The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: JorgeFabregas on January 16, 2007, 02:06:20 am
-
Is Nice Pete mortally wounded, or is this just going to be an egg-beater lobotomy that changes his behavior?
-
Holy crap! This strip is pretty savage, even by Achewood standards. I can't help but thing Nice Pete isn't quite dead, though, because that knife didn't dig very deep.
-
Success.
-
It seems like becoming very angry at something trivial is akin to a death wish around Achewood.
Leo Fontanette, etc.
-
Their expressions in the last panel are just lovely.
-
In "Dune", fear is the mind killer.
In "Achewood", anger is the slightly-anthropomorphized cat killer.
So it should be.
-
Hooray! Fuck you Nice Pete.
That plus the thread title is perfection itself.
-
Apparently quick cam drivers default the vote for murder to "Yes". If only Pete had looked a little harder for the correct drivers, he wouldn't have ended up in such a pickle. This should teach you the dangers of non-plug and play devices.
-
It seems like becoming very angry at something trivial is akin to a death wish around Achewood.
Leo Fontanette, etc.
You get a can for King Friday XIII
-
Their expressions in the last panel are just lovely.
Yes. Also indicative of their personalities. While T's eye's are squinched shut, Ray is watching with a mixture of confusion, disgust and relief.
-
In "Dune", fear is the mind killer.
In "Achewood", anger is the slightly-anthropomorphized cat killer.
So it should be.
And roller skates are the herald of Death Itself
At first I typed "Hood Himself" I need to take a break from reading these Malazan books.
-
It took me a moment to realize that the lines on the blade in panel six represented motion, rather than some sort of wood grain. That might have been a bit too sadistic even by Nice Pete's standards.
Does anyone else have trouble visualizing how Nice Pete could have fallen over such that the device would still be running at blade's-length from his head? Has he fallen forward onto the device? Whatever the case, my guess is that he will survive, if only because a "Nice Pete in Heaven" kind of story arc doesn't really sound like it would work all that well.
-
Whatever the case, my guess is that he will survive, if only because a "Nice Pete in Heaven" kind of story arc doesn't really sound like it would work all that well.
What about Nice Pete in Hell? Wouldn't that present some interesting possibilities?
-
What about Nice Pete in Hell? Wouldn't that present some interesting possibilities?
Yeah, like Nice Pete running people over GTA-style in his shiny new Subaru Brat.
-
acidental corpus callosotomy?
-
Nice Pete in Hell strikes me as being a bit redundant. The creepiness of the character and the setting would just blend together without any obvious straight guy to make it stand out. There's also the issue that if Nice Pete dies and the story follows him into the afterlife, there eventually has to be a way for him to come back. No way are Ray and Téodor gonna bring a convicted mass murderer in for Dr. Andretti to fix up; there'd be too many awkward questions they'd have to answer. Even if Ray were to pull his clout with the police like when he hired him to perform as the Death Sound, Nice Pete would still wind up incarcerated again after he got better. I'm sure Onstad could write his way out of it somehow, but I think it would be more interesting to see how all the other characters try to deal with this anyway, and Nice Pete's actually dying wouldn't really add much to that versus his just being wounded.
-
To get back from Hell you only need a Friendly's (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12232003).
-
To get back from Hell you only need a Friendly's (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12232003).
Yeah, I suppose that's true, and Todd managed without even that. I still think Nice Pete going to Hell would be less interesting than it sounds, though. At least if he went to Heaven he could hang out with Trouble Man and No-No.
-
Rough chuckles at Manor Smuckles =/
-
Lots of deaths lately, between Todd and (maybe) NP. Who's next? Is Todd coming back?
-
I'm wondering why NP is looking for a red light on the business end of the unit, because it would be obscured by the victim.
I also wanted to see how NP would word the death propositions.
-
NP had the "psycho killer" lobe of his brain destroyed by the knife. He will now be know start acting like Ned Flanders. But people will call him Mean Pete.
-
Pat's going to be pissed.
-
Guess this explains what the belt is for. The whole device is to be strapped to the victim.
I found this strip disconcerting.
-
I can't imagine that would've killed NP. I just hope that someone finds them in time, otherwise Teodor and Ray are going to die of dehydration and join Pete in Hell.
-
I can't imagine that would've killed NP. I just hope that someone finds them in time, otherwise Teodor and Ray are going to die of dehydration and join Pete in Hell.
At which point NP would be a boon, since commissioning the murder act would send them back to earth lickety-split.
-
ok, two things:
the front lobe of the brain, if removed, either removes your drive and personality, or your human restraint. I will check this when I am in my room and have that book.
the red light is -for- the victim. To Nice Pete, the red light is necessary.
-
ok, two things:
the front lobe of the brain, if removed, either removes your drive and personality, or your human restraint. I will check this when I am in my room and have that book.
the red light is -for- the victim. To Nice Pete, the red light is necessary.
Removing your right frontal lobe, especially, limits your ability to Gage your behavior's conformance to norms.
-
Bobby, your av still makes me laugh.
-
Removing your right frontal lobe, especially, limits your ability to Gage your behavior's conformance to norms.
Hahaha! Psychology pun! Yay!
Okay. Back to lurking.
-
At which point NP would be a boon, since commissioning the murder act would send them back to earth lickety-split.
The Murder Act only works in Heaven, probably because no killin' of any sort is allowed up there under normal circumstances. In Hell, I would imagine that the idea is that you can be murdered over and over without dying at the Devil's whim.
-
Removing your right frontal lobe, especially, limits your ability to Gage your behavior's conformance to norms.
A can for the Phineas Gage allusion.