The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: linnea on January 06, 2007, 11:26:47 pm

Title: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: linnea on January 06, 2007, 11:26:47 pm
Ooh, this game has me totally hooked. A friend of mine said something about the Gorillaz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorillaz), and I had to check the intarwub to find out about them. I've still not heard their music, but the idea of a virtual band was pretty weird. They have a really intricate website.

On their site they have this frikkin' addictive mahjongg game. I LOVE IT. You guys should try it. I've spent endless hours playing it. The tiles are cute, but some of them are a little annoying. My favorite is the I <3 YOKO tile. :)

http://www.gorillaz.com/item.php?N=mahjong&URL=mahjong
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: side_show on January 07, 2007, 06:00:03 pm
Yeah I like the Gorilliaz.  They had a fairly significant hit with Fell Good Inc. which was used in lots of T.V. and film promos, so I'm willing to bet you heard em' even if you think you haven't.  I still spin their first disk every so often.  I've been a fan of Jamie Hewlett since I worked at the comic shop back in in the Tank Girl days.  Great art.

Their first CD included some special features like a scrolling game where you were Noodle trying to save all the other memebers of the band.  It was really hard - I never beat it, but it was nice looking.
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: linnea on January 08, 2007, 12:38:00 am
Yeah I like the Gorilliaz.  They had a fairly significant hit with Fell Good Inc. which was used in lots of T.V. and film promos, so I'm willing to bet you heard em' even if you think you haven't.  I still spin their first disk every so often.  I've been a fan of Jamie Hewlett since I worked at the comic shop back in in the Tank Girl days.  Great art.

Their first CD included some special features like a scrolling game where you were Noodle trying to save all the other memebers of the band.  It was really hard - I never beat it, but it was nice looking.


Wow! I had read a little bit about Hewett's involvement with the Gorillaz, and I find it intriguing because I loved Tank Girl so much. When I get paid again I'll have to check them out on iTunes.
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 08, 2007, 01:26:23 am
Are there record shops in rural Alaska? 
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: linnea on January 08, 2007, 01:50:23 am
Are there record shops in rural Alaska? 

We have a few grocers here and I think that they stock some CDs. I'll have to check.
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: jough on January 08, 2007, 05:26:40 am
Thank the Gods for MP3s and downloads, huh?

I got the two Gorillaz albums because the dude from Blur is in the band, but I only listened to them a little bit before losing interest.  I'm not so into white guy hip-hop.

Are they actually good?
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: side_show on January 08, 2007, 02:03:42 pm
It's hard to say.  It's sort of embarassing to like them.  They're very catchy, I'll give them that.  I like Hewlett.  Otherwise, I could take em or leave em.
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 08, 2007, 09:57:21 pm
Their first album had its moments for sure.  I barely listened to the second because it was boring.
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 13, 2007, 02:18:19 am
We have a few grocers here and I think that they stock some CDs. I'll have to check.

The local General Store in Prudhoe Bay (http://colvilleinc.com/store.html) had a copy of Klark Kent's album. (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:kmh1z82aoyv2)
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: linnea on January 13, 2007, 02:46:09 am
The local General Store in Prudhoe Bay (http://colvilleinc.com/store.html) had a copy of Klark Kent's album. (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:kmh1z82aoyv2)

What the hell were you doing up in Prudhoe Bay? Or did you just find the website?
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 13, 2007, 02:48:17 am
What the hell were you doing up in Prudhoe Bay? Or did you just find the website?

We TALKED about this! (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,185.msg2119.html#msg2119)
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: linnea on January 13, 2007, 03:13:18 am
We TALKED about this! (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,185.msg2119.html#msg2119)

Whoa! I just noticed that your addy is ... are you working at the field in Deadhoss? Daaaamn! Deepest darkest indeed.
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: jaydub on January 15, 2007, 05:20:08 pm
We TALKED about this! (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,185.msg2119.html#msg2119)

Man, that was a looong time ago.  All talking about Saddam as a free man.  Osama's still out there though.
Title: Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 15, 2007, 09:14:43 pm
Man, that was a looong time ago.  All talking about Saddam as a free man.  Osama's still out there though.

Who-sama? What did he ever do to anyone?