The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: AugustWest on January 11, 2007, 09:37:19 pm

Title: Because we're all about education
Post by: AugustWest on January 11, 2007, 09:37:19 pm
Look Around You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LqYBncyKpM)
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: smick on January 11, 2007, 09:45:10 pm
What's the largest number you can think of?
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: Drygioni on January 11, 2007, 10:03:54 pm
British educational science programmes are actually a lot like this. (EDIT: No shit, Sherlock, it's a satire. Perhaps I should have worded it: British educational science programmes are EXACTLY like this.)

By the way, if you have not seen the Day Today or Brass Eye, they follow in the same vein as this, but instead satirise media rather than innocent school programming. They are fuck*ng hilarious.
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: innes on January 12, 2007, 12:15:13 am
The BASIC program has a syntax error. What are they teaching our children??
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: theinevitable on January 12, 2007, 12:52:11 am
the water has changed color from Invisible to Brown.
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: Nabubrush on January 12, 2007, 04:41:42 am
Aitch twenty?

I quite liked the igloo - y'know, being from Alaska and all.
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2007, 04:51:24 am
Youngest West and I watched all 8 of these tonight.  We heartily endorse them.
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: Nabubrush on January 12, 2007, 04:54:22 am
Pilk!
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2007, 05:00:01 am
Pilk!

Died, I almost did.
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: slink on January 14, 2007, 09:32:43 am
I ended up downloading these (and the second series, which I don't thinkis included in the eight...) a while back, having vaguely recalled them from TV. I do like Serafinowicz, who crops up in a fair amount. And I grew up staying up 'til 4am  watching Open University programs regularly, which OK,  tended to be slightly higher brow than the 'for schools' programming, but of about the same standard of production (though with infiitely more amusing hair styles, and often not white lab coats to fall back on).
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: innes on January 14, 2007, 11:50:03 am
I wonder... surely... yes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COsIDP1fY90&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI0vtKJaCg0&mode=related&search=

(I defy anyone to resist swaying happily from side to side when watching the second one)
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: vivouk on January 14, 2007, 07:01:59 pm
By the way, if you have not seen the Day Today or Brass Eye, they follow in the same vein as this, but instead satirise media rather than innocent school programming. They are fuck*ng hilarious.

Can for recommending the brilliance of Chris Morris.
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: Muse_Of_Fire on January 23, 2007, 03:01:07 am
This made my day. I was sort of feeling rotten and now it's all better.


Thants. Thants so much.

:)
Title: Re: Because we're all about education
Post by: Muse_Of_Fire on February 02, 2007, 05:34:06 am
Okay... I can't stop watching them. I can't stop!

Incidentally, I'd love to have either the Look Around You opening theme music, or the "Little penis" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYfBTXiurDs) song from this segment as my ringtone.

Anyone have suggestions for how to acquire them and get them small enough for my cell?

Edit: I found "Little penis." Still need to shrink it for my cell, though. Now to look for the LAY theme! To the intarwebs!