The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: LCB on January 09, 2007, 01:17:42 am

Title: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: LCB on January 09, 2007, 01:17:42 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01092007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01092007)

So, that's how you'd write out someone beatboxing. Perfect.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: wombat on January 09, 2007, 01:47:51 am
Hip-hobbit!
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: vivouk on January 09, 2007, 01:54:39 am
Hip-hobbit!

Just about to write the same thing!  :D
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: CortJstr on January 09, 2007, 02:17:40 am
This is the correct thread title.

And if raps about Adult Swim can be successful then why not this?
Title: nerdcore
Post by: ChainMale69 on January 09, 2007, 03:02:55 am
 http://www.nerdcoreforlife.com/

s'allready in effect, B
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 09, 2007, 03:21:58 am
I propose we start making up -core types of music and start namechecking them to confuse scensters at record stores and indie clubs, in hopes that they'll start playing along.

How about apecore?

Perhaps we'll say it is particularly primal punk music wherein gorilla masks are worn symbolically.

The bandnames would be fun to come up with:

The Aped Crusaders
Does The Carpet Match The Apes?
Aping Chest Wound
Apes of Wrath
Ape of the Neck
Statutory Ape
Reel-to-Reel Ape

etc.

I'm not married to the apecore idea. I'm just sick of the whole "core" thing.

Scenesters give us actual-music-snobs a bad name.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: V-Adore on January 09, 2007, 03:35:10 am
The saddest thing is that, technically, The Lords of the Rhymes (http://www.lordsoftherhymes.com/) already exist. Nonetheless, they don't generally sing about boiling logs, so I think it can still work.

I would gladly play in an apecore band, for the record. I would prefer Ape Nehi as a name, though.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: CortJstr on January 09, 2007, 03:36:36 am
I watch the pages of Green Day and My Chemical Romance over on last.fm for fun. It's really amusing to see 10 people change the genre 10 times in a single day. Some people really, really care whether Green Day is pop-punk or punk-pop. Then somebody will change it to just punk. Calling Green Day "punk" is the hipster version of chumming the water.

I propose nes-core. All songs about video games. Relating a subject to hedgehogs is the most henious insult imaginable. The real nes-core bands somehow reference Shigeru Miyamoto in their names.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: robot_god on January 09, 2007, 03:41:25 am
NES-core has already been used to describe bands, the only one I know being called "H O R S E the band" who are actually an excellent band.  Synth player uses an NES-like tone.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 09, 2007, 03:48:18 am
Quote from: V-Adore
I would gladly play in an apecore band, for the record. I would prefer Ape Nehi as a name, though.

As long as I can be Apertunity Knox.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: jaydub on January 09, 2007, 04:36:27 am
I like how Teodor's stony-eyes are smaller diameter versions of his normal ones.  Works better than bloodshot in the achewood style.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: theinevitable on January 09, 2007, 06:01:24 am
man. I once came up with "G#core"-- every note of every song was a G#.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: coldfrog on January 09, 2007, 07:16:59 am
Crush mindless drones of the ancient green turtle/
The princess's loins had better be fertile

AAAIIIIIGHT!
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 09, 2007, 08:48:34 am
Quote from: coldfrog
Crush mindless drones of the ancient green turtle/
The princess's loins had better be fertile

I just can't imagine elf-rock... or hip-hobbit or even magic-the-squaredancing... ending on polysyllables like "fertile" or "turtle". It doesn't strike me as being in the tradition of "songs about reading Heavy Metal magazine when other people were dating" songs which, of course, started in the metal tradition.

CORE/WHORE
BREAD/DEAD
TOWARD/SWORD

These things sound like the ends of lines of death metal songs. Gutteral, y'know?

And while orc-core is no longer JUST speed metal about broad swords and chain mail strategically placed over the nipple and nothing else... the influence, I'd think, would still be there.

"crush dire-wolves and plunder their FUR/the princess's loins had better be PURE" might be closer, perhaps. I'm not saying it's perfect, I just think that a man who owns more than one shirt with a dragon on it would probably prefer it.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: Roger on January 09, 2007, 11:04:19 am
As far as I can tell, I think this guy (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:y9d0yl4oxpnb) is the Orc-est Orc-Metal has ever gotten:

(http://www.the-gothicworld.de/_reviews/2005-06/14wgt_mortiis.jpg)
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: dejavroom on January 09, 2007, 12:17:14 pm
This... might... just... work... Orcs can't rock and elves just mince around (they can't headbang it messes up their golden locks it drives elven moms MAD). But I can totally picture an Orc beatboxing while an elf nearby flails his arms, all menacing looks and thuggish-like, all pose and no real threat. And - and hobbit feet, my God they're PERFECT for breakdancing (stability, grip etc). Makes one wish that "lord of the bling blings" hadn't been used already in countless parodies elsewheres =/.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: CortJstr on January 09, 2007, 01:58:20 pm
man. I once came up with "G#core"-- every note of every song was a G#.

Quote from: Adam Brodsky
My advice to you songwriters out there is to always write a G in between verses to get yourself situated. Even if your song's in E-sharp-flat-minor.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: slink on January 09, 2007, 05:41:05 pm
Ape Vigoda?

I've just had The Battle of Evermore stuck in my head since the first of these strips.
Title: Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
Post by: Hyberboil on January 15, 2007, 03:27:11 am
Here's the trailer for the Nerdcore rap documentary.  You'll see some rapping hobbit action in there.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8VTmy5clHk