The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on February 08, 2007, 12:45:20 am

Title: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin off"
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 08, 2007, 12:45:20 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02082007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02082007)

The tiny mammal has been getting terror-laid for years.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: V-Adore on February 08, 2007, 12:49:19 am
The idea that Heaven, for Todd, is like prison without the rape: priceless.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: theinevitable on February 08, 2007, 12:49:30 am
wow. gross.

terror-laid.

oh no.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: FlipConstantine on February 08, 2007, 12:49:58 am
If heaven is really just a good place to learn how to make bongs i may have to reconsider this atheism thing...
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin off"
Post by: CortJstr on February 08, 2007, 01:21:43 am
The idea that Heaven, for Todd, is like prison without the rape: priceless.

How did Todd even get into heaven? Hell seemed a much better fit for him. I bet he even likes Friendly's.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: theinevitable on February 08, 2007, 02:03:58 am
my dad worked at Friendly's.

he brings it up constantly, to the point that you'd think it was the greatest job ever.

"Step aside and let a professional scoop that icecream-- I worked at Friendly's!"
"Do you think I worked at Friendly's for 2 years without learning how to make a banana split? Jesus!"

it's weird as all hell. considering ice-cream is not one of his major interests or goals.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: wombat on February 08, 2007, 02:32:56 am
Have we ever seen Todd as close up as the third panel?  He's got a Disney sort of look to him that's rather disturbing, all things considered.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin off"
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 08, 2007, 03:32:06 am
I was about to say "Heaven un-burned down..." but then I remembered.

Cartoon cats.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: melack on February 08, 2007, 03:32:21 am
Have we ever seen Todd as close up as the third panel?  He's got a Disney sort of look to him that's rather disturbing, all things considered.

I was just thinking that. The little bastard is almost cute-looking when zoomed in so closely.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: AugustWest on February 08, 2007, 03:49:03 am
Heh heh.  Todd.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: coldfrog on February 08, 2007, 04:23:48 am
Have we ever seen Todd as close up as the third panel?  He's got a Disney sort of look to him that's rather disturbing, all things considered.

I am sure there was one other time, and I'm also fairly sure it was pretty recently.  Perhaps the one where he dies for America's Funniest Home Videos?

Edit: I was right!  It is this one (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11092006).
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin off"
Post by: jough on February 08, 2007, 05:16:07 am
Ah, Todd, that fuckin' guy!
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: Bjorn the Destroyer on February 08, 2007, 05:32:13 am
Ah, Todd, that fuckin' guy!

I was going to call Todd a run-of-the-mill guy. Like "Oh Todd, that guy." But I agree with this statement more.

Also, I think that Todd is not a Cartoon Cat but a Cartoon Squirrel.

Also, I'm not sure how many members of the modern prison population have conveniently Italian sounding name.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin off"
Post by: Fooker on February 08, 2007, 06:17:54 am
When I saw the exclamation point above Todd's head, I imagined the Metal Gear Solid guard alert sound.

Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: coldfrog on February 08, 2007, 07:16:12 am
When I saw the exclamation point above Todd's head, I imagined the Metal Gear Solid guard alert sound.
Not to mention the motion lines in panel 3 make him look like the enemy soldiers when they are shaking while you point your gun at them.  Hold that panel long enough and he will drop a little container with a quarter ounce of smack in it and a dog tag with the name "Suckin' Dick (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05282003) on it.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin off"
Post by: iron_felix on February 08, 2007, 07:57:45 am
Correct thread title:  "Were you anybody's heaven-bitch?"

What is going on with Todd's dialogue in the last panel?  The first time I read it I thought "buttshit" was a verb and assumed that the drugs had caused his speech to degenerate to sub-Todd levels of intelligibility, if such a thing exists.  Also, I need to find a plausible way in which to address someone as "schmendrick" in a conversation this week.

Disney Todd has so far only appeared in this strip and the one in which he dies.  My theory had always been that Onstad had grown tired of Rat Todd and changed his appearance yet again, but then decided he hated this one even more and just killed off the character for good.  I like the contrast of a Disneyesque woodland animal with Todd's personality, but I wonder how long it will last.  If the trend continues, within a few years we can expect another entirely new Todd, like with Doctor Who.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin off"
Post by: Lister on February 08, 2007, 08:56:38 am
Chip is a coke fiend.  Dale is an omnivore -- any high is exactly what he needs.

If you watch classic Disney cartoons with this knowledge they make a lot more sense.
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: mrchee on February 08, 2007, 09:43:40 am
That's Todd.  I know him.


I know Todd
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: drew on February 08, 2007, 01:04:22 pm
Yay! Excellent Birthday Strip! What better present than the return of Todd! F-f-f-fff-f-rickin' AWEsome!
Title: Re: February 8, 2007 - "They just made me watch some videos about not whackin of
Post by: MattFish on February 09, 2007, 01:37:32 am
I'm bumping this thread off topic, drew, just to can you for that cute avatar of the winged octopus thing. I saw a video of one of those once and they're the cutest ever.