The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: slink on February 02, 2007, 08:23:38 pm

Title: RPM Challenge
Post by: slink on February 02, 2007, 08:23:38 pm
I know there are a couple of other musicians at least on here... Anyone else taking part in this?
www.rpmchallenge.com (http://www.rpmchallenge.com)
Title: Re: RPM Challenge
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2007, 12:23:37 am
shit. these guys I know basically just did that.

I'm kind of obsessed with them, and I want to be their friend.
Their band is like...
Captain Beefheart and Gordan Gano (of the Violent Femmes) singing for a country band... with crazy spastic experimental drums. The lyrics are terrifying, the banjos are twanging, the lap-steel is singing...
so good.

and they just made a CD. Every time I have seen them, they have said "these are all new songs." And they have been.
Title: Re: RPM Challenge
Post by: Drastic Action on February 03, 2007, 08:09:14 am
theinevitable-- do they have any stuff online?  I am intrigued.
Title: Re: RPM Challenge
Post by: Choop on February 03, 2007, 08:37:15 am
jesus christ inev you just described the greatest f*cking band of all time
i need NEED to konw NEED who they are
can you at least post an mp3 or something?
Title: Re: RPM Challenge
Post by: slink on February 03, 2007, 10:09:20 am
can you at least post an mp3 or something?

Yea, it sounds like it was potentially worth starting this thread just to discover this! Where where where?
Title: Re: RPM Challenge
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2007, 07:01:38 pm
they are right here in St Louis. They said at their last show that they have a CD, and that they just don't have any copies yet.

this is their myspace (http://myspace.com/waterbears) but I haven't heard any of the songs on it. I think the drummer guy might be a new addition-- and that girl singing... I have no idea who that is. I like that song when the guy sings it.

I am going to be so mad if they turn out being one of those bands that can't record well.
Title: Re: RPM Challenge
Post by: pmcd9 on February 13, 2007, 08:34:37 am
That's good shit.  myspace, however is ugly as ever.
Title: Re: RPM Challenge
Post by: theinevitable on February 13, 2007, 08:46:21 am
I kind of made a song with my friend Bryan. It is kind of a lo-fi guitar-pop thing. He is going for the cute and overly-sincere thing, it is for his girlfriend for valentine's day. He is working on putting on the lyrics-- but my off-beat, crappy fake surf guitar part is pretty cool.

except that it is a weird rhythm, a lot.