The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jay-ell on January 19, 2007, 02:52:34 pm

Title: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: jay-ell on January 19, 2007, 02:52:34 pm
Wombat!

Because you're as shy as an armadillo, but twice as pleasant to be around.
Because you eat Ethiopian food like a pro.
Because you bring the strong sack when someone ruthlessly abuses the English language.
Because I still have your Friends of the National Zoo card...oops!?!
Because you let me touch a naked mole rat just because Robert DeNiro did.

...we love you, Wombat.

Many happy returns.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: Sub_Topical on January 19, 2007, 04:36:44 pm
Just a sincere happy birthday from these quarters without any (non) sly references.

Whadda ya want? It's the cleanest I can come.

oops
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: wombat on January 19, 2007, 04:44:21 pm
Ha, don't worry jl, the card's expired by now.  Thanks!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: jaydub on January 19, 2007, 05:07:17 pm
Happy birthday to the lady who goes by Wombat, yet has a sloth as an avatar - and who has had a job that was my childhood dream :)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 19, 2007, 05:32:18 pm
Happy happy, birthday birthday.

Enjoy in good health.

(Was, like, everyone on this board but me born in January? Seems like it.)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: theinevitable on January 19, 2007, 05:33:20 pm
happiest of birthdays, Wombie! You are great.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: AugustWest on January 19, 2007, 06:02:11 pm
Happy Birthday! 

Because as long as you and Paul are around, I'm not the oldest.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: CortJstr on January 19, 2007, 06:04:29 pm
I got to touch a naked mole rat* because of you. You are rad.



*They feel like wangs.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: Fooker on January 19, 2007, 06:29:45 pm
Happy birthday!

I would pluck you, like most delicate flower. Until you are so nude.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: side_show on January 19, 2007, 06:40:19 pm
Wombat - you make me want to say dirty nasty things just to see if you get them.  This is a true sign of genearl goodness.  You are one of my favorite imaginary internet people.  May your day be the best!  The best!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: Drygioni on January 19, 2007, 07:35:43 pm
Sorry for this being belated! But happy birthday, Wombat. You rock.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: Ben-San on January 19, 2007, 09:08:42 pm
Happy Birthday and thank you for increasing the average number of times per day that I see a picture of a sloth. (This is a statistic where higher is better.)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: wombat on January 19, 2007, 09:25:46 pm
More!

(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/slothgrape.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: robot_god on January 19, 2007, 09:33:14 pm
Happy Capricorn season to you, and also Birthday!  Wait, it's still Capricorn season, right?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: V-Adore on January 19, 2007, 09:48:30 pm
What a delightful reverse birthday gift (all hobbit-stylezz) that sloth picture is.

Happy birthday, Wombat! I stand in great jealousy of those who have touched a naked mole rat, but I still think you're rad. (Note: clauses may not actually be that closely related.)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: Choop on January 19, 2007, 11:21:35 pm
Happy Birthday!

(http://www.maryholidays.com/christmas/frosty-the-snowman-christmas-inflatable.jpg)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: AugustWest on January 19, 2007, 11:54:38 pm
Oh, you so get a can for that.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: pmcd9 on January 20, 2007, 12:55:37 am
Happy Birthday Wombat.

Because as long as you and Paul are around, I'm not the oldest.

You may be the oldest Wombat, but I still have the Certificate...

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/PaulCertificate.jpg) (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/PaulCertificate.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: wombat on January 20, 2007, 01:34:39 am
I was robbed I tell you.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: pmcd9 on January 20, 2007, 04:48:20 am
I was robbed I tell you.

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/PaulCertificate_FOR_WOMBAT.jpg) (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/PaulCertificate_FOR_WOMBAT.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: linnea on January 20, 2007, 06:19:44 am
omba, you rock so fuck*ng hard. We love you! I am sorry that I have co-opted part of your nickname (me and Kellichou are the Wombies, you are Womby) and somehow sullied it with accusations of Marmite and peggin' as part of being associated with yours truly. You are one of my favorite imaginary intarwub friends, and it would be rad to hang out in real life someday!
Huuuuugs!
Happy birthday!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 20, 2007, 08:29:09 pm
The hell you have a happy birthday.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: Nabubrush on March 01, 2007, 04:49:02 am
I'm not always this late. Oh, who the fuck am I kidding.

Happy extremely late birthday, Wombles.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: wombat on March 01, 2007, 01:59:10 pm
Nabu!

Dammit, when are they going to get the internet up in the arctic or whereever the hell you are?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our favorite small mammal
Post by: iron_felix on March 09, 2007, 12:44:29 am
I am in basically the exact opposite of the Arctic, but I am posting late anyway for different and probably less legit reasons (see JL's birthday thread).  Happy almost-two-month-anniversary of your birthday, Wombat.  You are amazing.

Also, not to be one to hijack someone's birthday thread, but I'm really digging the vintage TOUAMB logo on those certificates.  How come Pat wasn't on there back then?