The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on January 17, 2007, 01:13:41 am

Title: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: jough on January 17, 2007, 01:13:41 am
Hells yeah it would.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01172007

So do they kill Nice Pete or not?
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: Lt. Geyser Shitdick on January 17, 2007, 01:25:24 am
I can't believe the title of this thread isn't "his ass cheek and brain are hella stabbed."

You suck massive cock.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 17, 2007, 01:26:41 am
The angry cat was unaware that his friends had a valid excuse.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: CortJstr on January 17, 2007, 01:33:14 am
Did anybody else see a yelling cat and just assume it was Pat? Then you see what he's saying and look at the actual picture and realize that it's not.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: theinevitable on January 17, 2007, 01:46:24 am
cute, I love this one.

Also, I love Greek Food, but that so far is really only extended to Gyros.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: dejavroom on January 17, 2007, 01:53:09 am
Did anybody else see a yelling cat and just assume it was Pat? Then you see what he's saying and look at the actual picture and realize that it's not.

Yep, same here. I am loving this strip so much right now.

Also: Ray is actually making a point here when he chooses to say ass-cheek first and then brain.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: AugustWest on January 17, 2007, 02:09:01 am
cute, I love this one.

Also, I love Greek Food, but that so far is really only extended to Gyros.

You need to go eat at the Olympia Tavern on McCausland.  Tasty!
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: AugustWest on January 17, 2007, 02:09:27 am
Beef has the ouzo drinkin' eyebrows going on.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: wombat on January 17, 2007, 02:16:58 am
I somehow missed the fact that this was all going on in the house, instead of some Nice Pete dungeon somewhere. I would have been much less concerned.

Also, what's with posting the cartoons the night before all the time? It's almost like he's got some kind of work ethic or something. Disconcerting.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: V-Adore on January 17, 2007, 02:32:04 am
I really wish that "his ass cheek and brain are hella stabbed" was a more generally applicable phrase, because I would use it all the time. Also, Ray's Suggestion(tm) is classic. Suave, Mr. Smuckles; very suave.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: wombat on January 17, 2007, 02:35:31 am
Now that you mention it, I wish this strip had been a couple of weeks earlier when I would have had the opportunity to say "WHERE ARE ALL OF THE ASSHOLES WHO ARE NOT EATING MY MOUSSAKA!"  But it's too much work to make it again so soon.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: evan on January 17, 2007, 02:36:07 am
Also, what's with posting the cartoons the night before all the time? It's almost like he's got some kind of work ethic or something. Disconcerting.

Totally. It's nice to wake up and find a new comic with which to start the day- but I can't help but read it when it comes up in my RSS reader. I'll just have to learn to deal with it, I guess.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: linnea on January 17, 2007, 04:01:29 am
Awesome. BEEF saves the day.

Guys, just leave NP in a pool of blood on the floor. Humanity will be much better served without him. You fellas are smart, it probably isn't that hard to dispose of a body.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: coldfrog on January 17, 2007, 04:10:16 am
From the previous comic's discussion:
Quote
It seems like becoming very angry at something trivial is akin to a death wish around Achewood.

Leo Fontanette, etc.

This means that it is again Beef's turn to die?  (I have not had moussaka so I cannot determine how trivial it is whether or not you have some)
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: Sub_Topical on January 17, 2007, 04:19:07 am
Why did they stop the SPLUT SPLUT SPLUT?

It is a solution is all I'm saying is all...
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: linnea on January 17, 2007, 04:22:28 am
From the previous comic's discussion:
This means that it is again Beef's turn to die?  (I have not had moussaka so I cannot determine how trivial it is whether or not you have some)

Moussaka is a very involved dish that takes a while to prepare, especially since Beef is the kind of guy who is a little obsessive and has been doing this ever since he was a wee laddie, so he must prepare a goddamned delicious moussaka.

Heh... remember when he had Weldon (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11172004), and he was saying, "Okay Weldon now comes the part where we brown the lamb for the moussaka! Ain't that fun boy! Ain't that fun huh!"

And then he tried to sneak a Ziploc bag of moussaka (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10132004) into the movie theatre...

My point is that Beef and moussaka go way back. If he's going through all the trouble of spending all day to cook some, you'd better goddamned well have some.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: coldfrog on January 17, 2007, 04:26:33 am
I remember the thing with Weldon, though I dont' remember about him sneaking some into the theater...  Then again, I am pretty bad at remembering specific details like that.  I guess that's why I read all the comics repeatedly (hooray for books).
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: theinevitable on January 17, 2007, 05:00:29 am
this reminds me of this friend of mine who yelled at me for not eating the soup she made. i have had it multiple times. Every goddamn time we all cook dinner together (more than you'd think) she makes the same thing-- pumpkin soup. it is... kind of good? I don't know. It certainly tastes like pumpkin. And it's always a little too salty. So, overall, it is not good for real. She got so mad, and I kind of thought she was joking until she apologized later. I know that this is exceedingly rude, but I bullshit to make this girl feel better way too often. And I was pretty sick of it.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: Choop on January 17, 2007, 07:21:53 am
Quote from: CortJstr
Did anybody else see a yelling cat and just assume it was Pat? Then you see what he's saying and look at the actual picture and realize that it's not.
Absolutely. The anger present in "I TOLD YOU ASSHOLES" is soooo Pat.

Quote from: wombat
Also, what's with posting the cartoons the night before all the time? It's almost like he's got some kind of work ethic or something. Disconcerting.
Darnit, omba, don't jinx it!

Quote from: AugustWest
Beef has the ouzo drinkin' eyebrows going on.
Oh man those are the biggest regret the next day. Somehow worse than champagne, which is the worst.


Somebody nice, thanks for the links. I have to read the archives more.


Quote from: theinevitable
this reminds me of this friend of mine who yelled at me for not eating the soup she made.
Ain't nobody got no right to continue to serve bad soup. Soup is a starter course, and if it bites it shouldn't be eaten.









IIIIIIII'mmmmmmmmmmmdruuuuuunnnnnnk.   
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: robot_god on January 17, 2007, 07:50:17 am
For a strip like this, (like when a main character suggests euthanising a man), I would personally go with a serious title.  "That evening."  No?  We don't gotta be crackin' jokes all day every day, ya know?  No?

That being said, whether they kill Pete or not,

best arc ever.

2. Road Trip
1. Mister Band
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: innes on January 17, 2007, 12:29:06 pm
Kill NP: He may just come back from Hell even more enraged.
Spare NP: You're potentially stuck with a harmless drooler who needs fed and watered. Annoying but harmless.

Dilemma caused by the Achewood post-death physics model.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: jough on January 17, 2007, 01:01:42 pm
Clearly this is not the Best Arc Ever (BAE) because the influx of n00bs hasn't increased to any significant degree.  The GOF (an acronym I'm sure we all recognise because it is the name of the BAE, or maybe it should be BAAE to be specific, or maybe the Best Achewood Arc of All Time, or BAAAT) clearly holds that distinction.  When the boards are getting 7,000 unique visitors a day again, I'll concede that it's the BAAAT, but in the meantime, you'll just have to strive to make every thread the BATAT.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: dejavroom on January 17, 2007, 01:08:29 pm
Add a final "A" to that and you will have BATATA, which is Portuguese por "potato", which makes me chuckle for all the inanest reasons...
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: jough on January 17, 2007, 01:18:19 pm
Best Achewood Thread of All Time, Asshole
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: dejavroom on January 17, 2007, 01:36:06 pm
Bada-bing!
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 17, 2007, 03:43:55 pm
Spare NP: You're potentially stuck with a harmless drooler who needs fed and watered. Annoying but harmless.

Meh.  Not like Ray couldn't afford to hire round-the-clock home-based nursing care.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: coldfrog on January 17, 2007, 04:00:39 pm
I just realized this:

Quote
Killin' is a special thing ... you do when you want someone to die.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04082003 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04082003)

It's sad to see that Nice Pete, like so many artists, has had to subvert his practice to meet popular demand.  Just because everyone else thinks it should be so doesn't make it special.  He deserves to get hella stabbed in the ass cheek and brain.  He is the George Lucas of murder.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: robofunk on January 17, 2007, 04:58:43 pm
These are not cold blooded dudes, he will survive.

He'll will never be the same however, having just undergone a frontal lobotomy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontal_lobotomy).
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: side_show on January 17, 2007, 05:18:46 pm
1) Hell yes moussaka is all about the sauce!  Fuck yeah!

2) I am terrified that they will finish the job on Nice Pete, then Zombie Nice Pete will come back and it will be bad times all around.  I am more worried now than before.

3) I have been furious about meals of effort, and the failure of dinner guests to behave as guests should.  When you have it just fresh made?  And it took you all day to make it? And it's all at the perfect temperature? And your guests were supposed to have arrived 20 minutes ago? And if you put it back in the oven it'll start to dry out, only it's getting cold? And you start nursing the wine? And your stomach is empty because you didn't take a break for lunch because you were so damn into making the dinner?  But if you serve yourself the presentation will be ruined?  And you're surly drunk from the empty stomach/booze combo? 

I have had this sort of rage.  I. Have. Had. This. Rage.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: Roger on January 17, 2007, 05:59:45 pm
Spare NP: You're potentially stuck with a harmless drooler who needs fed and watered. Annoying but harmless.

I'm sure Pat wouldn't mind nursing his ol' buddy for the rest of his vegetative existence.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: jaydub on January 17, 2007, 06:45:29 pm
I'm sure Pat wouldn't mind nursing his ol' buddy for the rest of his vegetative existence.

Spot on.  Pat will dive right into the opportunity for self-serving self-sacrifice.  Oh, the opportunities for indignation that will arise!
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: melack on January 17, 2007, 08:49:05 pm
I really wish Pat had died. A story arc involving Pat in Hell would delight me to no end. All Pat meeting famous murderers of yore, him all questioning his own murdering abilities in the face of such greatness. Then there's Pat meeting famous authors! Imagine Pat running into  Oscar Wilde in Hell! Venemous rage meets witty retorts! Imagine it.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: iron_felix on January 17, 2007, 09:45:15 pm
Ouzo?!  Who drinks Ouzo?

This is the second character to be put out of commission lately.  We haven't seen Todd since he died back in November...  Is Onstad culling the herd?  My money is on Showbiz next if this becomes a trend.

I imagine the heaven/hell story arcs must get progressively harder for Onstad to write, as each time he needs to introduce some new twist.  It would be nice to see more characters go to hell, though, perhaps just as a series of vignettes divorced from the continuity of the actual comic.  A bit like Judas Priest Friday, or those strips where one of the characters is dreaming.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: wombat on January 17, 2007, 10:21:40 pm
Ouzo?!  Who drinks Ouzo?

Greek cartoon cats, obviously!
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: iron_felix on January 17, 2007, 10:34:20 pm
Greek cartoon cats, obviously!

Well, yes, so I'd gather.  Also Matt Damon (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04052002).
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: Gimpson on January 17, 2007, 10:51:49 pm
Well, yes, so I'd gather.  Also Matt Damon (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04052002).

Also, Gimpson at the Overland Park Greek festival immediately before he starts coughing for an hour straight.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: iron_felix on January 17, 2007, 10:58:36 pm
Actually, I've always wanted to try ouzo myself.  I hear it has a flavor similar to pastis.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: coldfrog on January 17, 2007, 11:47:46 pm
Spot on.  Pat will dive right into the opportunity for self-serving self-sacrifice.  Oh, the opportunities for indignation that will arise!

Despite how giving a person Pat is, he probably hasn't forgiven Pete for not killing Todd when he got shanked at Ray's 2000 flushes party.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: jough on January 18, 2007, 01:18:51 am
Cat Cora and her team drink a toast of ouzo at the end of every Iron Chef America battle they fight.
Title: Re: Some moussaka would really hit the spot. - 17 January 2007
Post by: LCB on January 18, 2007, 02:29:53 am
I for one am glad to learn what was making the SPLUT SPLUT SPLUT after Pete had fallen to the floor, and that it wasn't that the Stabbing Machine blade had been driven deeper into his brain.