The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jay-ell on August 02, 2003, 05:40:45 am

Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: jay-ell on August 02, 2003, 05:40:45 am
My spouse sniffs everything.  Everything.  It's funny.  He won't eat his dinner without lifting his plate off the table and holding it to his nose.  And he's picky about things -- laundry detergent, my cologne, etc.  Does anybody else have weird smell issues?
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: jough on August 02, 2003, 05:44:27 am
Everything?
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: jay-ell on August 02, 2003, 05:45:54 am
Quote from: "jough"
Everything?


Yes.  

I refuse to go into more detail than that.  Absolutely refuse.
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: slink on August 02, 2003, 06:34:48 am
No offense, but that's kinda... freaky!
The only weird smell thing I have is that I don't like to smell nasty things, but I think that kind of goes for most people. I say most, one of the skater crew I was in was obsessed with smelling the most disturbing things. If it smealt bad he just had to experience the nastiness. Needless to say I was glad to no longer have to share moving vehicles with him!
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 02, 2003, 08:14:22 am
I almost always smell food before eating any. Occasionally people told me that it was weird that I would always obviously smell something before I would eat it. I don't know if I stopped or if my family is just used to it.

I always thought it was weird that everytime something smelled disgusting (or tasted bad too) someone would run over to me and say "man this is foul, you gotta smell (or taste!) it!"

I do?

I never understood that.
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: Vinz Clortho on August 02, 2003, 12:11:57 pm
My girlfriend's like that too, she smells everything. If I wear cologne she'll keep sniffing me, whether we're at home or dinner or driving or shopping. She's 16 inches shorter than me and barely comes up to my shoulder, so there's no telling when she'll just turn and huff my chest.

And this is why I no longer wear cologne.
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: doomglobe on August 02, 2003, 05:05:35 pm
I smell food before I eat it. this is a survival instinct. you never know whether it will be rotten or not. also if it is good, I like to take in the odor, it is part of the experience. smelling other things, however, is a little different. I think frodo baggins said it best in the movie "ice storm", but I forget what he said, something about molecules.
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: CortJstr on August 02, 2003, 08:13:08 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Everything?


Yes.  

I refuse to go into more detail than that.  Absolutely refuse.


This is by far the funniest thing so far on this entire board. Kudos!

Oddly, I absolutely cannot eat Hershey Kisses if I smell them first. It's very weird.

Oh, and I was just telling somebody about Men's Health a few years ago, they did a pole where they had men shower with different soap then had women smell them and rate.

Dial came in first, and Dove was last with the comment "it smells like he lives with his grandmother."
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: jay-ell on August 02, 2003, 08:17:49 pm
I'm partial to the scent of Irish Spring.
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: Nabubrush on August 02, 2003, 09:24:35 pm
Quote from: "Vinz Clortho"
My girlfriend's like that too, she smells everything. If I wear cologne she'll keep sniffing me, whether we're at home or dinner or driving or shopping. She's 16 inches shorter than me and barely comes up to my shoulder, so there's no telling when she'll just turn and huff my chest.

And this is why I no longer wear cologne.

Please tell me that you no longer wear cologne because you want her to smell you and not some citrus based scent. Please do not tell me it's because you don't want her to smell you. I love it when my girlfriend smells me. It's problematic, because she's 3500 miles away and I'm not going to see her for 6 weeks, but when I do you can bet we'll be smelling each other - Boy Howdy!
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 02, 2003, 10:47:34 pm
C'mon Vinz!! I've been with the same woman for 8 years now. I guess the 'smelling stage' is over...or we are just used to each other...but enjoy it - it's cool that things like that still MEAN SOMETHING!

What I'm saying is wear the damn cologne. She obviously likes it.

Yeah, yer right, I'm just old and bitter. And jealous.  :evil:
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: Flenker on August 04, 2003, 04:46:26 pm
The only weird thing that I do involving my sense of smell is that I always smell a glass before I put any liquid refreshment into it....
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: Vinz Clortho on August 04, 2003, 05:15:49 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Vinz Clortho"
Stuff about smelling/being smelled.

Please tell me that you no longer wear cologne because you want her to smell you and not some citrus based scent. Please do not tell me it's because you don't want her to smell you.


Oh no, Nabubrush, I want her to smell me, just not so often. With a 16" height difference we look goofy enough without her constantly, and I do mean constantly, smelling me. I can't remember the last time we went out for a nice dinner without her snuffing around my arm like a bloodhound.

I do have to admit, though, it is pretty cute of her.
Title: Sniff sniff.
Post by: monkeyb on August 08, 2003, 06:00:03 am
hershey's kisses smell like poop,seriously.