The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on February 20, 2007, 08:20:32 am

Title: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 20, 2007, 08:20:32 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02202007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02202007)

It's true. The dude gets no radish.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: Bimmicus on February 20, 2007, 09:00:06 am
Looks to me like the dude has been sleep-partying again, and that is has not been kind to him.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: Doc on February 20, 2007, 10:07:35 am
Ray is so traumatised in the last panel. This shift in his life has shaken him to his core.
It's wrong though to imply that men are primarily attracted to women based on their breasts or asses though: There are also legs.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: V-Adore on February 20, 2007, 11:38:36 am
I just like the fact that Ray's mental recognition of Beef being correct involves a vanity license plate. I think that's pretty classic Ray.

Also, Beef being the optimistic one in this equation is a nice subtle way to point to the fact that Beef is the luckier one in love of these two, what with having a steady sometimes-happy relationship versus Ray having nothing better to dwell about but his anonymous-voyeurism-produced radish status.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: wombat on February 20, 2007, 01:22:44 pm
Radish???
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: Bimmicus on February 20, 2007, 02:14:08 pm
Hard, red, round and spicy.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: drew on February 20, 2007, 03:11:26 pm
RAD-ish

RAD Chilies

I see a theme:

Methinks Onstad believes that the cat-junk is RAD!!!




Also, I totally get daikon when I sees me some jiggly mamacitas.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: linnea on February 20, 2007, 03:47:59 pm
It appears that  Ray's self image and core of existence has been fundamentally shaken.

I don't get it. I guess I mistakenly thought that guys are attracted to the entire person.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 20, 2007, 04:08:37 pm
I don't get it. I guess I mistakenly thought that guys are attracted to the entire person.

Well, let's say you get an enormous ice cream sundae with three kinds of ice cream, hot fudge sauce, caramel sauce, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry on top.  You like the whole thing, but the hot fudge sauce is really really your favorite part.

It's kinda like that.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: jaydub on February 20, 2007, 05:10:16 pm
Can'd for truth, Mr Mayor.

For me, its the general shape of the hips.  There's a tremendous amount of variety in there, and I find meditating on that restful and stimulating.  Hmmm....

Cheekbones are nice too.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: Sub_Topical on February 20, 2007, 05:23:19 pm
The Mayor is right, but sometimes guys got a thing where they see some hot fudge sauce that looks so damn good they're willing to overlook the nasty nuts that come with it, specially if they're just trying it out and not buying the dangity thing to take home and sit on a shelf in the fridge getting all in the way for months.

ALSO: V -> Ray -> Plate Frames = FOR YES
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: coldfrog on February 20, 2007, 06:10:31 pm
Also, I totally get daikon when I sees me some jiggly mamacitas.

This seems a much more appropriate vegetable to me, although radish does lend itself to Ray's particular brand of thought.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: CortJstr on February 20, 2007, 06:20:31 pm
The Mayor is right, but sometimes guys got a thing where they see some hot fudge sauce that looks so damn good they're willing to overlook the nasty nuts that come with it, specially if they're just trying it out and not buying the dangity thing to take home and sit on a shelf in the fridge getting all in the way for months.

aka "butter nuts"
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: theinevitable on February 20, 2007, 07:32:56 pm
man, what's creepy is that i had a similar conversation with someone yesterday.
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: Sub_Topical on February 20, 2007, 08:09:59 pm
aka "butter nuts"

Me straight man
You, so fuck*ng cann'd
Title: Re: February 20, 2007 - "I get no radish!"
Post by: iron_felix on February 22, 2007, 09:06:40 pm
I love the first four panels in this one.  Ray's sudden fondness for rude titties has left him completely stupefied.  It is akin to a spiritual crisis for him.

Actually, the first time I read it I missed the "soon" caption and assumed that it was just an abstract representation of Ray's state of mind.  Maybe I've just been conditioned by newspaper comics to see stuff like that as a throw-away gag incidental to the actual plot.  I don't know.