The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: side_show on September 26, 2003, 04:45:57 pm

Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: side_show on September 26, 2003, 04:45:57 pm
your virginity I mean:

Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car" as covered by David Usher.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: jay-ell on September 26, 2003, 05:25:04 pm
There was no music during "the act" but the last song I heard before we snuck out of the wedding reception was Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get it On."  My brothers-in-law were responsible for having it played, and we took it as our cue.

P.S.  My first car was a '96 Corolla, which I'm still driving.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: side_show on September 26, 2003, 05:29:14 pm
how very apropo!
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: V-Adore on September 26, 2003, 05:31:45 pm
I'm still trying to think this one out. But I have this creepy feeling that it's going to be Yes, whatever I have to say about it.

silly Yes-liking significant other thing
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: AugustWest on September 26, 2003, 05:41:44 pm
Uh, I guess it was the Latin Mass.  My butt hurt for weeks!

Kidding!  I'm just kidding!

Actually, it was Ethel Merman singing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: side_show on September 26, 2003, 06:06:03 pm
Gah!  My first car was a '74 Mercury Comet - my dad taught autobody repair so it was in perfect condition when I got it in 1994!!!  I never had sex in it - infact I totaled it before I lost the big V.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: side_show on September 26, 2003, 07:46:06 pm
Mine was an orange 2 door, it was a little more...graceful?  I loved it and everyone wanted a ride - in the car I mean!
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: AugustWest on September 26, 2003, 07:50:14 pm
My first car was a 1972 Ford Torino.

I miss that car.  It was hella funky.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 26, 2003, 07:54:35 pm
79 Cutlass Supreme, two-door in white wth the blue striping.. It ruled. I still see them once in awhile and think about getting one again.

As for the music when I lost "it". I think there wasn't any on. The most memorable sex/music combination I recall was George Michael's "Older" album and someone....well....long story. But Oh My.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: Nice Jough on September 26, 2003, 08:10:14 pm
This type of subject is not something a gentleman discusses in mixed pubic.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: Nabubrush on September 26, 2003, 09:48:47 pm
There wasn't any music playing during the act itself, but the most recent music that had been playing that I remember was Marillion "Kayleigh" - so thanks for bringing that horrible connection up. Also, JL's song should be mandatory for V-losing.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: FeeReep on September 27, 2003, 03:23:49 am
Gah, I know it was your first time and all, but you couldn't last for more than one song? :wink:

Anyhow, for me it was Portishead's Dummy LP.  I recall the song Glory Box being of particular interest to both of us. It is a very sexy song and proof that my first coupling was grossly overplanned.

My first car was an '85 Tempo.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: Mite on September 27, 2003, 02:54:24 pm
I don't recall anything playing at the time, but the post-coital music was Fountains of Wayne's first record (chosen by the other party). I love the album, but I thought it didn't fit with the occasion. Perhaps I should have taken that as a sign; it serves as a delightful metaphor for the relationship.

And I drove an 89 Toyota Tercel hatchback. Damn I miss that car.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: slink on September 27, 2003, 05:13:20 pm
Nothing during. Downside of doing it at her house, when she rarely listened to music.
I can remember a hundred things listened to the times afterwards but they don't count.
I do remember picking up a copy of Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works II when it came out, since that was highly recommended sex music. Worked for some kinds.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: V-Adore on September 27, 2003, 10:18:39 pm
My god, that '61 Comet is just a sex machine. Losin' it in that is a stone measure of good taste.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 28, 2003, 02:28:32 am
Quote from: "slink"
I do remember picking up a copy of Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works II when it came out, since that was highly recommended sex music. Worked for some kinds.


Hmm....Worked for some kinds of sex? There's an interesting thread to explore...
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: pmcd9 on September 28, 2003, 04:18:12 am
I don't remember, but it likely was Kiss, the young lady was seriously into Kiss and I had all their records.  But by that time I was over Kiss so it might have been Led Zeppelin, 'cos I was totally into them by that time.

I have clearer memories of the first time I got high on Pot.  I was at a friends house and we listened to Klaatu's Calling Occu##### of Interplanetary Craft, followed by BOC's Godzilla.  It's no joke people, life was awesome.  The first time I got drunk (on Shlitz Malt Liquor at age 16) I was listening to The Ramones first album which had just come out.

My first car was a '74 Plymouth Fury ex HPD cruiser purchased at auction by my next door neighbor (Father of my first timer) and sold to me for $400.00.  That was a great car.  It would cold smoke the tires all the way down the street.  It ran like a bat out of hell right up 'til the very second I t-boned it into a telephone pole.

~Paul
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: andalucia on September 29, 2003, 12:43:32 am
The first time my friends and I smoked pot, we were trying way to hard to set the right mood, so we put on a Woodstock CD.  I'm rather embarassed about that now.
Title: the song you lost it to.
Post by: jough on September 29, 2003, 01:28:27 am
Well, the first time was rather unplanned (at least by me) and was in a semi-public place, so there was no music.

The second time I did plan it, and played... Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet" which was a very popular album at the time.