The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: FeeReep on September 24, 2003, 08:49:19 am

Title: Nice Pat? (09-24-03)
Post by: FeeReep on September 24, 2003, 08:49:19 am
Finally, a plus-side to working the graveyard shift:  New Achewood at frikkin' 3AM.

I like that Pat (well, before the incident) charges for videotape rental, yet does not return books he checked out for free at the library.

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09242003).
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jay-ell on September 24, 2003, 12:36:28 pm
Pat has pockets!?!?
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: CortJstr on September 24, 2003, 12:45:40 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Pat has pockets!?!?


Tick reference noted. Plus one point to all who get it.

I love that Pat charges to use his bathroom. That is awesome.

So what other powers has he been granted? Maybe his body was taken over by a spirit contained inside it. Or maybe Ray will do something stupid accidentally to revert him back to normal.

Edit: How the hell did the bunny get in the bathroom?
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: AugustWest on September 24, 2003, 12:57:28 pm
Dang!  I was gonna start a thread with exactly this title.

I would have thought that Beef woulda enjoyed a Noam Chomsky video.  Hmmm.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on September 24, 2003, 02:07:32 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"

I would have thought that Beef woulda enjoyed a Noam Chomsky video.  Hmmm.


I think Beef spends his video watching time doing things like comparing different versions of Italian horror movies and such like (all "dang the Portuguese release of blood Orgy Morning has like fourteen extra seconds we have been SERIOUSLY ripped off over here").
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: side_show on September 24, 2003, 02:10:50 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
How the hell did the bunny get in the bathroom?


I'm figuring this is a shock induced hallucination, or that there's a window in there.

Quote from:  "AugustWest"
I would have thought that Beef woulda enjoyed a Noam Chomsky video. Hmmm.


I thought  I'd like a Noam Chomsky video, but instead I fell asleep.  When I woke up my boyfriend had also fallen asleep.  I should've asked for a refund.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: V-Adore on September 24, 2003, 03:08:51 pm
Nice Pat already freaks me out, to be honest. And I'm not too sure that he even exists in the real world, per se -- that, in fact, the universe of Mr. Bunny and of Nice Pat is not some sort of electrocution-and-occult-jibberjabber-induced comatose, hallucinatory fugue state.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: CortJstr on September 24, 2003, 03:28:42 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I predict that 'nice' Pat will be nearly as creepy as Nice Pete.


I was thinking along the lines of the good-doubles on that episode of Red Dwarf. He'll all start wearing a white robe, all being serene, all lettin' everybody else walk all over him.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: side_show on September 24, 2003, 03:52:35 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Mr. Roasted Beef thought:
Quote
...sauteed a raccoon...


That phrase in conjunction with the facial expression of Roast Beef in panel two is a most excellent funny.  His nose is even twitching like mad.  I really like the use of Roast Beefs feline characteristics in this strip.  Any of you with cats out there: how often have you been in the bathroom only to notice a cat nose checking out what's going on from the other side?

I predict that 'nice' Pat will be nearly as creepy as Nice Pete.


When we moved into our new home the extra bedroom (which had been a little girl's bedroom) had this terrible pee smell.  The look on Beef's face is very familiar to me from my own cats' reactions.  All suspicious and disgusted.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: wombat on September 24, 2003, 03:58:59 pm
Not only does Nice Pat freak me out too, but, is there really such a thing as a Noam Chomsky video in the real world?  That's too horrible to contemplate.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on September 24, 2003, 04:18:19 pm
So is Pat still an escaped convict?  Have the authorities not been after Nice Pat and Nice Pete?
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on September 24, 2003, 04:26:48 pm
Quote from: "bluebird_of_unhappiness"
So is Pat still an escaped convict?  Have the authorities not been after Nice Pat and Nice Pete?


The Achewood universe has a constantly expanding number of eigenstates, thus making it possible for many different conflicting realities to interchange and mingle. Also, continuity suxx teh coq.
Title: Talisman in Pat's Pocket?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 24, 2003, 05:17:38 pm
What pocket? When we saw him get electrocuted he was in the buff.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Anarchy_Bowling on September 24, 2003, 05:38:17 pm
This is starting to reflect a Bloom County set of strips where aliens zapped Steve Dallas' brain and all turned him sensitive and nice.  I know I sound like Comic Book Guy here, but Onstad did site Berkley Breathed as a major influence.
Title: Re: Talisman in Pat's Pocket?
Post by: slink on September 24, 2003, 06:07:41 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
What pocket? When we saw him get electrocuted he was in the buff.


Then explain the zipping sound... AHA!
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: side_show on September 24, 2003, 06:28:38 pm
you mean cat c*ckes don't normally make zipping sounds?  You learn something every day!
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: slink on September 24, 2003, 06:32:48 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
you mean cat c*ckes don't normally make zipping sounds?  You learn something every day!


Well they are barbed. Maybe he was all turned-on when he went?
Title: Re: Talisman in Pat's Pocket?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 24, 2003, 06:50:44 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
What pocket? When we saw him get electrocuted he was in the buff.


Then explain the zipping sound... AHA!


Pat's uncut and has a lot of smegma to fight through.
Title: Re: Talisman in Pat's Pocket?
Post by: side_show on September 24, 2003, 08:48:20 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
What pocket? When we saw him get electrocuted he was in the buff.


Then explain the zipping sound... AHA!


Pat's uncut and has a lot of smegma to fight through.


So foul.  That is so very, very foul.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jough on September 24, 2003, 09:59:36 pm
This thread is funnier than the strip.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: V-Adore on September 24, 2003, 10:32:44 pm
You know, I never thought I'd hear the words "Pat" and "smegma" in the same sentence. That's exceptionally vile -- yet funny.

And I always assumed that the cats had the whole "invisible clothes" thing going on: functionally they're dressed, appearance-wise they're not. That would at least explain why Beef buys all those T-shirts (when we've never seen him dressed at all outside of the party arc and Heaven) but not why Ray's thong is still visible.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: slink on September 24, 2003, 11:41:45 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
You know, I never thought I'd hear the words "Pat" and "smegma" in the same sentence. That's exceptionally vile -- yet funny.

And I always assumed that the cats had the whole "invisible clothes" thing going on: functionally they're dressed, appearance-wise they're not. That would at least explain why Beef buys all those T-shirts (when we've never seen him dressed at all outside of the party arc and Heaven) but not why Ray's thong is still visible.


In that line of thought, Ray's thong is visible merely so we need not see his wang every day.
Note we never see any of the other's private guys, but Ray fills out that Thong something fierce!
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 24, 2003, 11:43:20 pm
Well....SOMETHING seems to fill it out. That is something I must consider imponderable.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: CortJstr on September 24, 2003, 11:44:07 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
You know, I never thought I'd hear the words "Pat" and "smegma" in the same sentence. That's exceptionally vile -- yet funny.

And I always assumed that the cats had the whole "invisible clothes" thing going on: functionally they're dressed, appearance-wise they're not. That would at least explain why Beef buys all those T-shirts (when we've never seen him dressed at all outside of the party arc and Heaven) but not why Ray's thong is still visible.


And if smegma wasn't funny enough on its own it's got the whole smeg connection going on too.

I'm telling you people, the clothes are also covered by the same Somebody Else's Problem Field that encompasses the Underground.

Also, how long have you been Todd? Weren't you just Showbiz a minute ago?
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 24, 2003, 11:46:47 pm
I suspect she turned into Todd when she went over 250 posts. You go, Todd.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: sjlimmer on September 24, 2003, 11:57:47 pm
Quote from: "slink"

Note we never see any of the other's private guys


Except, of course, this http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01252002
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: V-Adore on September 25, 2003, 02:57:45 am
Yes, apparently 250 posts turns me into Todd. Frikkin' awesome.

Now, of course, the eternal question: how much longer do I wait before finally caving in, donating, and thus presumably getting a custom title?
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jough on September 25, 2003, 03:16:01 am
You can donate and not get a custom title if you don't want one. ;)

Seriously, V-Adore, you're everyone's last hope for post titles.

Of course, you'll have to go over 500 to get to the next plateau.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 25, 2003, 01:46:17 pm
Quote from: "jough"
This thread is funnier than the strip.


That's what Chris pays me for.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: side_show on September 25, 2003, 01:48:31 pm
I think their fur coats are clothes and some of them choose to accessorize.  Ray uses the thong to accentuate his wang -or conceal a foil covered cucumber.

Also, jough's new avatar is...disconcerting.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 25, 2003, 01:49:05 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
You know, I never thought I'd hear the words "Pat" and "smegma" in the same sentence. That's exceptionally vile -- yet funny.

And I always assumed that the cats had the whole "invisible clothes" thing going on: functionally they're dressed, appearance-wise they're not. That would at least explain why Beef buys all those T-shirts (when we've never seen him dressed at all outside of the party arc and Heaven) but not why Ray's thong is still visible.


Well, I believe at one point, Beef was asked why he bought all those shirts if he never wore them (maybe he asked this to himself). I get the feeling that the Warner-Brother's style 'fur as clothing' meme is trying to be resurrected, and I think that's hooey. A plug of smegma would easily make that sound if ripped through by a cat's barbed c*ck. There is no pocket, unless of course, it is a pocket in the giant smegma plug. Smegma smegma smegma!

What a great word.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: side_show on September 25, 2003, 02:06:16 pm
Bobby has a lot of smegma!

I used to teach sex ed and I remember the definition of smegma refered to it as a "cottage-cheese-like" discharge!  Blehh!
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 25, 2003, 02:08:44 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Bobby has a lot of smegma!

I used to teach sex ed and I remember the definition of smegma refered to it as a "cottage-cheese-like" discharge!  Blehh!


My best friend is uncut and laughs when he hears the constant questions about 'cottage-cheese-like discharge'. His words were, 'Anything is cottage-cheese-like if you don't wash enough.'

The foreskin, the hymen, and the appendix all have a seperate heaven set aside for them, where they are once again evolutionarily relevant.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: wombat on September 25, 2003, 03:41:26 pm
Oh look, Bobby Isoceles is here and August West has a cool new sig.  You guys are having too much fun without me while I still don't have my internet back.  But at least I have electricity.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: side_show on September 25, 2003, 03:44:11 pm
Wow, achewood and smegma - I never thought we'd go there.  Thanks a lot Mr Isosceles!
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: CortJstr on September 25, 2003, 04:46:01 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Wow, achewood and smegma - I never thought we'd go there.


I just thought of this as inevitable. And it's only a matter of time before somebody mentions the taint.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jay-ell on September 25, 2003, 04:47:07 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
The foreskin, the hymen, and the appendix all have a seperate heaven set aside for them, where they are once again evolutionarily relevant.


Also, wisdom teeth and body hair?
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Limmo on September 25, 2003, 05:17:10 pm
Men's nipples?

Not that I don't enjoy having them, but still...
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 25, 2003, 05:37:47 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
The foreskin, the hymen, and the appendix all have a seperate heaven set aside for them, where they are once again evolutionarily relevant.


Also, wisdom teeth and body hair?


Both are relevant if they grow in right.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 25, 2003, 05:38:13 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
Men's nipples?

Not that I don't enjoy having them, but still...


My nipples are for smashing.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: side_show on September 25, 2003, 07:04:49 pm
The greater majority of words that can not be spoken on television posted here.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 25, 2003, 08:56:20 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
The greater majority of words that can not be spoken on television posted here.


c===8
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jay-ell on September 25, 2003, 08:58:26 pm
c*ck
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jough on September 25, 2003, 09:53:47 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Also, jough's new avatar is...disconcerting.


Why, just because I'm a year and a half older in it than I was in the previous avatar?
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 25, 2003, 10:21:05 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Oh look, Bobby Isoceles is here and August West has a cool new sig.  You guys are having too much fun without me while I still don't have my internet back.  But at least I have electricity.


I've always been here, spying for Onstad. :)
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jay-ell on September 25, 2003, 11:58:39 pm
Jough, did you re-open this thread?  'Cause damn, did it wander.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 26, 2003, 12:01:37 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
Jough, did you re-open this thread?  'Cause damn, did it wander.


I'm just saying that maybe Pat became nice because smeg conducts. (Smegma being the opposite of amber).
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jough on September 26, 2003, 12:09:05 am
I was enjoying its wandering, and since I posted to it I figured I'd let people reply to me. ;)
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 26, 2003, 12:12:47 am
Quote from: "jough"
I was enjoying its wandering, and since I posted to it I figured I'd let people reply to me. ;)


So what's your SIGN, baby!
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: CortJstr on September 26, 2003, 12:14:50 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
I was enjoying its wandering, and since I posted to it I figured I'd let people reply to me. ;)


So what's your SIGN, baby!


I'm going to guess it's a pentacle
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: slink on September 26, 2003, 12:41:01 am
I'm just thoroughly disturbed by all the new directions this things taking!
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 26, 2003, 01:07:25 am
Quote from: "slink"
I'm just thoroughly disturbed by all the new directions this things taking!


SIGN, DAMNIT. Sun, moon, rising at least!
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jough on September 26, 2003, 01:35:20 am
I am a Taurus.  But you're going to have to use better lines if you expect me to "put out."  I'm easy, but I ain't that fuggin easy.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: andalucia on September 26, 2003, 02:20:44 am
Hey jough, are those ASTRONAUT #####?
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jough on September 26, 2003, 02:36:43 am
Hey 'lucia, do you have any Lithuanian in you?
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 26, 2003, 04:20:22 am
Quote from: "jough"
I am a Taurus.  But you're going to have to use better lines if you expect me to "put out."  I'm easy, but I ain't that fuggin easy.


EYE AM A SKORPIO. EYE H8 J00
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: doomglobe on September 26, 2003, 09:05:57 am
Considering where this thread is going, all I got to say is,"Thats Just Pat!!"
(http://store4.yimg.com/I/halloweenexpo_1757_21705410)
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 26, 2003, 12:11:05 pm
Quote from: "doomglobe"
Considering where this thread is going, all I got to say is,"Thats Just Pat!!"

[IMAGE]



Why for I am aroused?

[Hey guys please don't quote images!  Thanks!  -- The Mgmt.]
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: side_show on September 26, 2003, 02:10:47 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "side_show"
Also, jough's new avatar is...disconcerting.


Why, just because I'm a year and a half older in it than I was in the previous avatar?



No, it's because you remind me so much of myself at that age!
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jay-ell on September 26, 2003, 02:18:36 pm
I give up.  

I changed my av, too, in keeping with Jough's theme.  Whee!
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 26, 2003, 02:20:58 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
I give up.  

I changed my av, too, in keeping with Jough's theme.  Whee!


man why got gots to be so ugly and all

with your disproportionate faces

and your shrunken bodies

it just makes me think of the hoss fetuses in jars that they keep in the back room of veterinary clinics
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: CortJstr on September 26, 2003, 03:44:20 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
I give up.  

I changed my av, too, in keeping with Jough's theme.  Whee!


While I think your previous title would've just been creepy when paired with this avatar I don't totally see where the piggishness comes from.
Title: Nice Pat?- 9/24/03
Post by: jay-ell on September 26, 2003, 04:11:29 pm
Pigtails.