcycle.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: Drygioni on November 01, 2006, 08:07:15 pm
I'm gonna have Ace of Spades in my head all day now.  It also made me wear worn out jeans and a black concert T-shirt.  Also I think I might need a motorcycle.

True story: Today, I wore a leather jacket and a Clash top (it was the closest T shirt I had!) to school in honour of this puppet show.

Unfortunately, all I got from it was an unfortunately smelly teacher talking to me about old bands and considerable ridicule! What's the deal with that? Perhaps it was justified.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: theinevitable on November 01, 2006, 10:34:21 pm
dang, I do not own a leather jacket.

probably for the better?

speaking of Rawk Music, is shaving/buzzing my head with a "beard trimmer" idiotic? It seems that as long as it starts out as semi-short, it should be fine. I mean... my facial hair is much thicker than my head-hair, so... is this going to end with me in extreme pain in some way?
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: jaydub on November 01, 2006, 10:56:07 pm
No, its just incredibly inefficient.  You're going to get bored long before you get it even.  Plus, your shoulders will be tired from holding your arms over your head, and you'll find the non-dominant side very difficult.

Ask me why I know...

Well, no, don't.  Let it be said that college years are a fine time to experiment with alternative haircuts however.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: Sub_Topical on November 01, 2006, 11:29:33 pm
I'd cosign those opinions based on probably similiar experience.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: theinevitable on November 01, 2006, 11:44:28 pm
update: one of the guys down the hall has an actual Hair Clipper type thing, so I am going to borrow that, instead.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 02, 2006, 06:33:35 pm
based on experience I would also suggest:

Get a girl you trust to do the cutting.

GIRL.

Do not miss this detail.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: theinevitable on November 02, 2006, 07:59:27 pm
oh, it is done. the only ugly part is one where one of the ladies cut too close with scissors.

I have gotten lots of compliments, and I like it. there are pictures on my flickr.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: Sub_Topical on November 02, 2006, 08:09:32 pm
It is a good thing you followed the hawaiian guys advise even if you let two girls at the task who look a little over enthusiastic with shearing implements. The winter/short hair combination will perhaps encourage you into the realm of hat experimentation now.
Title: Re: 1st of November, '06 - No. 3 'Zine preview
Post by: theinevitable on November 02, 2006, 10:09:11 pm
yeah, it's weird... now I can feel the cold on my head. and when I put on my hat, I can feel the difference. crazy.

I just realized, this is probably the shortest my hair has been since I have had hair.