The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: AugustWest on January 05, 2007, 02:57:57 pm

Title: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2007, 02:57:57 pm
Butt clenching monster vomiting eyeball into walking c*ck. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfgBf_SExmU&eurl=)
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: Drygioni on January 05, 2007, 04:27:18 pm
Wow, even Microsoft can jump sharks. Bill sold out, man.
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: innes on January 05, 2007, 04:39:19 pm
Lots more where that came from: https://www.zune-arts.net/

(Oops, sorry. Frickin Microcrap Winblows etc)
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: wombat on January 05, 2007, 05:03:06 pm
OMG. What were they thinking?
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: CortJstr on January 05, 2007, 05:12:59 pm
I don't have Flash at work, what the hell is this?
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: wombat on January 05, 2007, 05:38:21 pm
It's an animated commercial that looks just like Aug says.  The scary part was when the monster picked up the c*ck and started to tickle it. I was really afraid of what would happen next.  That it was just vomiting the eyeball was almost a relief.

I think we all need some Cute Overload (http://www.cuteoverload.com) as an antidote. Make sure to scroll down to the puppy sleeping on the keyboard.
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 05, 2007, 06:40:01 pm
What the HELL people.

Yeah, that pretty much looks like a walking dong, esp. right at the beginning.
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: V-Adore on January 05, 2007, 08:15:31 pm
What really weirds me out about this is that the one Zune ad I'd seen before this was a very standard, innocuous, semi-pleasant MP3-player ad: "hey, look, people out enjoying music in the world! Neat!" I know being too obvious is a way of getting accused of being iPod-derivative, but honestly, is the concept of just advertising your product so scary that you have to go with this?

The butt-clenching was especially unnecessary, plus it didn't make much sense. I mean, isn't the whole selling point that sharing music between players is supposed to be easy, not butt-clenching, pop-out-an-eye-and-feed-it-to-a-walkin'-dong hard?
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: theinevitable on January 05, 2007, 08:48:46 pm
yeah, that was terrifying.

also terrifying: Animals in Boobs/Cleavage is a section on cute overload. it is not as good as you think it will be.
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: wombat on January 05, 2007, 10:12:20 pm
Wait, it's an ad for a music player?  We were supposed to know that how exactly?

Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: V-Adore on January 05, 2007, 10:46:19 pm
Wait, it's an ad for a music player?  We were supposed to know that how exactly?

Osmosis, perhaps?

Me, I want to know how many people saw that ad and immediately decided their life needed a Zune-brand walkin' dong.
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: jough on January 06, 2007, 03:42:12 am
It's not exactly an advertisement.  It's an animated short based on the "philosophy" of the Zune.

I gotta tell you, people -  I'm always wary of consumer goods that come with an ethos.
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: V-Adore on January 06, 2007, 04:07:25 am
Shouldn't the ethos of an MP3 player be "it is fun to carry around music in a shiny little machine and listen to it whenever you want?" Does it really need another ethos, all setting up for a massive Ciceronian oration on Music In The Public Sphere?
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: linnea on January 06, 2007, 04:07:36 am
Dude, I thought that Tycho (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/01/03) was the only guy who actually bought one of those?
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: robot_god on January 06, 2007, 04:22:23 am
My bud asked for "an mp3 player" and got a Zune for Christmas.  His illegal version of Windows will not allow him to use the software required to transfer files to the player.  However, the screen on the Zune dominates any screen I've ever seen on an iPod, but I haven't seen the latest of iPods.

But to tell you the truth, it looks pretty cool.  I would definitly get one if I lived in Manhattan, because you'd probably run into people all the time.  But they would only have corny music, anyway.  On second thought, I probably wouldn't get it, because everyone listens to crap.

Anyway, that commercial is good.  I think everyone needs more of that shit, maybe they'd listen to better music.
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: wombat on January 06, 2007, 05:37:21 pm

I gotta tell you, people -  I'm always wary of consumer goods that come with an ethos.

Me too. Especially an ethos that seems to encourage vomiting eyeballs onto walking c*ckes.
Title: Re: Well this makes me want to run right out and buy a Zune
Post by: vivouk on January 07, 2007, 03:55:09 pm
This is what sex is like in my nightmares.