The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on February 09, 2007, 12:49:19 am
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02092007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02092007)
Sorry, hoss, but it seemed like the only possible thread title.
One of those days when a girl who thought she was doing fine hanging out with the guys has at least temporarily learned her limits. Oh, so gross.
-
I hear you're mad about Brubeck
bla-doodley-doo-doo
I like your eyes, I like him too
He's an artist, a pioneer
We've got to have some music on the New Frontier
-
Three panels. Wham, bam, thank you... Mr. Onstad?
I also like the first panel just as an object on its own. Indeed, who hasn't used music as some kind of evidence that something in the world doesn't blow?
-
Lyle does not believe in privacy
-
wow I probably could have gone today without seeing this idea illustrated
-
I wouldn't have thought "feelin' fresh" all that high up on Lyle's list of priorities, but I guess it proves he is a Man of Layers.
-
Hmm, wow. I was chilling with out-of-state family today, because they were in for a funeral, and my after-brunch musical choice was Brubeck. The same album played in the strip too, of course. No kiddin'.
They were from Orlando and Houston. I don't got any country shit, so I guess I figured Brubeck was the most universal music I could provide.
-
I am pretty sure Lyle is deliberately making sure he does this within Teodor's line of sight.
-
Oh, so that must be why Lyle's prostate was all out of sorts. If he's taking it in the can nowadays, then he probably needs a vinegar rinse every now and again.
That is totally disgusting (and so is the word "man-douche". I didn't need to see that. My guess is that Onstad's high.
-
wait, why do we think Lyle is taking it in the can?
wouldn't Vinegar be a highly uncomfortable and horrible choice for this?
what am I missing! I don't want to know!
-
Well...
What else would a man-douche BE for?
Are you suggesting he might be simply man-douching his... c*ck?
By the logic of an SAT question pu$$y is to mangina as douche is to man-douche.
And as far as I can figure, the mangina is the butt, yes? Even on an imaginary stuffed tiger?
-
Man, this is old-school Achewood right here. I laughed so hard at that third panel.
-
The reference to Brubeck and Teodor's attendant thoughts=bravo
The non-sequitur from enjoying Brubeck to Lyle's nether regions=bravo
The idea of a "man douche" and it's forced visitation on my life=ewww.
But you know, that's Achewood, right there: Bravo, bravo, ewww (followed soon after, usually, by wtf?!)
Not my favorite strip by any stretch. But there are worse things.
-
I instantly thought the title should have to be "ALL MY VINEGAR", implying the strip is some sort of soap opera where linda catches thomas man-douching and she realizes that he is actually gay and also not the father of her retarded baby.
My other option would be the out of context "earth is a huge steaming pile of shit" just to keep you confused.
-
yeah, i mean... I don't even know. None of the concepts in this comic make any sense to me. Jazz? What?
-
Heh heh. Lyle.
-
Is that take five? It looks like take five.
-
Is that take five? It looks like take five.
It's definitely meant to be "take five". The rhythm is there, it's just that the key signature and the straightness of the staff lines are a bit missing.
-
if you are doing a wikipedia search to find out if vinegar is actually used for this, do not leave the window open. make sure you clear the search bar.
people will come and talk to you, and you will be showing them things on the internet, and suddenly you will notice the words "anal douche" in the search bar. And you will start crying openly.
(ok, I lied. It just said Douche, but that's almost as bad.)
also: really? I feel like -pure- vinegar would be a horrible idea, even moreso than vinegar mixed with water.
-
The Moonshine Neuroretarder is calling this one "Lyle's Vinegar Ablution."
The non-sequitur from enjoying Brubeck to Lyle's nether regions=bravo
I don't see this as a non sequitur at all.... Lyle is just illustrating the counterpoint to Téodor's Brubeck-induced reverie: Everyone else on Earth is a huge, steaming pile of shit.
...and vinegar. Shit and vinegar. I like that... it has a nice sort of ring to it.
Has anyone else noticed that the SFX in panel 1 read "plug glug glug?" Even more unsettling...
-
Now that you mention it, unsettling indeed.
-
Pickled Plums, anyone?
-
...and vinegar. Shit and vinegar. I like that... it has a nice sort of ring to it.
Not to be confused with santorum.*
The reference to Brubeck and Teodor's attendant thoughts=bravo
The non-sequitur from enjoying Brubeck to Lyle's nether regions=bravo
The idea of a "man douche" and it's forced visitation on my life=ewww.
But you know, that's Achewood, right there: Bravo, bravo, ewww (followed soon after, usually, by wtf?!)
This reminds me of a few years back on Conan when he described his favorite audience reaction and horror morphing into applause. "Ohhhh! That's just wrong how could he..heeeey! clapclapclap laugh"
*Attention Wombat! do not look up santorum at Urban Dictionary. Or Linguistic Society of America's Word of the Year list for 2005. In fact, just stop reading this thread entirely.
-
Shit and vinegar. I like that... it has a nice sort of ring to it.
Worst potato chips ever.
-
*Attention Wombat! do not look up santorum at Urban Dictionary. Or Linguistic Society of America's Word of the Year list for 2005. In fact, just stop reading this thread entirely.
Wombat already knows this word. She may no longer be a member of the LSA, but she does read Savage Love religiously. However, your concern is appreciated.
Actually, right now she's much more appalled by the 'pickled plums.'
-
Pickled Plums, anyone?
I'll never be able to eat Umeboshi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umeboshi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umeboshi)) again.
-
I'll never be able to eat Umeboshi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umeboshi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umeboshi)) again.
Yes, exactly, not that I ever actually liked them before but now I dread even seeing one.
-
Wombat already knows this word. She may no longer be a member of the LSA, but she does read Savage Love religiously. However, your concern is appreciated. Actually, right now she's much more appalled by the 'pickled plums.'
Nothing says "grossed out" like going third person.
Which, logically, means that Rickey Henderson is constantly grossed out.
-
Bjorn sometimes goes into the third person to narrate his own activities, but he would feel maligned if such an action were to be construed as an act of disgust. Bjorn simply wishes to draw attention to the fact that Bjorn is Bjorn.
That said, Bjorn does not advocate pure vinegar for man-douching, but rather a 1 to 3 water mix.
-
RE: mandouching.
I've found that the creative use of a tube and some baking soda in addition results in a much more uh, thorough man douche. But that's just my santorum covered .02.
-
I've found that the creative use of a tube and some baking soda in addition results in a much more uh, thorough man douche. But that's just my santorum covered .02.
Well... just don't use the baking soda man-douche and vinegar man-douche in conjunction. Because if I remember anything from elementary school science fairs (and I'm not sure I do) you would risk having that man-douche turn your mangina into what I could only imagine as being an incredibly painful...
Man-cano?
-
Seriously. While it may be an impressive display in the short run, the long term damage is not worth it. Don't be a fool.
-
I dunno, that could actually work quite well for a kid on a budget. Just stand upside-down inside a box and glue some fake trees to the periphery. No need to waste money on papier-mâché or red food coloring for the "lava."
-
RE: mandouching.
I've found that the creative use of a tube and some baking soda in addition results in a much more uh, thorough man douche. But that's just my santorum covered .02.
A tube? A tube of what? What kind of tube? Are you roto-rootering one of those whistling tubes that kids helicopter around their heads in your bowels?
Can you fly from a sitting position?
-
Well... just don't use the baking soda man-douche and vinegar man-douche in conjunction. Because if I remember anything from elementary school science fairs (and I'm not sure I do) you would risk having that man-douche turn your mangina into what I could only imagine as being an incredibly painful...
Man-cano?
On the same level of a coke-and-mentos man-douche?
Damn you, YouTube.
-
Well... just don't use the baking soda man-douche and vinegar man-douche in conjunction. Because if I remember anything from elementary school science fairs (and I'm not sure I do) you would risk having that man-douche turn your mangina into what I could only imagine as being an incredibly painful...
Man-cano?
That was the joke.
I fail at humor :(
-
Can'd for "man-cano." This is all.
-
I fail at humor
You do not fail at humour. You planted a Seed of Funny.
Did some Captain Obvious need to come along and over-wordify it into Internet Hilarity (tm)?
Okay, maybe. But that's the Circle of Comedy, my friend.
Sometimes we run a sprint and sometimes we pass the baton in a longer journey.
-
As regards the comic, you have to remember that the vinegar, since it belongs to Téodor, is probably some ultra-expensive rare Italian brand that was carried down from a mountain-top monastery by a wizened old monk on a mule before being carefully transported to California for use in one of Téodor's gastronomic creations.
And now Lyle is dipping his rad chilies in it.
-
As regards the comic, you have to remember that the vinegar, since it belongs to Téodor, is probably some ultra-expensive rare Italian brand that was carried down from a mountain-top monastery by a wizened old monk on a mule before being carefully transported to California for use in one of Téodor's gastronomic creations.
Such as a fifty-year-old balsamic so mellow and syrupy and sweet that some gourmet wag would claim you could pour it over ice cream except that no one would ever actually do that for any reason other than to prove they were a gourmet wag?
"Lyle! Don't use that as man-douche! I was saving it for the sundae bar!"
-
I seem to recall hearing of a vinegar soaking used as a home remedy for genital warts somewhere.
And if anyone in the Acheverse is in need of a good genital wart remedy, let's face it, it's probably Lyle.
-
I seem to recall hearing of a vinegar soaking used as a home remedy for genital warts somewhere.
http://frugalliving.about.com/cs/tips/a/blvinmed.htm
FIVE. PAGES.
-
As someone who pondered buying some artisinal balsamic vinegar at a ritzy gourmet shop in Denver, only to find that they had brands that were $70 for a tiny flacon... Poor, poor Teodor.
Also, I enjoy calling people "hoss" nowadays. We had a vessel capsize and the Coast Guard brought us 5 hypothermic patients at 3:30AM. We ran both our ambulances! Anyway, we were at the clinic and all our patients were taken care of (only one of them needed aggressive rewarming). I didn't have to fill out a run report, so I called dispatch to get the case number and times (time the call was toned out, time we left the hall, time we arrived at the airport, etc.). "Move over there hoss, I've got your times from dispatch."
-
As someone who pondered buying some artisinal balsamic vinegar at a ritzy gourmet shop in Denver, only to find that they had brands that were $70 for a tiny flacon... Poor, poor Teodor.
Also, I enjoy calling people "hoss" nowadays. We had a vessel capsize and the Coast Guard brought us 5 hypothermic patients at 3:30AM. We ran both our ambulances! Anyway, we were at the clinic and all our patients were taken care of (only one of them needed aggressive rewarming). I didn't have to fill out a run report, so I called dispatch to get the case number and times (time the call was toned out, time we left the hall, time we arrived at the airport, etc.). "Move over there hoss, I've got your times from dispatch."
So I have to ask, do you actually say "hoss" or are you saying the word that hoss is a filter for?
-
So I have to ask, do you actually say "hoss" or are you saying the word that hoss is a filter for?
Hahah, no, it's actually "H-O-S-S".
-
As regards the comic, you have to remember that the vinegar, since it belongs to Téodor, is probably some ultra-expensive rare Italian brand that was carried down from a mountain-top monastery by a wizened old monk on a mule before being carefully transported to California for use in one of Téodor's gastronomic creations.
And now Lyle is dipping his rad chilies in it.
Better make sure he puts it back in the bottle afterwards, then!