The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Fooker on February 01, 2007, 02:25:27 am

Title: I would really like to have the acoustic version of this one song
Post by: Fooker on February 01, 2007, 02:25:27 am
Cells - The Servant

Right when the Sin City trailer came out, I tried really hard to find it. No luck. Now I found that it was actually released shortly after I gave up looking. Google is useless, all I find are broken links.

I am willing to pay to buy this song. For example, is it on iTunes? I do not have iTunes.
Title: Re: I would really like to have the accoustic version of this one song
Post by: theinevitable on February 01, 2007, 02:29:47 am
I am getting a result on iTunes from the soundtrack of some film.

Le Transporteur 2? I have never actually bought a song off of iTunes.
Title: Re: I would really like to have the accoustic version of this one song
Post by: linnea on February 01, 2007, 02:36:52 am
Cells - The Servant

Right when the Sin City trailer came out, I tried really hard to find it. No luck. Now I found that it was actually released shortly after I gave up looking. Google is useless, all I find are broken links.

I am willing to pay to buy this song. For example, is it on iTunes? I do not have iTunes.

even if you have a PC, you can get iTunes. I really like it, but there's been talk about songs that you buy from iTunes being incompatible with other non-Apple MP3 players. I think that's because they're in protected AAC format (mp4, I believe). My method of getting around that is using iTunes to burn an audio disc, which I can listen to in my car, or rip again to get unprotected music. I'm sure that some cracker out there has devised a faster, better way through code crackin', but that's my low-tech solution.
Title: Re: I would really like to have the accoustic version of this one song
Post by: theinevitable on February 01, 2007, 02:51:33 am
I'm pretty sure you can have iTunes make them into mp3's. Maybe not, though. As I said, I have never downloaded music from iTunes.

or you can download a program to crack the DRM, which, I mean... is illegal, I guess. DRM pisses me off a ton, but, I guess Apple was just doing the best they could to placate the RIAA and get deals with them for iTunes. Which, I mean, has certainly been a net positive for the music industry as well as consumers.

this worries me. (http://polishlinux.org/gnu/drm-vista-and-your-rights/)
Title: Re: I would really like to have the accoustic version of this one song
Post by: smick on February 01, 2007, 03:15:37 am
To make iTunes DRM'd files into MP3s you need to burn them to a CD and rip them back into iTunes, or download a 3rd party app to do this.

I'm usually defeated by this trivial amount of work, and just make a stab at trying to remember the album name until I am near someone who will sell it to me.

I usually fail at this.
Title: Re: I would really like to have the accoustic version of this one song
Post by: Fooker on February 03, 2007, 11:24:21 pm
I will make some sort of special reward for whoever can find me that track.
Title: Re: I would really like to have the accoustic version of this one song
Post by: Fooker on February 07, 2007, 09:53:29 pm
Like, fifty dollars.
Title: Re: I would really like to have the accoustic version of this one song
Post by: Sub_Topical on February 07, 2007, 10:38:57 pm
Of wal-mart ca$h.
Title: Re: I would really like to have the accoustic version of this one song
Post by: Fooker on February 07, 2007, 11:04:47 pm
I forgot about that.
Title: Re: I would really like to have the accoustic version of this one song
Post by: Fooker on February 18, 2007, 01:57:43 am
Yeah. I found out that if I pushed it, the greeters really would get fired whether the local management wanted to or not.

So I dropped it. I can make money other ways.

Come on people. Acoustic version of Cells. Fifty dollars.

You know you can do this.
Title: Re: I would really like to have the acoustic version of this one song
Post by: Nabubrush on March 03, 2007, 12:04:30 am
Here's the import with the instrumental version of that song. (http://www.importcds.com/product.asp?ProductID=1023722) It was once available as a free download on their website, but it looks like it is gone now. You can buy the import for $15 (including shipping), and with the $50 you send me, it'll be under $70. That's not too bad, eh?
Title: Re: I would really like to have the acoustic version of this one song
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 03, 2007, 05:43:49 am
Did you go to allofmp3.com?
Title: Re: I would really like to have the acoustic version of this one song
Post by: Nabubrush on March 03, 2007, 08:14:17 pm
Did you go to allofmp3.com?

You almost certainly aren't asking me, but I did. They had the one album and that was it. I found a few imports (1 @ $50) that had additional EPs and stuff added in that may or may not have had the song on them. The one I linked to definitely has the instrumental version on it. It may not be as critical as it appeared to be a month or two ago.