The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on January 08, 2007, 02:26:49 am

Title: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: wombat on January 08, 2007, 02:26:49 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01082007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01082007)

Ominous.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: jough on January 08, 2007, 02:43:54 am
They're going to make poor Nice Pete cry, making fun of him like that.

Poor guy.  He just wants to play good music, like the kind men would play.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: V-Adore on January 08, 2007, 02:48:34 am
I personally would have called this thread "THE SEMEN OF THE DEMON ICED THE DEATH-CAKES ONE BY ONE," but really, there's no losing in this game.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: wombat on January 08, 2007, 02:55:20 am
But there is a limit on the length of thread titles, I think? I recall being frustrated by this in the past.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: linnea on January 08, 2007, 03:12:48 am
What is NP doing up there? Is he also smoking on the roof?
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: theinevitable on January 08, 2007, 03:54:12 am
I dig this one, I think.

but it sucks when people talk about you sucking at music behind your back. You always hear about it later, in my experience.

And then they kick you out of their band (and make out with your girlfriend? a year later?). Jerks.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 08, 2007, 04:02:36 am
My bands name is The Happy Cheminal (THC- my vote) or Carpet (the other guy right nows vote).  The third member gets back from studying in Russia in less than a week, so all will be solved (hopefully).

I think Nice Pete is smoking a cigarette, as that looks like a zippo kind of.  You don't smoke bowls with zippos, so it is either a joint or a cig.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: oball on January 08, 2007, 04:15:23 am
I think he's holding a pipe in his right hand (left of picture) and a lighter in the other.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 08, 2007, 04:19:13 am
yeah, that is definately a possibility to.  I guess he IS getting ready for band practice, after all.

Edit:  And you are right.  I mistook his goatee thing as something coming out of his mouth.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: coldfrog on January 08, 2007, 04:48:38 am
If something were to be rent in twain by twain, is that fourths, or is that the enraged spirit of mark twain, as resurrected by the enraged spirit of Lewis Carroll, only rending it into halves?

Do you think Nice Pete somehow got involved with Ray's Evil Banjo (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03012005)?  They have a lot in common.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: DanSC on January 08, 2007, 05:02:50 am
I wouldn't have pegged NP for the smoke-a-bowl-on-the-roof type.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: linnea on January 08, 2007, 05:11:10 am
I wouldn't have guessed NP to be a weed-smoking man at all. Then again, he did make pruno in jail, so maybe he is down with recreating via toxins. Do you think that he actually mellows out when he smokes, or does he just get creepier and even more paranoid?

Ominous indeed, omba.

Have we talked about all the bad guys in the Achewood universe as having mustaches? Pete's freaky banger, Showbiz's mustache, Mantonio...
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 08, 2007, 07:37:11 am
Stone-cold psychos do whatever they need to do so as to close out the voices.

Prune vodka, street weed, snorting Sleepytime Tea, whatever gets one through the night.

I, for example, took twice the recommended dosage of an over-the-counter sleep-aid. This is how very slightly crazy people block out the very tiny voices. It's how it's done. It's all a matter of scale.

Also: I love the term "elf-rock" so incredibly much as I'm convinced heavy metal is the funniest thing ever. More people should make reference to "elf-rock". This is what strips like this are awesome for.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: robot_god on January 08, 2007, 07:46:53 am
He's smoking a meth pipe.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: linnea on January 08, 2007, 02:53:08 pm
He's smoking a meth pipe.

Oh GOD. That would explain a thing or two. He is from West Virginia, after all.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: CortJstr on January 08, 2007, 03:33:06 pm
Oh GOD. That would explain a thing or two. He is from West Virginia, after all.

And according to Slate we are in the midst of a meth fake-ademic
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: theinevitable on January 08, 2007, 06:30:57 pm
St Louis-- Meth Capital of the World! (or, so I've heard.)
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 08, 2007, 09:36:03 pm
I have heard that eastern Oklahoma is the meth capital of the world, so maybe St Louis is since, you know, it is a town with more than like 2000 people in it that is pretty close to where alot of meth is made. 

Anyhow, I don't know if that is a meth pipe, it would be really fuck*ng hot, so maybe it is like one of those meth bubbler things, but other than that I don't see it.  That, or, Onstad doesn't take into account meth physics, which is definately possible.  Or Nice Pete gets off on burning himself, also a possibility.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: theinevitable on January 08, 2007, 09:46:08 pm
yeah, for real. Don't they do that? I seem to recall "burns on hands" being a sign of meth use. Or is that Crack? I forget. Maybe both.
Title: Re: THE FURY OF THE MOME RATH January 8 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 08, 2007, 09:55:45 pm
from my understanding (i usually stick to fun drugs) it would be both.