The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on January 12, 2007, 01:27:09 am
-
How often has this happened to you? Stupid device drivers.
[Ahem:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01122007
YOU of all people should know BETTER!]
-
So much for Mac ease of use.
-
I tend to have more problems updating ones that were working OK already.
Teodor's legs are creepy small. I never really noticed before.
-
Teodor's legs are creepy small. I never really noticed before.
It must be weird when your legs are about the same girth as your c*ck.
Fig. 1 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01252002)
-
Well, they ARE going down this part of the road, huh?
Interesting.
-
Oh god... this makes that scene from Pulp Fiction look tame in comparison.
-
I guess the vote counting knife-through-heart machine isn't plug-n-play compatible. Also, Hi everyone.
-
A friend of mine went to film school at A-CAP and... I was in the TV/Film programme at Syracuse... and the two of us would occasionally speak of starting a production company named after both of those schools, Tisch and Newhouse.
The mascot, Tisch Newhouse, would be an animation of a stereotypical sorority bimbo (possibly in a cheerleader outfit because, really, why the hell not?) drunkenly slumping through the frame swinging a 16MM camera which she can barely lift.
She would giggle, say "I can make movies!"... fall on her ass, breaking the camera and then say:
"Daddy will buy me another."
And then the logo would come up... and so forth.
I guess what I'm asking is, are you named A-CAP because you go there/went there?
Or is there some other story behind it?
(I've also considered "Shingle Productions" so that the douches at Variety would call it "the Shingle shingle" and it would be as though I'd defeated all the bastards who throw around antiquated jargon just to seem like they're in the know, forever and ever.)
-
At the risk of going O.T. in basically my first hour, yea I go to A-CAP. But I'm not gay, I study economics... Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, or going to film school. Or that going to film school implies homosexuality or vice versa.
-
man, Film school. Yet another thing my school does not have that would let me be a pretentious douche moreso than I already do. I would dig taking some film classes. (I took a film analysis class, but... that isn't the same.)
-
Welcome A-CAP.
-
man, Film school. Yet another thing my school does not have that would let me be a pretentious douche moreso than I already do. I would dig taking some film classes. (I took a film analysis class, but... that isn't the same.)
You aren't a pretentious douche now and you certainly shouldn't aspire to be one. Also, pretentious douchery transcends media. There are pretentious douche filmmakers for sure, but there are a proportional quantity of pretentious douche poets, painters, dancers, architects, cellists, lawyers, stockbrokers, programmers, plumbers, firemen and astronauts. Pretentious douchery knows no bounds!
-
Impossible to believe. Ray won the GOF. No way Nice Pete can overpower him.
DISCONTINUE NOT PLAUSIBLE
-
If Nice Pete invented the software and device, why is he reading a user manual, and why can't he figure out how to use it...
-
Impossible to believe. Ray won the GOF. No way Nice Pete can overpower him.
DISCONTINUE NOT PLAUSIBLE
Yeah, but you also have to take into account that beef helped him to a major degree, AND that Nice Pete gets hella pissed when people dislike his ideas. Not to mention that ray and T hit some pretty sweet green.
-
If Nice Pete invented the software and device, why is he reading a user manual, and why can't he figure out how to use it...
He just dreamed it up. Engineers worked out the details.
-
Pete's more elaborate murder devices are a lot like much of Stephen King's lesser work.
He comes up with the idea, his wife writes most of it and then he comes in at the end and puts on a few signature flourishes to match up with the rest of his body of work.
Except, since Pete doesn't have a wife, the "Stephen King's wife" role is filled by someone he is threatening to kill who knows how to invent things.
-
Nice Pete really blew it on this device. Replace that knife with a c*ck, and turn it inside-out. You now have a device where people can vote over the internet whether or not to give you an artificial erection. That sort of invention would make him an overnight millionaire.
-
aug-- I was kidding, I just think it would be cool to take classes. I could be a major pretentious douche, without -any- Film classes.
-
A little dissappointed we didn't get a moment or a "reaction shot" if you will, where Teodor and Ray realize Nice Pete overheard them, but otherwise I'm satisfied with this strip.
-
This strip clarified a lot for me. I didn't really understand Pete's invention until I saw it. Previously, I was picturing something that people would buy and attach to their own computers, and then it would stab them in the heart at the whims of the internet. Kind of an elaborate suicide. I didn't really think of it as a weapon. makes more sense now.
-
so
i guess the logical next step would be to get us - the readers - to vote - n'est pas?
-
Now wait just a god damned minute.
Ray may be a dude of gravity, but he's in good shape. And T, well he's a dude that's around. How did Nice Pete kidnap both of them and get them, both, into his wall-bondage apparatus with no signs of stuggle?
I know that in Achewood you have to let a few details fall through the grating, but... ah nevermind, actually.
That being said. . .
. . .best arc ever?
-
. . .best arc ever?
Well, it's building up nicely, but it'll have to work pretty hard to top the GOF, which to me was probably one of the biggest moments ever. Two dudes against three trucks, beating the odds to stand triumphantly and have a blog written about them. RAZE THE EARTH!
-
Yeah, but you also have to take into account that beef helped him to a major degree, AND that Nice Pete gets hella pissed when people dislike his ideas. Not to mention that ray and T hit some pretty sweet green.
Plus focus is not exactly Ray's strong suit even when sober. [edit: unless maybe nachos are at stake]
tI, have you considered the drama or music departments? Now there are places to get your pretention on old school.
-
2nd best to GOF is when Beef & Ray died. Did that arc ever have a name ? How about The Hell Cycle
-
2nd best to GOF is when Beef & Ray died. Did that arc ever have a name ? How about The Hell Cycle
The StoryArc drop-down just calls it "Ray goes to Hell"
-
WTF is wrong with my friends:
I am attempting to sneak dress shoes out of the house, because a guy I know is having a Formal cocktail party. Is dropping them out the window going too far?
Why can we not drink in normal clothes?
I think I talked about this before. When I was a late teen, I and my other underage friends would have a formal christmas party every year. Every year the cops would show up to a house full of respectable young adults, and even though they were underage/drunk/high, they'd tell us to have a nice night, and maybe think about turning the volume down a smidge.
Best plan ever.
-
I think I talked about this before. When I was a late teen, I and my other underage friends would have a formal christmas party every year. Every year the cops would show up to a house full of respectable young adults, and even though they were underage/drunk/high, they'd tell us to have a nice night, and maybe think about turning the volume down a smidge.
Best plan ever.
On the same topic, a friend of mine has also a best plan ever to avoid confrontational situations with the Man, specifically when when driving under an assorted variety of influences (here in Rio the police is always on the street running what we call "blitzes" - short for "blitzkrieg" [1] - where they will stop cars on the street to inspect the passengers and the vehicle).
You basically, you know, shove your finger up your nose, turn the lights on and pass by the police barrier as slowly as you can. With your finger up you nose, really giving it a wiggle there. This has to do, my friend's theory goes, with the fact that people who go about their businesses calmly digging for gold up their nose cannot possibly be involved in any stressful, possibly illegal activity at that time. It's just the epitome of relaxed detachment, and he never got stopped not even once, he says - I have been in his car three or four times already while passing by one of those blitzes and we never had to stop. I remember trying to help it doing some nose exploration myself, but apparently the strength of this method is not cumulative and I was told on the spot to drop it, 'cos I was "giving it away".
[1] - yeah it's a misappropriation of the original meaning but we brazilians are cute and sexy and we answer to smug semantical correctness with the cadenced swing of our tanned hips
-
That wouldn't work in the US. Legally at traffice stops like that they are required to stop every single car so that it's fair. And if it were a regular old speed trap then he wouldn't have time to notice finger postion.
-
(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/card2.jpg)
Wasting my day off on the Internet. Make your own vandalized card catalog card here. (http://www.blyberg.net/card-generator/) But have you kids even ever seen a library card catalog? Sigh.
-
(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/card2.jpg)
Wasting my day off on the Internet. Make your own vandalized card catalog card here. (http://www.blyberg.net/card-generator/) But have you kids even ever seen a library card catalog? Sigh.
Siiiiigh.
-
That wouldn't work in the US. Legally at traffice stops like that they are required to stop every single car so that it's fair.
That's balls - you americans with your "fairness" this and that. Down here it's kind of a lottery type of thing where the cops are supposed to use their finely hahahoned skills to halt only potentially suspect cars. It's funny how hard it is to keep a composed face when you're in the vicinity of well-oiled Kalashnikovs, this I can tell.
-
man, the party ended up being hell of lame. Only like 4 people were dressed up, and when we got there these guys were wrestling on the front porch.
it was a bad scene all around. A lot of "ARE YOU TALKING TO ME, ASSHOLE!?" I wasn't really scared, I just laughed. And then it turned into this horrible scene where people were totally freaking out for no good reason, which was weird. Everyone was mad at the two guys who were wrestling, and telling them to leave... but they had stopped, and were just standing there talking. This one girl, though... wow. I wanted to punch her right in her bitchy little mouth. If the guys are drunkenly screaming at each other, and then stop, it seems like screaming at them more is a horrible, horrible idea.
I love punk people. I love them.
my favorite:
1: "andy, you're a fuck*ng douchebag. I hate you. You aren't my friend anymore... i come over here, and you kick me out? What am I even doing anymore? fuck you, dude. fuck you."
2: "Yeah, andy! you suck! Fuck you, dude, you're a fuck*ng hippy prick. I hate you, and I hate your friends, I hope you all die."
1: "Dude, WHAT did you just say to my man Andy? Who the fuck do you think you are? FUCK YOU! I can say that shit because he's my friend! GET THE FUCK OUT, ASSHOLE!"
and it just devolved from there. Andy just kind of stood there looking upset the whole time.
my favorite was when he told this one guy (#2) "dude... I didn't invite you. And you aren't my friend."
-
Oh god... this makes that scene from Pulp Fiction look tame in comparison.
You beat me to it with the Pulp Fiction reference.
Zed? Maynard. Spider done caught a couple flies.
-
[1] - yeah it's a misappropriation of the original meaning but we brazilians are cute and sexy and we answer to smug semantical correctness with the cadenced swing of our tanned hips
Screw Brazil! You with your painful genital waxing and speaking a gibberish butchered version of Castillian, the finest language on God's earth.
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO LOSE TO FRANCE?
-
But have you kids even ever seen a library card catalog? Sigh.
I have a card catalog in my house.
-
I have a card catalog in my house.
No! Really?
-
Yes. It is not, however, an accurate or current index of the books in the house. Instead we mostly use it for anything you would consider a large number of long, narrow drawers with labels on the front useful for.
It is a nice-looking piece of furniture, though.
-
My dad has about 300 audio tapes (both actual albums and bootlegged copies) that he's been lugging around the world since the 70s, and they are all numbered, with a handy index card box in case you need to locate a certain tape.
-
Yes. It is not, however, an accurate or current index of the books in the house. Instead we mostly use it for anything you would consider a large number of long, narrow drawers with labels on the front useful for.
How do you not re-enact that scene from Ghostbusters, like, all the time?
That would be the major peril of owning such a device, I'd imagine.
-
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO LOSE TO FRANCE?
It felt funny, actually. But I can`t say I`m with the majority in this issue here.
-
i'd like to think that pat will save the day here. probably not in an heroic way, but in a way that is accidental. you know, he'll come in when pete's got the knife thingy ready to go... pete will get distracted, and BAM, the knife cuts their binds rather than their, you know, rad chilies.
-
What's up with the (presumably leather) belt on the knife drive? Not being a Mac user, I'm not familiar with how Apple peripherals are racked.
-
I think that the leather straps add an appropriately creepy vibe to Pete's invention.
-
What's up with the (presumably leather) belt on the knife drive? Not being a Mac user, I'm not familiar with how Apple peripherals are racked.
I think its more for attachment to the knifee than any racking sort of thing. Strap it to the belly for lots of sado-fun - strap it to the chest for efficiency.
-
I think its more for attachment to the knifee than any racking sort of thing. Strap it to the belly for lots of sado-fun - strap it to the chest for efficiency.
"Knifee" is my new word for the day, and a can for that.