The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on September 26, 2003, 05:17:07 pm

Title: Don't wear a cape! (09-26-03)
Post by: AugustWest on September 26, 2003, 05:17:07 pm
My God!  I am sore from laughing.

"To look like some guy whose license plate says RENFAIR?"  I squirted iced tea out my nose.

By the time I got to "You're the biggest asshole I know!", tea was seeping from my pores.

Pat's eyebrows in the last frame made me look like a dang iced tea garden sprinkler.

I guess I'm just feeling "Eight Miles High."

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09262003).
Title: Don't wear a cape - 9/26/03
Post by: Limmo on September 26, 2003, 05:19:06 pm
Talk about twists you don't see coming.  That's what I love about Achewood.

Also, I've spent the last few weeks listening to the Byrds like crazy, so the synchronicity here is freaking me out a weensy bit. :shock:
Title: Don't wear a cape - 9/26/03
Post by: jay-ell on September 26, 2003, 05:21:27 pm
Oh, crap.  Sorry, we've got two of these.
Title: Re: Don't wear a cape!
Post by: slink on September 26, 2003, 05:22:40 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
My God!  I am sore from laughing.


::Rolls around uncontrollably laughing and spilling inestinal juices from the gaping splits in my side::

Renfair...

Excellent!
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: side_show on September 26, 2003, 05:22:51 pm
Back to the music - YES!  Also I see no alt text?
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: V-Adore on September 26, 2003, 05:26:46 pm
Pat's expression in the last panel is gold: so... earnest. So genuinely concerned about the wheels of greed and lust, whatever those are. And I love Ray's total confusion -- at least, his confusion until he figures out how to make money from Pat's newfound Niceness.

I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: AugustWest on September 26, 2003, 05:30:05 pm
I didn't catch that Pat's bunny was walking beside him till my second read.
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on September 26, 2003, 05:30:29 pm
That first panel is pure and beautiful, like Nancy at it's best (references here (http://www.gilchriststudios.com/history/main.asp)).
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: CortJstr on September 26, 2003, 05:30:35 pm
Come on people. The best part was Ray just yelling "don't wear a cape!" without even a "hey" or "what the hell are you doing?" That's vintage Ray, my friends.

I'm supposed to go to the Maryland Ren Faire next weekend. I have a costume.
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: jay-ell on September 26, 2003, 05:31:10 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.


*snorts orange soda out her nose*

I'm half tempted to make that your rank, because it is so awesome.  But then nobody would know what comes after "Todd" for a long, long time.  So instead, I'll just say:

You...are...rad!
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: V-Adore on September 26, 2003, 05:37:10 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.


*snorts orange soda out her nose*

I'm half tempted to make that your rank, because it is so awesome.  But then nobody would know what comes after "Todd" for a long, long time.  So instead, I'll just say:

You...are...rad!

Aw, garsh. But... there, honorary title change.

Honestly, it's not that big of a loss; I think I may be able to live without a rank that suggests that not only did suckin' dick buy my van but that I am the sort of person who would refer to the act as "ye oldyn fellatioe."

... Although, to get this back on topic, Renfair Pat probably would. Or at least gives the impression of doing such while wearing that cape. (And the walking stick, without which no pseudo-Renfestie pseudo-aesthete outfit is complete.)
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: CortJstr on September 26, 2003, 05:42:45 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
... Although, to get this back on topic, Renfair Pat probably would. Or at least gives the impression of doing such while wearing that cape. (And the walking stick, without which no pseudo-Renfestie pseudo-aesthete outfit is complete.)


I have a walking stick too. It has a wizard's face carved in it. I'm so ashamed.
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: side_show on September 26, 2003, 05:43:52 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"

I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.


Suckling Ye Olde Member Bartered Yon Carriage
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 26, 2003, 06:04:43 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.


Suckling Ye Olde Member Bartered Yon Carriage


Ye Olde Colonial Buggery and Fudge Packynge Shoppe?
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: side_show on September 26, 2003, 06:17:03 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

I want a custom plate that says "RENFAIR" now. Perhaps with a "Ye Oldyn Fellatioe Bought Thys Vanne" holder.


Suckling Ye Olde Member Bartered Yon Carriage


Ye Olde Colonial Buggery and Fudge Packynge Shoppe?



Ha, Ha so funny!
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: slink on September 26, 2003, 06:38:10 pm
OK, so if you guys haven't heard Bill Bailey's Chaucerian three-men-in-a-pub joke you sooo must now!

OK. http://www.canadian-studies.net/slink/bb-threemen.mp3
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: Nice Jough on September 26, 2003, 11:11:44 pm
That little bunny is the cutest thing ever.

That Ray sure is mean to his good friend Pat.  I hope Pat's recording career is successful.
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: doomglobe on September 27, 2003, 04:25:30 pm
Pat has transmogrified into Robert Hunter. No good can come of this.
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: pmcd9 on September 27, 2003, 06:12:11 pm
Are you referring to Robert Hunter songwriter for The Grateful Dead?  Are those Dead Lyrics Pat is singing?

I should know this.

~Paul
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: V-Adore on September 27, 2003, 10:11:49 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
... Although, to get this back on topic, Renfair Pat probably would. Or at least gives the impression of doing such while wearing that cape. (And the walking stick, without which no pseudo-Renfestie pseudo-aesthete outfit is complete.)


I have a walking stick too. It has a wizard's face carved in it. I'm so ashamed.

You're forgiven. This time.

I sorta want a cape too.
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: Nice Jough on September 27, 2003, 11:40:12 pm
It's fun to pretend that wizards and magic and stuff is real.  You're not at all lame.  You are super-neato!
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: AugustWest on September 28, 2003, 01:00:48 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Are you referring to Robert Hunter songwriter for The Grateful Dead?  Are those Dead Lyrics Pat is singing?

I should know this.

~Paul


No, they aren't Dead lyrics.  And Robert Hunter's lyrics aren't all nicey-nicey and hokey like that.  Harrumph.
Title: Don't wear a cape! -- 9/26/03
Post by: pmcd9 on September 28, 2003, 03:56:33 am
Quote from: "augustwest"
Robert Hunter's lyrics aren't all nicey-nicey and hokey like that. Harrumph.


I do know that.

What I still don't know is why Doomglobe thinks Pat has transmogrified into Robert Hunter.  Since you've only partly answered my question August, i'm still not satisfied so i'll restate it.  Doomglobe, who are you referring to, if not the famed lyricist for the Grateful Dead?

Thank You

~Paul

[copyrighted material removed]