The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Nabubrush on December 13, 2006, 07:38:09 pm

Title: Peter Boyle is dead.
Post by: Nabubrush on December 13, 2006, 07:38:09 pm
I was gonna make espresso!

A fairly boilerplate type of obit (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061213/ap_en_tv/obit_boyle) with an interesting note that I did not know:

Through his wife, a friend of Yoko Ono, the actor became close friends with John Lennon. "We were both seekers after a truth, looking for a quick way to enlightenment," Boyle once said of Lennon, who was best man at his wedding. (emphasis mine)
Title: Re: Peter Boyle is dead.
Post by: Sub_Topical on December 13, 2006, 08:08:06 pm
S'long Wizard. Don't never stop putting on the ritz.

HUUUR-R-R-UGGGH!
Title: Re: Peter Boyle is dead.
Post by: AugustWest on December 13, 2006, 08:46:56 pm
Sad.  Boyle was by far the best thing about that lame piece of crap Everybody Loves Raymond.

"For as long as I can remember people have hated me. They looked at my face and my body and they ran away in horror. In my loneliness I decided that if I could not inspire love, which is my deepest hope, I would instead cause fear. I live because this poor half-crazed genius, has given me life. He alone held an image of me as something beautiful and then, when it would have been easy enough to stay out of danger, he used his own body as a guinea pig to give me a calmer brain and a somewhat more sophisticated way of expressing myself."
Title: Re: Peter Boyle is dead.
Post by: jaydub on December 13, 2006, 09:05:07 pm
Sad.  Boyle was by far the best thing about that lame piece of crap Everybody Loves Raymond.


Seconded.  Definitely.  My wife was a regular watcher, and I'd pause as I walked through the room if he was on the screen.  Well, that, and to gawk at Brad Garrett's height on occasion.
Title: Re: Peter Boyle is dead.
Post by: Nabubrush on December 13, 2006, 10:29:40 pm
That show ate ass. I was sitting here thinking about what a shame it is when a talent like Peter Boyle is wasted in a pile of shit like that, but then again:

Quote from: Ray Romano
Once in a while my wife complains about my jokes. I tell her to go cry in a big bag of money.