The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: beverly on September 22, 2003, 07:12:37 am

Title: The Act (09-22-03)
Post by: beverly on September 22, 2003, 07:12:37 am
Look at Pat's bathroom door -- wary & cautious, in everything he does

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09222003).
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: jough on September 22, 2003, 07:33:50 am
Man, they cold fried up Pat's ding-dong.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: side_show on September 22, 2003, 01:29:50 pm
I laughed out load in my cubicle at the strip - specifically the alt text!  What a nice way to start my morning!
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: arlucasinc on September 22, 2003, 02:07:31 pm
The best part is that I had forgotten about Friday's events when I sat down to read this morning! But then of course, it all came back. And I did laugh.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: V-Adore on September 22, 2003, 03:35:41 pm
I want an anim of the Pat Dance, posthaste.

But yes, this strip is like a tiny nugget of gold. I feel especially warm and fuzzy towards it because it's my birthday and getting a strip this damn beautiful is like a gift.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: Anarchy_Bowling on September 22, 2003, 03:46:53 pm
So who will Phillipe and Lyle hit next?  Liebot?  The new, vengeful Phillipe has a few bones to pick with him.  ~heh heh . . . bones~
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: jough on September 22, 2003, 03:49:51 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
But yes, this strip is like a tiny nugget of gold. I feel especially warm and fuzzy towards it because it's my birthday and getting a strip this damn beautiful is like a gift.


Happy Birthday, V-Adore.  Gee, we didn't get you anythying. :oops:

But of course we have all day to make it up to you.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: Anarchy_Bowling on September 22, 2003, 03:50:28 pm
Oh, and based on the *zzzip* comic sound effect, I guess Pat has a zipper at crotch height on his fur just like Ren in the "Don't Whiz on the Electric Fence" episode of Ren and Stimpy.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: jough on September 22, 2003, 04:43:57 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
I laughed out load in my cubicle at the strip - specifically the alt text!


Which alt text did you laugh at?  It has changed since the strip was first posted.

Last night when I read it the alt text said something like "pat is really in a lot of pain here. This hurts him very much" and now it says "What kind of asshole waits that long on the phone to say something like that about barbers"

Which is funnier, I guess.

I just didn't think the original alt text was that funny, especially not to make one laugh out loud.

Unless a cat in pain makes you laugh.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: CortJstr on September 22, 2003, 04:52:41 pm
Now this is completely different kind of furious ding-dong. I wonder if Philippe will realize this was wrong. I also wonder how hard Ray will laugh when he hears about it.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: side_show on September 22, 2003, 06:16:56 pm
Quote from: "jough"


Last night when I read it the alt text said something like "pat is really in a lot of pain here. This hurts him very much" and now it says "What kind of asshole waits that long on the phone to say something like that about barbers"

Which is funnier, I guess.

I just didn't think the original alt text was that funny, especially not to make one laugh out loud.

Unless a cat in pain makes you laugh.



It was the "What kind of a jerk.." alt text - mostly because it was exactly what I was thinking at the time.

A cat in pain does make me laugh though -especially emotional pain like the cat in my avatar.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: slink on September 22, 2003, 06:26:07 pm
Ah yes, that is beautiful. The Pat dance is just wonderful stuff. Though I'm not sure I'd have the effort or time to dance if my ding-dong was being furiously electrocuted!
Gotta love people getting revenge on Pat. He kind of reminds me of people where I used to live who I really didn't get on with, and were just kind of, well assholes yes, but not offensive enough to really be assholes you know.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 22, 2003, 06:41:28 pm
Quote from: "Slink"
Ah yes, that is beautiful. The Pat dance is just wonderful stuff. Though I'm not sure I'd have the effort or time to dance if my ding-dong was being furiously electrocuted!



Although I've never been specifically electrocuted "there", the three major jolts I've taken demonstrate that neither time nor effort are required - the dance takes care of itself.

I wonder if, a la Jackass, some chromosomally challenged achewood reader will attempt this at home.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: CortJstr on September 22, 2003, 06:47:15 pm
I doubt Lyle will hang around long enough to get caught so will Pat even find out who did it? Maybe he'll just blame Ray. In any case I hope he doesn't have access to Tic Tac any more.
Title: The Act (09-22-03)
Post by: slink on September 22, 2003, 07:05:33 pm
Quote from: AlohaDawg
Although I've never been specifically electrocuted "there", the three major jolts I've taken demonstrate that neither time nor effort are required - the dance takes care of itself.

That is true I guess, the one serious one I had my arm did a whole little dance of it's own that kind of reminds me of Pat's dance.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 23, 2003, 05:14:42 am
Upon further review, I have to wonder what kind of self-conscious Pat must be since not ONLY does he have a chain lock on the bathroom door, he doesn't take a CORDLESS in there while he is on hold? Weird dude.

Hilarious though.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: V-Adore on September 23, 2003, 05:19:43 am
And honestly -- who has an opinion strong enough on the "how much should barbers be paid" topic to stay on the phone long enough? It might be permissible were Pat a barber, but...

Then again, the idea of Pat severely inconveniencing himself just to complain about the overpayment of someone in the service professions is entirely character-appropriate.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: slink on September 23, 2003, 08:01:38 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
he doesn't take a CORDLESS in there while he is on hold?


I don't even do that!
I'm always too worried that it'll get picked up while I'm in the act. And that would be unpleasant for all involved. Although given who I'm phoning if I get put on hold that probably wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: jay-ell on September 23, 2003, 05:02:03 pm
We all know how traumatic that can be. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10052001)
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 23, 2003, 05:13:07 pm
Now there's the difference between me and Slink. I'd take the cordless in there and during the conversation. I've done this to customer service people and telemarketers more than once. I guess the thing is, the other sounds they might here - distant tinkling, say or changes in your breathing or reaching while holding the phone to your ear with your shoulder - aren't specific enough but they sitting there thinking "what is he doing" and then comes the flush that, for some of them, indicates the worst case scenario.

It's usually pretty funny and it often kind of conveys just how much respect I have for them. Quoth Homer Simpson in the Thomas Edison episode: "Let's just say I'm sitting in the RIGHT CHAIR".
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: CortJstr on September 23, 2003, 05:52:51 pm
I've talked to my friends while peeing. I'm just careful with the mute button.

I did have a customer service person question the noises on my end of the phone once because I was at work and my barcode scanner was beeping. She thought the beeps meant I was recording the conversation.

Also, Aloha, what's with your title? It's freaking me out.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: slink on September 23, 2003, 06:00:34 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Now there's the difference between me and Slink. I'd take the cordless in there and during the conversation.


I guess I just like to feel superior when I'm ranting at those kinda guys. And somehow, what with me rarely using the mute button, they'd notice. And I don't think me saying I was filling a filter jug would work.
It's not like I have some weird issue about wizzing in front of people btw. I prefer not to if possible...

Anyway, I'm sooo going to stop talking!
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: side_show on September 23, 2003, 07:04:50 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
distant tinkling, say or changes in your breathing or reaching while holding the phone to your ear with your shoulder - aren't specific enough but they sitting there thinking "what is he doing" and then comes the flush that, for some of them, indicates the worst case scenario.

It's usually pretty funny and it often kind of conveys just how much respect I have for them. Quoth Homer Simpson in the Thomas Edison episode: "Let's just say I'm sitting in the RIGHT CHAIR".


This is not at all true - as a person who works on the phone all day, I can tell you that I always know what's going on in the background.  I never call out to people - they call in to me, so it's really mindblowing they think it's okay to take a dump while initiating a business transaction like transfering thousands of dollars.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 23, 2003, 07:24:23 pm
Maybe you are more perceptive than your average telemarketer. Or you are dealing with people who are, well, either assholes or respect you not at all. Generally if I initiate the call, I don't take the telly into the loo - and I generally don't 'attempt' to make undue noise. It takes away from the 'shock and awe' of the flush. Maybe they are testing you.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 23, 2003, 07:26:10 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Also, Aloha, what's with your title? It's freaking me out.


Which title do you mean?
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: CortJstr on September 23, 2003, 10:43:11 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Also, Aloha, what's with your title? It's freaking me out.


Which title do you mean?


Earlier today it was "Wow, 187 posts!" or something to that effect. Now it's Chucklebot
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 24, 2003, 01:54:19 am
I have no clue! It's been chucklebot for quite some time, and I don't think I can change the title. Maybe they have something coded just for 187 and then back to Chucklebot. The board administrators, like the Gods on Olympus, are whimsical and enjoy toying with us mere mortals.
Title: The Act (September 22nd)
Post by: side_show on September 24, 2003, 01:55:42 pm
Let me stress that I am NOT a telemarketer - calling people in their homes is pure evil and I do not make business with any companies who try this on me.  I understand that people take these jobs when they are desparate and sympathise however.

I'm probably more attentive to these noises because my job is boring and what's going on on the other end of the phone is often more interesting.  I remember once I could hear the Simpson's on the the back ground of someone's call from home and had difficulty not laughing.