The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on December 25, 2006, 09:28:02 pm
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12262006 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12262006)
A comic strip... from tomorrow!
(Nice Pete is a control freak, the Robert Fripp of elf-metal... Pat will approve?)
-
Indeed, springing is clearly not the scariest way of getting around. Although it certainly has its uses.
-
The best part is that Lyle does not cuss in his internal monologue, instead utilizing "frickin'".
-
Why is Lyle being played by a disguised Teódor lately these days?
-
Because of "MORE LYLE"
(which i totally agree with)
-
Why is Lyle being played by a disguised Teódor lately these days?
I sort of dig the way that the strip is saying "okay, in relation to everyone else and usually even Ray, Lyle is the wild man but... by means of contrast, an alcoholic pornstar who can't hold a job is going to fall into the role of the confused normal person in relation to a sexually confused escaped murderer hiding in the 'burbs... being a drunken screwup'll make you tough in certain ways but it's all about who you're standing in the same room with."
Lyle's not hard, remember, dude's still a part-timer in his salad days, like Johnny Cash in Folsom Prison.
To you or I, to Teodor or Molly, a few weekends in the drunk tank might give you a rep.
But in relief to Nice Pete, Lyle is the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
(did anyone else wonder if the cab with the vanity plate "FRESH" was actually driven by Will from the future, like the Milkman of the Missing Hour in EERIE, INDIANA or was it just me?)
-
(did anyone else wonder if the cab with the vanity plate "FRESH" was actually driven by Will from the future, like the Milkman of the Missing Hour in EERIE, INDIANA or was it just me?)
That may well have been just you, but I think it's a perfectly serviceable theory.
I think the big thing this strip reveals is that Lyle is not actually that weird. Frequently drunk? Yeah. Gonzo porn star? Sure. Hard up for work such that he's willing to do tranny-fucks for money? Absolutely. But compared to Nice Pete, who is on another goddamn planet, Lyle is just your everyday guy. He could well end up the Bruce Springsteen, relatable-down-home-type of elf-rock.
-
Indeed, springing is clearly not the scariest way of getting around. Although it certainly has its uses.
Springing is probably the most appropriate way to emerge from the haunted loins of a fever-witch, at least that's what I would do. I do not like being in haunted loins for more than a second.
I wish Onstad had put a clef in there so we could figure out what note Lyle is playing. Then someone could do a cover. Of the Mister Band song.
-
Seriously, everything is springing out of something in these death metal songs.
See ScaryGoRound:
http://scarygoround.com/index.php?date=20040910
http://scarygoround.com/index.php?date=20040913
Ok, so it's "rising up" and "coming forth" and whatnot, but I recalled it as springing. Damn. My memory must be completely shot between this and that deadpool nonsense.
-
I don't know, springing is what Tigger always did and that motherfucker scared the shit out of me.
-
I wish Onstad had put a clef in there so we could figure out what note Lyle is playing. Then someone could do a cover. Of the Mister Band song.
Lyle is playing the bass guitar...
i think it is reasonable for one to assume that it is a bass cleff.
-
I wish Onstad had put a clef in there so we could figure out what note Lyle is playing. Then someone could do a cover. Of the Mister Band song.
Lyle is playing the bass guitar...
i think it is reasonable for one to assume that it is a bass cleff.
I reckon so, but the lack of a key signature means we don't know if it's supposed to be played flat or not. Assuming the C note is natural, then I reckon B is a natural too, because the descending of a single semitone sounds suitably evil.
Anyway, we've now reached the over-analysis stage. Sorry, everyone.
-
May I officially call dibs on "Mister Cover Band" as the name of my hypothetical Mister Band cover band?