The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jough on August 02, 2003, 04:55:57 am
-
Hi,
I added a little roast beef favourites icon based on the old beef icon back at... that OTHER place...
Anyway, let me know if you can see it. It'll show up in your favourites list in IE if you bookmark the site, or else next to the address bar in Netscape 6 and above, Opera, Mozilla, Safari, Firebird, Camino, Konqueror, etc.
Okay, enough browser geekery.
If anyone has suggestions for changing the board templates (the layout of the header, footer, etc.), let me know (I'm mostly speaking to JLD here).
-- Jough
-
Jough, are you typing with a British accent? Is that why the board appears to be set to GMT?
I was just kind of screwing with the colors and decided I liked the grayscale well enough to subject everybody else to the same thing. Feel free to make a more "colourful" version if you like. I've no objections.
I just work here.
-
The board time is GMT so that people can set their own time zones more easily.
Most people know how far away from GMT they are (EST daylight savings time is -500 GMT, for instance - PST is -8:00, etc.) but they may not know how far away they are from the server time (which is Central Time).
As far as the colours, I just want things to be visible and readable. And I like to know which links I've clicked on, and which one I'm hovering over.
Otherwise I don't really care. If someone wants me to install a theme as an option, just send me a link to the phpBB theme page for the download and I'll install it.
If you people think that I'm going to spend time to design a theme for you, you're out of your fuck*ng MINDS.
And you've caught me. I do type with an English accent.
But really, its you yanks that don't know how to spell simple words like "colour."
-- Jough
-
Hey, I spelled it properly just for you. I do tend to throw superfluous "u's" into my words when I type -- but I am adament about the fact that the 'Merican spelling is, in fact, equally correct.
How many conversations can we have at once? I don't even know. I wish I could bring up AIM, but I'm not on my own machine.
-
I add my 'u's when necessary ..it realllly pains me if I have to write it the other way for a specific title ..hah.
-
I like message board postings because you can have many threads of discussion going at once. But sometimes people will talk about something that I've already written about in another thread. I guess I could post a link to my previous posts, but that would require, you know, work on my part to try to find it again.
So usually I close the browser and go watch a DVD.
-
No icon in my favo(u)rites bar. And I just re-bookmarked it! Yet I can pull it up by typing the file name (no secret there) into the address bar. Is there a meta tag you can use to point to it or something?
-
Well, in Firebird I can set my own icon for any site through the "properties" you get from the context menu.
Hrm... I think if you come to the site, delete your current icon, and then re-add it to your favourites, it'll work.
But IE is pretty flakey with favourites icons, even though they invented the things.