The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Formica on January 05, 2007, 02:45:55 am

Title: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: Formica on January 05, 2007, 02:45:55 am
Weed, it's what's for dinner. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01052007) Has Ray helped T dodge a bullet? Will Lyle confront Nice Pete? Is someone going to get Taken before the storyline ends? Tune in next week as...
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: V-Adore on January 05, 2007, 02:47:15 am
... as Teodor learns that being in trouble is a fake idea?
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2007, 02:51:21 am
Kingston Sideburn???
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: linnea on January 05, 2007, 04:13:51 am
This is so fuckin' sweet! Go Teodor, you dodged a bullet!

Teodor's affirmation that he is indeed holding is... damn, that's touching. I am reminded of Tony's Law (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30925).
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 05, 2007, 04:40:50 am
This will obviously come back to haunt Lyle, since he failed to find his replacement.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 05, 2007, 06:36:08 am
The alt-text has me imagining Ray passing an elementary-school-style Valentine to weed.

Obscure limited-release rich-guy elementary-school-style Valentines, sure, but nonetheless.

Maybe they'd be Peter Gabriel themed, as though they only made a thousand and they cost seven hundred dollars on eBay... maybe his merchandising people agreed to it before he even heard about it and by the time the news got to him, there were already some made and the factory workers smuggled a few out. As though the merch guys were fired but the legend remains.

"I love you BIG TIME, Valentine."

"Your love hits me like a SLEDGEHAMMER, Valentine."

"You really STEAM me up, Valentine."

etc.

This makes me want to buy Achewood Valentines, somehow.

Though I'd settle for Peter Gabriel Valentines, clearly.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: melack on January 05, 2007, 07:47:42 am
It's so cold in Achewood estates that you can see Teodor's breath! I'm not sure, but I think that's an achewood first.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: CortJstr on January 05, 2007, 01:55:44 pm
Is Ray already somehow messed up or is going up to the roof really that exciting?
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: dejavroom on January 05, 2007, 02:19:45 pm
Everything gets exciting on Keif. Favorite pot-fueled pastime of some acquaintances of mine around here is to go to the supermarket in the middle of the night and buy several not-urgently-needed basic house-maintenance items just for that low 60Hz hum from the fluorescent lights and (I guess) the bright-colored packages in the aisles.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: DanSC on January 05, 2007, 03:45:00 pm
This is going to end badly.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: kellichou on January 05, 2007, 07:01:29 pm
Is Ray already somehow messed up or is going up to the roof really that exciting?

Ray is pumping his fist in the air in excitement, because he just realized that Teodor's "yeah, let's go up to the roof" is an admission of holding, and they're going up to the roof to go get HIGH! 

I think this is my most favorite Achewood strip EVAR.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 05, 2007, 10:33:05 pm
Ray is pumping his fist in the air in excitement, because he just realized that Teodor's "yeah, let's go up to the roof" is an admission of holding, and they're going up to the roof to go get HIGH! 

I think this is my most favorite Achewood strip EVAR.

They're going somewhere high (the roof) to get high (by smoking weed).  This is the kind of thing that would BLOW YOUR MIND if you were stoned.  "We'll be high before we get high, man!  With every step we'll be higher and higher before we've even smoked a single puff! That's too perfect!" 

If that kind of thing had happened to me, I know I would've put a fist in the air.

I may even have waved it around in a way that suggested I just didn't care.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: CortJstr on January 05, 2007, 10:47:49 pm
They're going somewhere high (the roof) to get high (by smoking weed).  This is the kind of thing that would BLOW YOUR MIND if you were stoned.  "We'll be high before we get high, man!  With every step we'll be higher and higher before we've even smoked a single puff! That's too perfect!" 

If that kind of thing had happened to me, I know I would've put a fist in the air.

I may even have waved it around in a way that suggested I just didn't care.

You call that indifference!

</lore>
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: linnea on January 06, 2007, 04:14:36 am
Ray is pumping his fist in the air in excitement, because he just realized that Teodor's "yeah, let's go up to the roof" is an admission of holding, and they're going up to the roof to go get HIGH! 

I think this is my most favorite Achewood strip EVAR.

The RADDEST part about this story is that I texted my Wombie (not Womby, who is wombat, but my womb-mate kellichou, aka "wombie") this morning to tell her to read it...

WOMBIE BRAIN LINK. It was awesome. She'd already read it and was going to email me to tell me about it because it was her favorite.

Heh. I love being a twin.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: robot_god on January 06, 2007, 09:32:24 pm
Perhaps a Kingston Sideburn is a clip blunt or clip joint?  If you roll up a bunch of resinated weed, the core kind of looks like a thin, nappy dreadlock.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: Choop on January 06, 2007, 09:33:58 pm
Don't overthink it, kids. It's just a funny pair of words that might somehow refer to something related to marijuana.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: coldfrog on January 06, 2007, 10:44:40 pm
Teodor is doing it for all the wrong reasons.  I just don't think he gets Nice Pete.  However, when it comes to Ray, there is definitely no wrong reason for a little Kief.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 06, 2007, 10:46:02 pm
If you roll up a bunch of resinated weed, the core kind of looks like a thin, nappy dreadlock.

Ah, the second generation joint.  The only good part about smoking cheap weed, but god is it good.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: Undertoad on January 06, 2007, 11:42:24 pm
Don't overthink it, kids. It's just a funny pair of words that might somehow refer to something related to marijuana.
The only Google result for it is... this thread

Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: linnea on January 06, 2007, 11:43:56 pm
Yeah, I think that a Kingston Sideburn is a varietal name that doesn't exist yet... but DAMMIT IT SHOULD!

Weed botanists, take heed.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 07, 2007, 12:45:02 am
I've got some friends who could make (develop?) us some Kingston Sideburn.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: linnea on January 07, 2007, 02:09:47 am
I've got some friends who could make (develop?) us some Kingston Sideburn.

Daaamn! Tell them to get to work. Of course, I can't have any, but I will take comfort in the knowledge that Kingston Sideburn has been created. (we get pee tested because nobody wants drunk/high firefighters or medics).

I remember reading an article about illegal farmers buying huge suburban homes (http://www.dpna.org/5housemarijuana.htm) and tearing out the inside non-load-bearing walls to create intricate marijuana hydroponic facilities. Craaaazy.
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 07, 2007, 10:20:23 am
Ah, testing has prevented me from getting a high paying job in the oil business over the summers during college.  The oil business tests because a lot of meth heads work for them.  Well, I guess I'll keep getting shit checks.

I BOUGHT A VAPORIZER TONIGHT!!!
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: robot_god on January 07, 2007, 11:41:08 am
I BOUGHT A VAPORIZER TONIGHT!!!

Is it the best?
Title: Re: Please tell me a cop and a doctor - January 5th, 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 07, 2007, 12:09:53 pm
No, but I have used the best, my friend in boulder has one.  It is kind of a hand held version of the volcano, known as the Vapir one.


I wish I had 600 dollars to spend on a vaporizer.  The one I have has bags though, and the tube.