The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: coldfrog on January 17, 2007, 04:45:08 pm

Title: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: coldfrog on January 17, 2007, 04:45:08 pm
Why oh why is the word ##### made into #s in everyone's posts?  the significance seems to elude me.

EDIT: Egad!  It's permanently removed by the server!  I dooooon't geeeeeet iiiiiiiiit!
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: side_show on January 17, 2007, 05:27:25 pm
Yes, coldfrog, you are missing something.

You have just asked the most frequently asked noob question.

Here is what I think was the most recent discussion of the whole issue. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3281.msg78768/topicseen.html#msg78768)

I had to search hoss fuck*ng to find this one.  This is the only time I have ever searched for hoss fuck*ng -ever- as I made a promise to myself to never wade into that water.
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: Sub_Topical on January 17, 2007, 05:40:40 pm
It goes back before the great diaspora when dumbrella hosted an ache-board and r stevens would do this to shit like ##### or ****** or sandwich or tomato.

It's also a jough fuck*ng around for shits and giggles thing.

It's all basically good.

(Does that stuff still happen over on tems boards, I dropped them like a slick baby outta the bath a while back)
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: Drygioni on January 17, 2007, 06:17:13 pm
Don't forget %%%%%.
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: CortJstr on January 17, 2007, 06:43:19 pm
Don't forget %%%%%.

Judy, if you've actually figured out what that mask is as opposed to just typing % then you deserve so many cans.
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: Fooker on January 18, 2007, 07:32:36 pm
Judy, if you've actually figured out what that mask is as opposed to just typing % then you deserve so many cans.

I will post my 60gb wordlist to the forum just to find out.
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: smick on January 19, 2007, 12:59:29 am
Please don't.
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: linnea on January 19, 2007, 04:15:58 am
Please don't.

fooker, if you post it then there's going to be a Bad Problem.
As our Lord Jesus once said, "Don't be a dick."
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 19, 2007, 05:23:53 am
Aw man, as an old fan of wrestling from knucklehead times, I sure do love witnessing an old-fashioned heel turn go down.

NO, HULKSTER! DON'T PUT THE PRETTY LADY THROUGH THE TABLE! WHY, HULK, WHY? IS IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T TAKE MY HULKAMANIA VITAMINS AND SAY MY HULKAMANIA PRAYERS? I WILL TOTALLY EAT MY VITAMINS, JUST DON'T BE A BAD GUY... I... I just bought the new shirt, man. I... wanna be able to still wear the new shirt. To school. DON'T BE BAD!

(I went through a brief period of time thinking that, yeah, clearly they don't hate each other like that and they're not zombies or plumbers or anything but... I still thought the actual matches were real. Like, I thought they made that part up to make it more interesting but the matches themselves were real. I invented rationalization.)
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: Choop on January 19, 2007, 05:46:32 am
Cort I totally know what the percent signs represent. I just can't come up with the specific word.


Which means it's a totally amazing, perfectly successful substitution of words in my mind.

The next time I think of the *actual* word, unrelated to anything, I'll probably type it out as percent signs.
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: CortJstr on January 19, 2007, 06:01:26 pm
Aw man, as an old fan of wrestling from knucklehead times, I sure do love witnessing an old-fashioned heel turn go down.

NO, HULKSTER! DON'T PUT THE PRETTY LADY THROUGH THE TABLE! WHY, HULK, WHY? IS IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T TAKE MY HULKAMANIA VITAMINS AND SAY MY HULKAMANIA PRAYERS? I WILL TOTALLY EAT MY VITAMINS, JUST DON'T BE A BAD GUY... I... I just bought the new shirt, man. I... wanna be able to still wear the new shirt. To school. DON'T BE BAD!

(I went through a brief period of time thinking that, yeah, clearly they don't hate each other like that and they're not zombies or plumbers or anything but... I still thought the actual matches were real. Like, I thought they made that part up to make it more interesting but the matches themselves were real. I invented rationalization.)

So would this make Jough a tweener?

Does Fooker have to be in a Last Man Standing or I Quit thread now? Because that could be interesting. Tiny Can of Dr Pepper on a Pole!
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 19, 2007, 07:43:22 pm
Quote from: CortJstr
So would this make Jough a tweener?

More of a... Stone Cold Steve Austin tough-guy face.

Sort of like... he's on the good guys' side but isn't afraid to use the bad guys' tactics against them to maintain the right.

Sorta Jack Nicholson in that one military-law-drama flick. The dude you want on that wall.

(...whereas I'm more of a Mick Foley goofy-face type. He's annoying enough where you wanna see him smacked around a little along the way but... c'mon, he's a big ol' goof, you do wanna see him win at the end of the day.)
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: theinevitable on January 19, 2007, 09:20:11 pm
would you believe I used to not-like you, LFM? You are like treasure lately.
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 19, 2007, 09:50:12 pm
Quote from: theinevitable
would you believe I used to not-like you, LFM? You are like treasure lately.

It's okay and understandable.

I like using message boards as places to come up with/incubate riffs on various ideas and... I'm definite that that's annoying at times. It's just that there's few things I enjoy more than going off on tangents and... internet message boards are pretty much the perfect place to do that.

And considering that someone has to be a little warped AND fairly-well-educated AND have a strange sense of humour to be into Achewood, alla y'all seem like maybe the perfect people to ramble with.

But... definitely, it'll be annoying sometimes. Hell, upon second glance, I sometimes annoy myself.

I appreciate the patience, sir.
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: V-Adore on January 19, 2007, 09:50:24 pm
Like solid gold treasure, even more valuable than the regular kind!

Also, the entire concept of a Tiny Can Of Dr. Pepper On A Stick Match makes me giggle, and I don't even watch wrestling.
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: coldfrog on January 20, 2007, 12:15:49 pm
I used to be concerned about the fact that #####s belonged hidden.  Now I am concerned that there is a word so uncouth that one such as myself can't even know what it is to avoid saying it!  It's all the #####s fault.

Oh, and because of a post in another thread, I have to try something.
******

Edit: Hah!  I was right.
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 20, 2007, 01:01:55 pm
******
#####

The answer is ^^^^^^
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 20, 2007, 05:49:06 pm
In the fine tradition of DC Comics' 52:

"This post is a clue!"
Title: Re: Maybe I missed something.
Post by: robot_god on January 20, 2007, 09:47:36 pm
Get off your high hosss, some things are better left unsaid.