The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mrchee on February 27, 2007, 10:55:20 am

Title: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: mrchee on February 27, 2007, 10:55:20 am
1) Teodor is letting himself go

2) The Iraqi Speaker of the Council of Representatives -- baker?

link (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02272007)


(edited to add link what the HELL people - w)
Title: Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: Doc on February 27, 2007, 12:01:24 pm
3) No link?


Also Al Qaeda seem kind of fussy about food.
Title: Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: dejavroom on February 27, 2007, 12:11:54 pm
most forgettable.
Title: Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: coldfrog on February 27, 2007, 01:56:38 pm
Today's quiz: Which recipe was contributed by Pat?
Title: Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: iron_felix on February 27, 2007, 06:15:31 pm
I'd imagine there are quite a few people like Pat in Al-Qaeda.  If you're growing up in the kind of circumstances they recruit from, that is unfortunately probably the only real outlet for Pat-like self-righteous anger.  I'm not entirely sure they would share his culinary tastes, though.

This one is pretty meh, but Onstad's take on the culture of the Islamic world (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02162005) is rather amusing.  Also, if a cookbook has a picture of a live animal next to each recipe, I'd imagine that's probably a bad sign.  All hell of Swedish Chef.
Title: Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 27, 2007, 07:23:45 pm
I'm pretty straight with just making beer butt chicken. No Islamic fundamentalism required.
Title: Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 27, 2007, 08:28:01 pm
That's a pretty poetic way of saying that you don't want those extra calories, though.

Who wants to see their own shadow the following morning indeed. I sure don't.

I'll give "The War on Terrorists That Only Kind of Exist" points over "The Cold War" on that angle: our adversaries are hell of more poetic. Russians don't use "the" half the time. At least these guys and gals are completely florid.
Title: Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 27, 2007, 09:59:48 pm

I'll give "The War on Terrorists That Only Kind of Exist" points over "The Cold War" on that angle: our adversaries are hell of more poetic. Russians don't use "the" half the time. At least these guys and gals are completely florid.

Dude if you change "On Terrorists" to "Against Terrorirsts" your acronym would spell "T.W.A.T. T.O.K.E."

Think about it.
Title: Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: theinevitable on February 27, 2007, 10:27:43 pm
well... in their own language they use "the" on almost every goddamn word. so it comes naturally to them I'm sure.

Title: Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: Golfhaus on February 27, 2007, 11:14:52 pm
Doesn't Islam have some pretty tough dietary restrictions? I wonder if Onstad did his homework before conjuring up recipes for Terrorist Fuel.
Title: Re: February 27, 2007 -- Beaten egg whites replace the fattening cream
Post by: Ben-San on February 27, 2007, 11:19:21 pm
Very little is said about the actual recipes. Chicken of itself does not violate the rules of halal; neither do egg whites, cocoa powder, chocolate, or any particular combination of those three. Therefore, I don't think the Islamic dietary restrictions are a problem with regard to what of the recipes we see.