The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: DanSC on January 31, 2007, 10:52:33 am

Title: achewood town newsletter
Post by: DanSC on January 31, 2007, 10:52:33 am
did anyone get/read this email? It seems that Todd is alive after all...
Title: Re: achewood town newsletter
Post by: CortJstr on January 31, 2007, 01:51:25 pm
did anyone get/read this email? It seems that Todd is alive after all...

Damn that grey area between "the real alive stuffed animals that really live with Chris" and "the strip based on them"

Also, fila?
Title: Re: achewood town newsletter
Post by: side_show on January 31, 2007, 02:09:43 pm
How does one sign up for this newsletter?  This is the first I've heard of it.
Title: Re: achewood town newsletter
Post by: dejavroom on January 31, 2007, 02:56:36 pm
(me too)
Title: Re: achewood town newsletter
Post by: CortJstr on January 31, 2007, 03:18:16 pm
I think if you've ever bought anything your e-mail gets added to the list. He sends out like 4 a year or so. It's mainly just a tease for new products and some kind of weird trivia game that makese no sense.
Title: Re: achewood town newsletter
Post by: Sub_Topical on January 31, 2007, 04:22:54 pm
Shit, now I've got the urge to check the email pit these get routed to.

[edit]Well, a Hardy Boys self depricating reference and shoe throwing mixed with plushie gun toys.  That's about right. My Ray Prime Time Lime is getting ratty, maybe I should campaign for a reissue like the beef middle cat ringer.[/edit]
Title: Re: achewood town newsletter
Post by: evan on January 31, 2007, 08:32:53 pm
Here's the newsletter for those of you who've never bought anything (For shame!)

http://view.exacttarget.com/?ffcb10-fe891d7673610c7e74-fdff10757067047e74107371-ff001671706205

Note the impressive serial code that no doubt tracks everything that happens to this link, be sure to click it a bunch and buy several items through it so that the exacttarget.com computers think I'm an easy mark.
Title: Re: achewood town newsletter
Post by: linnea on January 31, 2007, 09:38:45 pm
I really like the newsletter. It's like a little Easter egg, and it's a great teaser for new crap that I want to buy. I do wish that he sold more stuff on eBay, I have him listed as my favorite seller on there.
Title: Re: achewood town newsletter
Post by: side_show on February 01, 2007, 02:14:04 pm
Huh.  I've bought tons of stuff, but never got anything like this, and it's not my my junk mail either.  Oh well.

As for Fila, Fila sweat suits are the over priced lounge wear of the wealthy.  It's the sort of thing P Diddy would wear when chilling before he had his own line of over priced lounge wear.  Basically a new age leisure suit.
Title: Re: achewood town newsletter
Post by: CortJstr on February 01, 2007, 03:10:26 pm
Huh.  I've bought tons of stuff, but never got anything like this, and it's not my my junk mail either.  Oh well.

As for Fila, Fila sweat suits are the over priced lounge wear of the wealthy.  It's the sort of thing P Diddy would wear when chilling before he had his own line of over priced lounge wear.  Basically a new age leisure suit.

Ah. I was aware of Fila shoes but didn't make the connection to track suits &c
Title: Re: achewood town newsletter
Post by: Formica on February 01, 2007, 04:57:54 pm
Huh.  I've bought tons of stuff, but never got anything like this, and it's not my my junk mail either.  Oh well.

I got the newsletter once in 2005; maybe I have to buy something every year. That was the last time I bought something, though (the Achewater shirt).