The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: SMEAR on December 19, 2006, 10:29:29 am

Title: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: SMEAR on December 19, 2006, 10:29:29 am
I've never registered for a message board in my life.. I'm kind of excited
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 19, 2006, 11:25:57 am
I don't believe you.  You're a liar.  Play fuck*ng loud.  Once apon a time...
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: side_show on December 19, 2006, 02:31:07 pm
Hello Smear, welcome to the board.  What incited you to join?  Was it my hot type skillz?
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: SMEAR on December 20, 2006, 06:14:02 am
I am a liar :(
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 20, 2006, 06:46:10 am
Your topic line intrigues me, especially for a first post.

Upon parsing it, I wonder... why was this your first subject line?

The lack of conventional punctuation and, yet, ending in four dollar signs with no later reference to money... and yet the first word IS capitalized. The ungrammatical slang of "what up"... what are we suggesting here? A slangy hipness? A street credibility?

But the final word is definitely the true mystery... I can only reckon it out to be a combination of the corrupted versions of two hate-words, one a hate-word for African-Americans, the other a hate-word for the mentally disabled... all mushed together and topped off by four dollar signs.

What could this word possibly mean? How could the use of this be viewed as anything other than a disrespect to the other posters or... at the very best... a sadly-laughable use of half-evolved neo-hate-speech without knowing what it actually is?

I sit back and ponder how this would be a positive introduction to a community.

We're left to either believe that you either hold the community in open contempt, insulting them from the fore or... believe that you are so sloppy in your use of language and grammar that significant engagement may not be possible.

It makes me ponder, is all.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: SMEAR on December 20, 2006, 08:39:58 am
littlefallsmets, are you serious? I thought you guys were hardcore achewood fans?

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11232004

I lifted it straight from a text chat Ray has with Teodor. I meant no offense and I'd hate to get off on the wrong foot.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 20, 2006, 09:47:16 am
He got confused because Ray's only had 3 $'s.  Annyhow, he may or may not have recognized that (uh, I would guess not), but he was probably not being too serious.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: side_show on December 20, 2006, 02:02:40 pm
lfm, your post was lovely, however, I must point out that I think you just got burned by a noob.  Well done Smear.

Anyway, welcome again Smear.  Since most new folks seem to start a thread to introduce themselves, so I invite you to use this thread to let us know a little more about you in an entertaining manner.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: CortJstr on December 20, 2006, 02:03:09 pm
A classic strip that I had basically forgotten about.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: robot_god on December 20, 2006, 08:14:00 pm
It's a different world ever since Michael Richard's attack on November 11th.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: Sub_Topical on December 20, 2006, 08:24:50 pm
There's a life skills lesson in this thread for ever fuck*ng one of y'all, and me included.

Eveybody thank LFM for the reminder.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: smick on December 21, 2006, 01:53:28 am
It's a different world ever since Michael Richard's attack on November 11th.

11/11 - I wish I could forget.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: theinevitable on December 21, 2006, 05:06:27 am
wtf is wrong with you people? I feel like I am missing out on a joke.

also: what two words is "miggroid" a combination of? Every time I think I have it, I realize that.... an N is not an M?
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: smick on December 21, 2006, 05:25:31 am
1) A Russian fighter plane

and

2) An Asteroid

Think about it.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: Alternate on December 21, 2006, 12:08:06 pm
The second word is "mongoloid," and it's okay that an N is not an M because the words are attached sandwich style. 
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: jough on December 21, 2006, 01:50:47 pm
I think the second word is "humanoid."

Or Avoid the Noid.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: robot_god on December 21, 2006, 10:29:39 pm
Mickey's Aggrivated Hemmorhoid?



In a bio lab I was in last year, the class was viewing some old pathology slides.  The slides were at least 30 years old and there were a few with human skin including one labeled negroid skin.  My partner was this dude from Africa and he was like, "wtfff is this shit???"

Anyway, I think miggroid comes directly from negroid, which I don't believe has ever been technically classified as offensive, to the best of my knowledge, despite my anecdote which argues otherwise.  Dude's probably only been in the country like 6 years, though.  He don't have the full grasp on what flies and what you have to go on TV to apologize for.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 22, 2006, 02:38:36 am
It is moderately offensive, in that it connotes race science.
Title: Re: What up miggroids$$$$
Post by: theinevitable on December 22, 2006, 07:35:13 am
guys, please do not talk about this. we have talked about this, and it ended badly.