The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Undertoad on January 22, 2007, 06:24:12 pm

Title: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: Undertoad on January 22, 2007, 06:24:12 pm
link (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01222007)

So Beef was right; Pete sees this not only as a high gesture, but the highest of all gestures, and grants Ray deity status in his world.

I'm only a little annoyed that there is no comeuppance for Pete's evil scheme and that he has enough medical coverage to get patched up like that.

Ray has always been New Jesus to me.  Ray is king, and we could not even live in his realm, but we may dream to achieve his level some day.

 
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 22, 2007, 06:42:29 pm
I... just assumed that there was Ray Money behind Pete's patchin' up.

I always assume anything expensive happening in Achewood falls back upon Smuckles Millions.

I'd've called the subject line "You know how I am!" but that's fine.

I also enjoy that Roast Beef was the one who saved Nice Pete, prevented Ray from snapping Pete's neck and selling his bones to Trent Reznor for use in a music video when the whole thing cooled off, and yet it is Ray who is being written in as New Jesus in a spree killer's Bible 3.0 and...

That is a pretty-much-perfect distillation of the Beef-Ray dynamic.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: CortJstr on January 22, 2007, 06:56:07 pm
Well Beef basically had to give credit to either Ray or T as they were the ones about to experience a Special Thing with NP.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: dejavroom on January 22, 2007, 06:58:53 pm
Dude got his ass cheek and brain hella stabbed and not even a mild stutter to show?

=(
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: wombat on January 22, 2007, 07:05:29 pm
So dampened virgins are better than dry ones?  I'm not sure I want to know.

Anyway, I would pay good money for that book.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: milhouse on January 22, 2007, 07:06:56 pm
I love how the virgin is moistened.  :D

Edit-Arrghh. wombat beat me to it. I thought I was so quick...
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: wombat on January 22, 2007, 07:19:16 pm
Don't feel bad, milhouse. Having your first post end up as an obeisance to the superiority of one of the Elder Ones is probably a good move.  I'm sure you've seen how we are around here.

I say we all try to use 'obeisance' in a sentence today in real life as an obeisance to this strip. Come on, it is easier than trying to work in a reference to the damp virgins. Extra credit for finding an excuse to talk about lavender.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 22, 2007, 07:52:16 pm
Quote from: dejavroom
Dude got his ass cheek and brain hella stabbed and not even a mild stutter to show?

I like to think that Pete's special kind of madness completely repurposes entire parts of the mind. Such complete and total devotion to the Twin Tasks of The Murder Act and Novella Writing would logically concentrate the activity in some parts of the mind and render other parts nearly unused... and that, in this case, he was merely stabbed in the part of the brain devoted to Attracting A Mate and Complicated Fast-Food Orders or whatnot.

My secondary explanation is that he is a cartoon cat.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: smick on January 22, 2007, 07:53:33 pm
Careful Milhouse, you may end up chained into the circling of other apes around Wombat's bed.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: milhouse on January 22, 2007, 08:15:19 pm
Careful Milhouse, you may end up chained into the circling of other apes around Wombat's bed.

Meh. There are worse fates. If the water pipe gets passed around it's all good. Plus I like monkeys!
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: wombat on January 22, 2007, 09:09:22 pm
My secondary explanation is that he is a cartoon cat.

Oh, you are no fun.

And milhouse, I suppose it's my professional duty to point out that monkeys are not apes but you know what? Fuck primates. Where have they ever gotten me? Fuck them so hard.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: dejavroom on January 22, 2007, 09:22:49 pm
My secondary explanation is that he is a cartoon cat.

Well, it just seems like a waste of comedic possibilities for the weird side-effects right there (a la Guy Gardner post Bat-punch), but anyway...
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 22, 2007, 09:23:55 pm
The scar/stitches on his head is actually the Japanese character for Moistened Virgin.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: nDed on January 22, 2007, 09:38:00 pm
For a second I thought that Nice Pete had a Chinese character on his forehead.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: melack on January 22, 2007, 09:50:41 pm
Waste of a perfectly good hat.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: coldfrog on January 22, 2007, 09:55:39 pm
... you know what? Fuck primates. Where have they ever gotten me? Fuck them so hard.

C'mon man. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10262001)
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: AugustWest on January 22, 2007, 10:17:48 pm
Fuck primates. Where have they ever gotten me? Fuck them so hard.

Hey baby, I'm a primate.  Oooooh yeaaaah.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: melack on January 22, 2007, 10:40:56 pm
I'm just guessing here, but I would think 'so hard' is the only way primates know how to fuck.
Title: Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
Post by: V-Adore on January 22, 2007, 11:11:27 pm
Waste of a perfectly good hat.

Congratulations, sir; you've won the thread.

Anyway, I am curious to see if this will actually lead to a change in Nice Pete's behavior. His Bible fanfic seems less psychotic than previous installments, (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01252005) although admittedly that is not hard, and Mr. Band seems to have been dropped entirely. Is this the age of a kinder, gentler Nice Pete? Or is something terrible going to happen to those chained apes?